PDA

View Full Version : Wlan and high ping

tjaika1910
01-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi.

I have played the last couple of days and get kicked out of the servers. My ping is OK, but periodically rises over 400. After a few of these I get kicked. Is this a general wlan issuse, and I there something I can do, settings etc?

The line is otherwise fast, but I use ISDN as settings as recommended by Warclouds server.

tjaika1910
01-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi.

I have played the last couple of days and get kicked out of the servers. My ping is OK, but periodically rises over 400. After a few of these I get kicked. Is this a general wlan issuse, and I there something I can do, settings etc?

The line is otherwise fast, but I use ISDN as settings as recommended by Warclouds server.

1.JaVA_Razer
01-04-2005, 04:18 PM
well what other comps are hooke dup to that Wlan?

I ask this because a slow comp can halt/throttle a Wlan network down so it's possible a slower comp's trying to do something and the network throttles or something

Agamemnon22
01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Could someone else on the network possibly be downloading something while you're playing? WLAN in itself should not cause any problems.

tjaika1910
01-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Several computers are charing a 3-5 Mbit adsl line. But at most two on the same wlan. Seemed so regular too. Like its a high ping a short time every min or two. Wondered if it was someting to do with wlan in general or mine adapter particular. Seems as the latency is a bit higher than fixed lines, but the periods with 4-5 times higher ping get me kicked out unfortunely.

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Same thing was happening to me. I have 5 pc's on my network at home and thought it could have been one of the other pc's DL'ing or using too much bandwidth whike I was trying to fly. I shut down all the other pc's and still had the problem. I ended up getting a new wireless "G" router (replacing the signal-boosted wireless "b" that I had) and haven't had the opportunity yet to test it extensively. Preliminary tests say the problem has been reduced almost completely.

My next upgrade is to call my ISp and get my bandwidth widened http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TB

tjaika1910
01-05-2005, 12:35 PM
OK, thanks. Ive got a "b". Upgrading to "g" could do the trick?! I think the access router is g-standard. I will check it out.