PDA

View Full Version : Where am I?

jimbo1155
04-23-2006, 06:19 AM
I've been playing the game for about 4 months now and am really enjoying it! but can I ask how do I know where I am in the game and where I'm supposed to be heading? the aircraft that have compasses are straight forward but sometimes I'm completely lost! I have put the map on but I find this interferes with the fun of the chase! can you help me please?...tyvm

jimbo1155
04-23-2006, 06:19 AM
I've been playing the game for about 4 months now and am really enjoying it! but can I ask how do I know where I am in the game and where I'm supposed to be heading? the aircraft that have compasses are straight forward but sometimes I'm completely lost! I have put the map on but I find this interferes with the fun of the chase! can you help me please?...tyvm

ploughman
04-23-2006, 06:38 AM
There's the little speedbar thingy on the bottom left of the screen that gives heading and, if you map it to a key (might be automatically mapped to "K"?) will also give you altitude and speed. You can have your altitude and speed in feet or metres, knots, kph or mph, press the key you've mapped repeatedly to scroll through. Some planes, like the Spitfire's, have their compasses between your knees and are a bugger to see as the stick is in the way. Also, if you're lost lost, use your mouse to zoom in or out of the map and turn it off once you're re-oriented.

MadRuski
04-23-2006, 06:46 AM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/MadRuski/untitled.jpg

danjama
04-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Use the minimap with icons off, then your not spoiling the thrill of the chase. Zoom in on the map to discover landmarks and match them up to the landscape. Landmarks in il2 could be rivers, estuarys or maybe even forests/citys. You really should use the minimap, most pilots in real life would have had maps with them when they flew.