PDA

View Full Version : If you play stealthy in AC:B...

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-06-2010, 05:58 PM
you can pretty much avoid all open conflict, you got the hidden blades, so you can kill two guys at once. Then you have all those projectile weapons, darts, crossbow, knives, and the hidden gun.

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-06-2010, 05:58 PM
you can pretty much avoid all open conflict, you got the hidden blades, so you can kill two guys at once. Then you have all those projectile weapons, darts, crossbow, knives, and the hidden gun.

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 06:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GREAZY_FINGAZZ:
you can pretty much avoid all open conflict, you got the hidden blades, so you can kill two guys at once. Then you have all those projectile weapons, darts, crossbow, knives, and the hidden gun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, but (if you mean in multiplayer) you'd have to use blend to be stealthy, and that seems kinda cheap. Otherwise someone is bound to spot you unless it's 1 on 1.

EDIT: Is there limits to blending?

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Well of course I mean in singleplayer, and limits to blending? I'm not sure.

RandomRansom
11-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I believe the OP was referring to the SP mode. You don't have duel hidden blades in MP. Also, you never have two contracts, so you can't kill more than one person at a time.

And, no. I don't believe there is any limit to blending anywhere in the game (unless they change the blending rules for SP from how it was in ACII). I never noticed a limit to blending in the MP Beta. I've even blended with a moving crowd for minutes at a time.

-EDIT-

See, I was right. Too bad I didn't refresh just before posting or I would have seen the OP had already answered the question. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I guess I just used logic within the post (and game) to deduce what he or she was referring to (see my examples above).

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Well any AC player knows you can avoid conflict by playing stealthily. It takes good use of timing, and patience. ^^'

Xanatos2007
11-07-2010, 01:36 AM
There's a difference between having a proper stealth experience and simply not getting detected. A proper stealth game should - nay must - allow a player to stealthily infiltrate an area, complete their objective and get out unnoticed without killing anybody (other than their main target). This is something the Hitman, Thief and earlier games in the Splinter Cell series pulled off nicely: not only did they offer a proper stealth approach, but they also rewarded you for being a sneaky little bugger who doesn't leave behind evidence of his intrusion (that includes dead bodies). This is something I liked about the first AC game which they totally missed the mark on in AC2 & AC:B. I was rather hoping they'd expand a little more on the whole social stealth aspect they were so proud of in AC1 but the closest thing we got to a stealth mission was killing some guy up on a tower which usually involved killing all his guards first before they saw you. In fact the majority of the 'stealth' parts in AC2 involved you killing some henchmen before going for the main man, and by the looks of things AC:B doesn't seem to have changed that (in fact it's probably worse, what with tanks & guns & all that redundant equipment).

Rakudaton
11-07-2010, 02:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
There's a difference between having a proper stealth experience and simply not getting detected. A proper stealth game should - nay must - allow a player to stealthily infiltrate an area, complete their objective and get out unnoticed without killing anybody (other than their main target). This is something the Hitman, Thief and earlier games in the Splinter Cell series pulled off nicely: not only did they offer a proper stealth approach, but they also rewarded you for being a sneaky little bugger who doesn't leave behind evidence of his intrusion (that includes dead bodies). This is something I liked about the first AC game which they totally missed the mark on in AC2 & AC:B. I was rather hoping they'd expand a little more on the whole social stealth aspect they were so proud of in AC1 but the closest thing we got to a stealth mission was killing some guy up on a tower which usually involved killing all his guards first before they saw you. In fact the majority of the 'stealth' parts in AC2 involved you killing some henchmen before going for the main man, and by the looks of things AC:B doesn't seem to have changed that (in fact it's probably worse, what with tanks & guns & all that redundant equipment). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You thought the stealthiest assassination was the monk on a tower? Really? What about Emilio Barbarigo? I climbed in through a window, took out all the rooftop and upper level guards, before catching him alone and air assassinating him. Took about 5 minutes, but it was worth it. What about Uberto Alberghi? Vieri di'Pazzi? Infiltrating the Vatican to kill Rodrigo?

AC2 was much more stealthy than AC1. Almost every assassination in the first game forced you to just run in and stab the guy. It was *sometimes* possible to blend your way out to a safe spot and spring on them from there, but with all the drunkards and lepers around who could ruin your blending it just wasn't worth the effort.

Did you really prefer being able to hold a button that makes you undetectable to having to merge with crowds of people, passing from one to the other? AC2's blending was a lot more tactical and fluid. But that's only my opinion, I guess.

NuclearFuss
11-07-2010, 04:12 AM
As well, AC1 had much more planning than the second game. You had to investigate and get maps of guard patrols (which were quite helpful) etc. AC2 had none of that. I don't think either of them are particularly stealthy.

Serenity9066
11-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe you guys just suck. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Jk.

Patrol maps? &gt;.&gt;

notafanboy
11-07-2010, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
As well, AC1 had much more planning than the second game. You had to investigate and get maps of guard patrols (which were quite helpful) etc. AC2 had none of that. I don't think either of them are particularly stealthy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thats what i loved in ac1 that wasn´t in ac2

Xanatos2007
11-07-2010, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
There's a difference between having a proper stealth experience and simply not getting detected. A proper stealth game should - nay must - allow a player to stealthily infiltrate an area, complete their objective and get out unnoticed without killing anybody (other than their main target). This is something the Hitman, Thief and earlier games in the Splinter Cell series pulled off nicely: not only did they offer a proper stealth approach, but they also rewarded you for being a sneaky little bugger who doesn't leave behind evidence of his intrusion (that includes dead bodies). This is something I liked about the first AC game which they totally missed the mark on in AC2 & AC:B. I was rather hoping they'd expand a little more on the whole social stealth aspect they were so proud of in AC1 but the closest thing we got to a stealth mission was killing some guy up on a tower which usually involved killing all his guards first before they saw you. In fact the majority of the 'stealth' parts in AC2 involved you killing some henchmen before going for the main man, and by the looks of things AC:B doesn't seem to have changed that (in fact it's probably worse, what with tanks & guns & all that redundant equipment). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You thought the stealthiest assassination was the monk on a tower? Really? What about Emilio Barbarigo? I climbed in through a window, took out all the rooftop and upper level guards, before catching him alone and air assassinating him. Took about 5 minutes, but it was worth it. What about Uberto Alberghi? Vieri di'Pazzi? Infiltrating the Vatican to kill Rodrigo?

AC2 was much more stealthy than AC1. Almost every assassination in the first game forced you to just run in and stab the guy. It was *sometimes* possible to blend your way out to a safe spot and spring on them from there, but with all the drunkards and lepers around who could ruin your blending it just wasn't worth the effort.

Did you really prefer being able to hold a button that makes you undetectable to having to merge with crowds of people, passing from one to the other? AC2's blending was a lot more tactical and fluid. But that's only my opinion, I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My point was that AC1 had more of a stealth focus in regards to infiltration; using the crowd to blend in and killing only your target before making like a shepard and getting the flock out of there. This made sense because that's what the Hashshashin (y'know, the original clan the Assassins are based off) really did during the Crusades and to great effect. And who honestly didn't enjoy the adrenaline-pumping escape sequences?

AC2 on the other hand expects you to kill every mofo that gets in your way like some Hollywood action hero, leaving barely any room for the 'social stealth' that was the main focus of AC1's assassinations. Not only that but the epic escape sequences were also absent, making the game too damn easy and unimmersive.

And the AC2 stealth mission I was talking about was the one in the DLC where you have to kill the monk in Florence, where it was instant desync if you were spotted and the only way to finish that mission was to kill all the guards first. Again, not fitting with the social stealth aspect established in AC1.

Astralcloak
11-07-2010, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Did you really prefer being able to hold a button that makes you undetectable to having to merge with crowds of people, passing from one to the other? AC2's blending was a lot more tactical and fluid. But that's only my opinion, I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My point was that AC1 had more of a stealth focus in regards to infiltration; using the crowd to blend in and killing only your target before making like a shepard and getting the flock out of there. This made sense because that's what the Hashshashin (y'know, the original clan the Assassins are based off) really did during the Crusades and to great effect. And who honestly didn't enjoy the adrenaline-pumping escape sequences?

AC2 on the other hand expects you to kill every mofo that gets in your way like some Hollywood action hero, leaving barely any room for the 'social stealth' that was the main focus of AC1's assassinations. Not only that but the epic escape sequences were also absent, making the game too damn easy and unimmersive.

And the AC2 stealth mission I was talking about was the one in the DLC where you have to kill the monk in Florence, where it was instant desync if you were spotted and the only way to finish that mission was to kill all the guards first. Again, not fitting with the social stealth aspect established in AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 things;
-firstly, i wanted to see how many quote teirs we can go through before this gets silly
-secondly, i totaly agree that AC1 was more stealthy, the idea that, if your a half-decent fighter in AC2, u can kill every guard in the city as some sort of supersoldier is annoying, becuase that option makes true stealth more difficult, compared to AC1, where stealth was the true facet of the game.

the 1st singleplayer mission in ACB for example, an entire seige with PAPEL forces, seige towers, artillery and thousands of troops, out of spite, for a small town of monterrigioni, it's absurd and completly against the point of the game.
You shouldn't be a supersoldier, you need limits, thats where the real skill comes in.

thekyle0
11-07-2010, 03:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You thought the stealthiest assassination was the monk on a tower? Really? What about Emilio Barbarigo? I climbed in through a window, took out all the rooftop and upper level guards, before catching him alone and air assassinating him. Took about 5 minutes, but it was worth it. What about Uberto Alberghi? Vieri di'Pazzi? Infiltrating the Vatican to kill Rodrigo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why did you choose all the worst examples for stealth? Might you throw in Francesco and Jacopo so long as you're trying to disprove your own point? If you're arguing that AC2 had more stealth then you should indicate such targets as Marco Barbarigo, Stefano da Bagnone, Bernardo Baroncelli, Checco Orsi, The Doctor(Bonfire DLC), The Farmer, The Merchant, The Preacher, and numerous assignments from Lorenzo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
AC2 was much more stealthy than AC1. Almost every assassination in the first game forced you to just run in and stab the guy. It was *sometimes* possible to blend your way out to a safe spot and spring on them from there, but with all the drunkards and lepers around who could ruin your blending it just wasn't worth the effort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, the majority of targets could be done with a stealth approach and never be detected until the target is dead.

Tamir: Hide in the hay cart, jump out and stab him as he walks by. Then escape by running across the rafters of the Souk.
Garnier: Wait on the rafters near the south-west side of the interior until he approaches a patient by a ladder at the north west corner. Then jump across the rafters, air assassinate him, and escape by climbing the ladders back onto the rafters and jumping out of a broken window in the south-west corner.

William: Fly like an eagle. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G43h7I-K_mc)
Majd Addin: Go to through an alleyway to a yard on the west side of the building bordering the stage. Climb the building, kill the guard on top, and wait for Majd Addin to turn his back while standing close to the "prostitute". Then air assassinate him and escape by climbing the building you just jumped from.

Jubair and Sibrand can also be done with stealth, though I'm sure you get the idea now and I needn't bruise my fingertips more.

Basically, AC2 had more tools for stealth, though the percentage of missions that asked you to use them was considerably smaller.