PDA

View Full Version : only post here to sign this petition regarding GRAW3!

MYnextGAMERTAG
07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I know that a lot of you have issues with spawn killing, first person mode, ghillie suit, etc.... but this is a petition for a fundamental flaw with all Ghost Recon games.

The ghosts seem only to know how to climb stairs... remember the TRAINING level.. to get in the sniper tower.. you went up stairs.. to get up the cranes in the SHIPPING PORT you went up stairs.

then comes GRAW 2 with outpost.. and you see all these broken ladders to climb... same with the mountain base.. sniper towers, yet no usable/working ladders. then you think of the Embassy.. have any of you actually ran around the buildings on the garage side of the embassy?.. all those buildings have stairs up to the roof, but all the stair entrances have been blocked by fences?.. why?.. why put a ladder that is broken why put a set of stairs and a roof that can be fired from, but no way to access it?... QUIT TEASING US!

THIS PETITION IS for people that want the ghosts to be able to CLIMB LADDERS and post up in sniper nests/towers. I'm sure a tactical unit like the ghosts could climb a thing like a ladder.. I mean my nieces and nephews can climb ladders why can't the ghosts?.. MY CAT even know how to climb up a ladder.

PLEASE SIGN THIS POST ONLY IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS ADDITION TO GRAW 3. if you don't agree then just ignore it. I want UBI to see how many people would like to see their charater
1. climb a ladder
2. climb down a ladder
3. slide down a ladder
4. (not necessary but would be nice).. some ropes to rappel down or climb up.

MYnextGAMERTAG
I know that a lot of you have issues with spawn killing, first person mode, ghillie suit, etc.... but this is a petition for a fundamental flaw with all Ghost Recon games.

The ghosts seem only to know how to climb stairs... remember the TRAINING level.. to get in the sniper tower.. you went up stairs.. to get up the cranes in the SHIPPING PORT you went up stairs.

then comes GRAW 2 with outpost.. and you see all these broken ladders to climb... same with the mountain base.. sniper towers, yet no usable/working ladders. then you think of the Embassy.. have any of you actually ran around the buildings on the garage side of the embassy?.. all those buildings have stairs up to the roof, but all the stair entrances have been blocked by fences?.. why?.. why put a ladder that is broken why put a set of stairs and a roof that can be fired from, but no way to access it?... QUIT TEASING US!

THIS PETITION IS for people that want the ghosts to be able to CLIMB LADDERS and post up in sniper nests/towers. I'm sure a tactical unit like the ghosts could climb a thing like a ladder.. I mean my nieces and nephews can climb ladders why can't the ghosts?.. MY CAT even know how to climb up a ladder.

PLEASE SIGN THIS POST ONLY IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS ADDITION TO GRAW 3. if you don't agree then just ignore it. I want UBI to see how many people would like to see their charater
1. climb a ladder
2. climb down a ladder
3. slide down a ladder
4. (not necessary but would be nice).. some ropes to rappel down or climb up.

MYnextGAMERTAG
signed!

MYnextGAMERTAG
07-06-2007, 11:13 AM
dang... no one wants to climb ladders?

okay.. when the next game comes out and you see a sweet sniper's nest and you find the way up it is a BROKEN ladder.. you're going to wish that you signed my stupid petition.

am I crazy for wanting this?

GrimlockCW
07-06-2007, 11:34 AM
i agree, ladders should make a come back, but also so should operable doors and the like.
i mean, yeah, we're in a trashed city, or empty desert, but seriously.. what are the chances of no doors existing even there?!

its the little things, it really is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SWAT Campin Jay
07-06-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't know how I feel about it. If you're going to climb a ladder or scale a chain link fence or do other gymnastics, then you should put your gun away and risk having no weapon, like when you take out smoke grenades. So I would only like it if you had to specifically press Y while in the vacinity of a ladder or fence. "Clamber" could take on some new meanings and I'd probably like it.

Having rappel points I don't like. RB6 has many playground type ropes hanging about but I don't think it fits GR at all.

I think you should be able to jump off low balconies with a natural delay/disorientation on landing. COD3 does that with the leg-break sound. But they should REALLY jar the camera when you land. The perfect landing in COD3 is what makes it unrealistic.

And I have a dog to match your cat. She's a CRAZY Jack Russell and she climbs the ladder to my pool slide with her tennis ball in her mouth, drops it, then slides down after it. She snaps it on her way under the water and surfaces a second later with it in her mouth. You'd have to see it to believe it. The craziest dog I've ever had.

oorlogshond
07-06-2007, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MxSkanduhLESxM:
am I crazy for wanting this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

MYnextGAMERTAG
07-07-2007, 01:11 AM
i want exactly that...

no gun while climbing.. you can't shoot from the ladder so you put yourself at a disadvantage.

i mean how stupid is it that when you want to get on top of the EMBASSY you have to run up stairs in circles like 4 times b4 you get there?

stairs, stairs, stairs...

if you don't like the rope idea.. fine, but ladders.. need to be put in the game.

gamenexus
07-07-2007, 03:21 AM
signed

MYnextGAMERTAG
07-07-2007, 10:08 AM
but safrole.. .my cat beats your dog...

my cat can climb an 8 foot ladder.. get to the top and jump 3 more feet up into my attic.

why?
i dunno she just wants to go in there all the time.

and i'm not done yet.
I have a dog too (weiner dog).. but what was cool about my cat is that my cat's dish is on top of a steel chair... my dog's dish is below the chair.. my cat would sit on her chair and watch my dog eat..
my dog would BEG to my cat by sitting on her hind legs and cry...
my cat will scoop food out of her dish with her front paw and toss it to my dog?
when I watched that.. i was like WTF?

we used to leave my front door open but the screen door kept the cat and dog in the house..
i guess from watchin, my cat realized if she jumped up and grabbed the handle she could open the door and run outside....
so now we can't leave the front door open.. i mean she goes outside and always comes back.. .but we don't want her getting fleas.

oh yeah.. and sorry safrole. .but my cat poops and pees in one spot... beat that. haha.

sadly my cat and dog were best friends.. but I had to put my dog to sleep due to old age and blindness. my cat hasn't been the same since...what is weird is my cat's bed is in the hallway and my dog's bed is in the livingroom.

now that my dog is gone.. my cat sleeps in the dogs bed. I can tell she misses my dog.

Gr.Junkie
07-07-2007, 11:38 AM
I would love to see ladders that you can climb.and wish they would bring back doors that you could open.
But, honestly I dont think they care what you or I think. It seems to me with every release they mess this series up even more.for instance tpv,doors that can be opened,map sizes, selectable spawns,hit detection,reticule bloom,run speeds,shots to kill,run and gun 50cal sniper and Im sure thier is more.

ubermoob
07-07-2007, 03:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BS KOPITE: Can we enter buildings? The ability to enter buildings has been long missed by the community, if this has not been added can you explain the reasons why?

Serellan: As you have seen from the demo, there are more "CQB" elements in the game. As far as fully fleshed-out buildings (like an office building), no. Ghost Recon is about fighting in outdoor environments, and GRAW2 continues that theme. As far as why, as a dev team we can focus on doing one thing well, or many things "so-so." We chose to focus on outdoor environments, and do them as best as they can be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"We chose to focus on outdoor environments, and DO THEM AS BEST AS THEY CAN BE DONE."
This statement makes me want to scream and rant and rage and make a huge negative post towards the devs. I will refrain from doing so.

I think if I can open a door or climb a ladder, a member of an elite combat group can do the same thing . I think if there are buildings in the environment, those buildings are part of the environment and you should be able to use them accordingly. To me that means doors and ladders are real objects with which I should be able to interact.It also means that if the door is locked I can lob a grenade in front of it and....unlock it . Perhaps even smash a window and clamber through instead.

Honestly if you don't want to work on the insides of buildings so that we can use them why don't you just stop making maps with buildings in them ? That is a pretty damned simple way to fix this. If there are no buildings or ladders then we won't be able to complain about ladders or doors.

The reference to CoD kinda made me laugh. You can jump out of a window on the 3rd floor of a building in CoD 3 and survive . When you hit the ground you hear your legs break and the screen is covered in a red haze so that you cannot see where you are going. Ofcourse you can still walk and a few seconds later when you regenerate you can run full speed again.