PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal Wall Running

AchyutDwivedi
10-09-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm cooldudeachyut and I request UBISOFT to add a feature of horizontal wall running in any future make of Assassin's creed i.e. Assassin's creed 3

ace3001
10-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by AchyutDwivedi:
I'm cooldudeachyut and I request UBISOFT to add a feature of horizontal wall running in any future make of Assassin's creed i.e. Assassin's creed 3 IMO, that would kill the familiar "feel" of platforming in AC. Keep in mind, this isn't Prince of Persia, but Assassin's Creed. It also has a touch of realism. Sure, the free running isn't realistic, but it's more realistic than PoP.

AchyutDwivedi
10-09-2011, 07:36 AM
I thought it would be cool but thank you very much for advice

ace3001
10-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Just my opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Others could possibly disagree. Anyhow, I don't see Ubi implementing it.

kriss3d
10-10-2011, 03:16 AM
I wouldnt mind some wallrunning. I could see it work when getting from a hanging place to somwhere else in same height. Say climbing some tower or church and you hang from a window and a bit to your left is a lantern ( the sort which lets you swing a 90 degree corner).. Yeah i could see it work without it being to the same extend as used in PoP.. Perhaps in form of grips for your boots ? So you "learn" it by getting them from Leonardo perhaps.

Jexx21
10-10-2011, 04:21 AM
I'd only be able to stand it if it was like Mirror's Edge.

Calvarok
10-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AchyutDwivedi:
I'm cooldudeachyut and I request UBISOFT to add a feature of horizontal wall running in any future make of Assassin's creed i.e. Assassin's creed 3 IMO, that would kill the familiar "feel" of platforming in AC. Keep in mind, this isn't Prince of Persia, but Assassin's Creed. It also has a touch of realism. Sure, the free running isn't realistic, but it's more realistic than PoP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Horizontal wall running is realistic. More realistic than ejecting left or right off a wall you just ran up and getting enough leverage.

I've seen videos of people getting to ridiculous heights with horizontal wall running.