PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered DVD complete addition

panzerd18
03-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Hi,

I guess I have started playing IL-2 late in the piece. I had always wanted to buy the IL-2 series but the new DVD made that decision easy.

My copy is in the mail and on its way, though I have a few questions to all you expertan's regarding the DVD.

Will it be compatible with merged installs for online play or will I only be able to play against those with the DVD install?

Will I need to patch the game or does it come with the latest patch?

Will the DVD version be compatible with some of the free downloadable campaigns like Malta Campaigned and other expansions including Battle Over Europe?

I have Track IR Pro 4 and was wondering if it is easy to set up?

Thanks

Panzerd

panzerd18
03-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Hi,

I guess I have started playing IL-2 late in the piece. I had always wanted to buy the IL-2 series but the new DVD made that decision easy.

My copy is in the mail and on its way, though I have a few questions to all you expertan's regarding the DVD.

Will it be compatible with merged installs for online play or will I only be able to play against those with the DVD install?

Will I need to patch the game or does it come with the latest patch?

Will the DVD version be compatible with some of the free downloadable campaigns like Malta Campaigned and other expansions including Battle Over Europe?

I have Track IR Pro 4 and was wondering if it is easy to set up?

Thanks

Panzerd

panzerd18
03-30-2006, 04:40 AM
bump

LStarosta
03-30-2006, 05:53 AM
Yes, you can play with everybody, and most likely you will have the latest patch, and yes, all your campaigns will work with it.

And TrackIR might be a ***** to get used to.

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-30-2006, 07:49 AM
A. Fully compatible

B. Track IR is fairly easy to setup. You may have to tweak your sensor location, profile etc,.. but it's well worth it and once done, you shouldn't have to do anything else except remember to turn it on before you start the game.

TB

panzerd18
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
great thanks for your help!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif