PDA

View Full Version : Dual Hidden Blade - Multi Stab

Mossero
11-23-2009, 05:20 AM
I saw on a clip of Assassins Creed 2, Ezio killing someone with his hidden blades by running over to them and rapidly stabbing them in the stomach numerous times.

Is this possible to do or was this another great thing they never put into the final build?

- Mossero -

Mossero
11-23-2009, 05:20 AM
I saw on a clip of Assassins Creed 2, Ezio killing someone with his hidden blades by running over to them and rapidly stabbing them in the stomach numerous times.

Is this possible to do or was this another great thing they never put into the final build?

- Mossero -

caswallawn_2k7
11-23-2009, 05:29 AM
it's possible it's just one of the harder hidden blade combos to pull off. I've only managed it a couple of times.

Mossero
11-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Do you know what triggers it?

Engaged, Not Engaged, Locked On, Running, Sprinting, Walking, Undetected?

Any ideas?

- Mossero -

Dec.2012
11-23-2009, 05:42 AM
I did it a few times by just continuously attacking a guard with the hidden blades while locked on to him. Once his stamina is low enough, you might pull it off, or do another move like slice his neck or pounce on him with the blade.

caswallawn_2k7
11-23-2009, 05:45 AM
it's just a move when you are using the hidden blade as your main weapon in a fight.

K0rN b4LL
11-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Personally, I think Desmond's kill animations with a single blade at the end of the game look cooler than enzio's dual blade motions.

Mossero
11-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Figured it out now, its actually pretty common when attackin the enemy from the front in an engaged battle.

pom7daz
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Easy to do. When two guards stands close enough to each others, when you assassinate one of them he automaticly assissinate the other one. Im using it all the time

narego
11-23-2009, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pom7daz:
Easy to do. When two guards stands close enough to each others, when you assassinate one of them he automaticly assissinate the other one. Im using it all the time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hes not talking about the dual assassination (title is missleading)

I think you can do it like this (or close to this) You get your hidden blade and start attacking many times to your enemy, after he has lost some of hes HP.. maybe like 5/8 you can do it by pressing R1 and square.. IF that doesnt work, then you just need to attack him with your hidden blades and move the L3 around.

Im pretty sure i have figured it out.

Mossero
11-24-2009, 03:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hes not talking about the dual assassination (title is missleading) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The title isn't misleading, nobody else misunderstood and it doesn't mention "dual assassination" it says what weapon and what kill.

Other than that, like I said, I figured out how to do it, its pretty common, either by constantly mashing attack and killing an engaged enemy with the dual blade and I've even done it when running over to and assassinating a soldier by just pressing square on his front. Instead of just stabbing him in the stomach sometimes it will do the rapid stab.

- Mossero -

Dynasty2021
11-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Just figured it out.

You lock onto the target, run at him as he's facing you, i.e. hold R1 (PS3) and hit square as you get to him.

Dont sprint by holding x or youll just jump on him and knock him down AC style and jab him in the neck, just hold R1, i.e. high profile.

It counts as a 'high profile kill' that way. If you just walk up the guy and press square then he puts his hand on his shoulder and jabs him in the stomach, the usual low profile kill basically.

He does it sometimes, and other times he stabs the guy's face as the guy tries to push him away, other times he does both blades to the face and pushes him back etc.

Its random selection that you cant control.

Im loving it when it happens though.

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 05:10 AM
if you use R1 to run in you more often than not dive on the person and stab them, the multi gut stab is a standard combat move and not an assassination move.

Chace_Money
11-24-2009, 12:06 PM
all you do in get the targets HP low. Go you to the target and hold Square wit the double blades. then you'll see the multi-stab move. Chace_Money

Phobos14
11-24-2009, 12:36 PM
I have done it twice, both on a roof top as i was running up to the guy. Both times that guard had just turned around to see me and it just happened. It wasnt during a battle it was just a quick kill.

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 12:39 PM
it's always been in battles for me the quick kills are normally less impressive.

XxRTEKxX
11-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I always pull it off by running not sprinting.......hold right trigger and when I approach the target from the front, I hit x and ezio does the multiple stab.

I wish the devs would have put in some stealth kills like the ones that will be in Rogue Warrior. On there, Marcinko does one where he slits a throat, as the enemy falls to the ground, he kneels on his back, pulls his head back and slits his throat again.

Another is where Marcinko stabs a guy repeatedly in the kidneys. Another where he stabs him in the balls, then slits his neck.

Its going to badass seeing those stealth kills, even if the gameplay sucks.

BAMB0
11-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Since we're essentially on the topic of dual hidden blade kills, does anyone know if the silent assassination from the E3 demo is possible?

The one where you are sitting on the bench and when a guard is near you stab him with double hidden blade and you sit him down on the bench.

Mossero
11-24-2009, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">does anyone know if the silent assassination from the E3 demo is possible? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is possible, very easy. Much like anything else, if he comes close enough just press square http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">does anyone know if the silent assassination from the E3 demo is possible? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you know I have never actually thought of that, have pulled the seekers into the hay a few times. but the guards on the streets tend to be in groups so pulling one away would most likely draw attention.

Crash_Plague
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BAMB0:
Since we're essentially on the topic of dual hidden blade kills, does anyone know if the silent assassination from the E3 demo is possible?

The one where you are sitting on the bench and when a guard is near you stab him with double hidden blade and you sit him down on the bench. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, one would think that it would be similar to the assassination from the haystack ,since they're both assassinating from hiding spot....

I should try that sometime, lol, I was kinda wondering the same thing lol.

Phobos14
11-24-2009, 04:07 PM
I used one for the first time the other night. It was during one of the secondary assassinations in Tuscany. It was the easiest and most assassin like way to kill him without being noticed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TooLazy4Name
11-24-2009, 05:34 PM
ive only been able to do it on enemies wielding maces, or brutes. its just a combo kill that works on certain classes i guess. but never try and do it on the lowly footsoldiers, it wont work. he'll just jump on them.

ParallelNemesis
11-24-2009, 06:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mossero:

- Mossero - </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did this using the combo attack from AC1, attack and then press again the instant the hidden blade comes in contact with the enemy's weapon. For a guard, he will lose a health square every time you succeed in hitting the button at the right time and on the last health point, the finishing move will sometimes be Ezio sticking his blades in the guard's stomach.

PlagueDoctor357
11-24-2009, 07:40 PM
I get it alot when I smoke bomb a group and start stabbing fools.

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Theirs many ways of doing it, if you dont wanna risk killing the target before doing then I suggest going to hand to hand combat throw sand in the targets face when he is dazd, switch to hidden blade and go close to him NOT high profile, and attack http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sometime he wil slie the guards throat, or jump on him, or do the multiple stab combo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DeathBlade139
11-25-2009, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Theirs many ways of doing it, if you dont wanna risk killing the target before doing then I suggest going to hand to hand combat throw sand in the targets face when he is dazd, switch to hidden blade and go close to him NOT high profile, and attack http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sometime he wil slie the guards throat, or jump on him, or do the multiple stab combo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, another way to do is to disarm then rapidly switch to hidden blades and attack. Same thing is great for the awesome empty handed finishing moves (hit down on the dpad to release the stolen weapon before finishing).

Foppezao
11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Normally its a [rare] random combo thing when stamina of the enemy is low..Best change is to throw sand into their eyes[unarmed then hold square for just a second] then switch to blades hit attack[square] again and it usually pulls off this multi stab combo or the slit throat[not bad either]...

BAMB0
11-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Anyone been able to get the E3 demo assassination yet? Because I sure as hell haven't LOL

They're just too far from the bench even when there's the single walking guards. I even tried to pick up a dead body and place it near the bench so to lure in a guard. But the people on the benches get up and I can't even hide on the bench anymore.

I'm kinda interested to see if this is actually 100% possible and in this game because that was one of my favorite kills lol I'd definitely do it A LOT if it is possible.

jimbo11235813
11-28-2009, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BAMB0:
Anyone been able to get the E3 demo assassination yet? Because I sure as hell haven't LOL

They're just too far from the bench even when there's the single walking guards. I even tried to pick up a dead body and place it near the bench so to lure in a guard. But the people on the benches get up and I can't even hide on the bench anymore.

I'm kinda interested to see if this is actually 100% possible and in this game because that was one of my favorite kills lol I'd definitely do it A LOT if it is possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's happened a couple of times for me, but only when I'm notorious. A group of guards (occasionally a single guard) will notice me, then when the yellow (or whatever colour it is, can't remember) fills up and the red starts to fill and they follow me. I then sit and they talk to me, then I strike. But there is only one time I've done this without attracting more attention.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 02:17 PM

I'm kinda interested to see if this is actually 100% possible and in this game because that was one of my favorite kills lol I'd definitely do it A LOT if it is possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i did it, i just bumped into a guard on accident, he started harrassing me, so i sat down, waited for him to come up, and sat him down really gently onto the bench with a gaping stomach wound XD

BAMB0
11-28-2009, 05:34 PM
That sounds awesome. I honestly did not think it made it into the final version of the game. I can't wait to try this out lol

I have the auditore cape equipped at all times so being fully notorious isn't hard for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 05:36 PM
yeah, i always have the auditore cape on now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

wieetsguy
11-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Wut?

I've done this several times.

You get an opportunity to do that in a Forlė assassination contract, where you have to kill 3 guards and one of them walks just close enough from the bench.

Also, whenever you're running away and a guard looks for you in the benches, stab, just like with the hay.

BAMB0
11-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I was finally able to do this lol

I haven't done all the side quest Assassinations so I guess I haven't done that one yet.

And I usually don't run away, I have too much fun screwing around with different weapons and animations in a fight. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I'm definitely going to start doing this more often now and actually try to make it work without being detected by 5 other guards.

GaM3r_010
11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
It's one of the harder combos to pull off.

I get it a lot, but maybe I'm lucky.

Bertand1
01-10-2010, 08:47 AM
I've found the most common way of doing it, When in battle disarm your opponent and choose your hidden blades straight away (He'll drop the weapon you just nicked) and walk closer to him then attack, although it won't happen 100% of the time, he may do it, I did it three times in one fight. Hope this helps =D
In addition, in order for it to work, you musn't be bouncing off people with attacks, once they are disarmed target then and do it, don't attack others first, or you will just smack him round the head =P

Ureh
01-10-2010, 09:40 AM
yeah that's my fav combo. the one where he stabs the stomach repeatedly.

i think desmond's finish moves are brutal, but they don't have a certain grace and precision that ezio has. but in time, i think desmond will match his ancestors skills.

nitres15
01-10-2010, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mossero:
Do you know what triggers it?

Engaged, Not Engaged, Locked On, Running, Sprinting, Walking, Undetected?

Any ideas?

- Mossero - </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know throw sand and change to hidden blades and attack

Fayt912
01-10-2010, 12:03 PM
rapidly stabbing people is so much fun

lengthyabom
09-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Bunch of useless responses. No one answered the original post regardless of all these "I just figured it out"'s.

Steps for multiple stab wounds using double hidden blade (only way I've noticed it can be done 100% of the time):

-Disarm the guard
-Press directional arrow up to select hidden blades and drop their weapon
-Face them to get close enough to interact with them
-Press left stick down and X at the same time to execute the maneuver.

To slit the enemies throat with the criss-crossing hidden blades maneuver do the same thing, just move the stick to the right and hit X.

If it fails for you it's probably because the controller registered the incorrect directional movement for the left stick.

Happy stabbin'

P.S.
This technique can be applied to any other weapon in the game to gain more control over what moves you want executed, including unarmed.

Caligula__
09-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Punch a guard to show em who's boss, wait for em to swing and get in a fight with em (still using teh hidden blades) and sometimes you'll do that uber-pwnage move

TheDarkKnigg1
09-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Lock onto guard

Throw sand in face

Select hidden blades

kill guards.

This method usually works for me.