PDA

View Full Version : What peolpe dont understand about this game

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I see a LOT of post about this free roaming and free running and how its open and you never play the same game twice.

Problem is there are 5 cities, 4 open at the start which are only accessible one at a time. i.e an enclosed city wall. The roof is lined wit guards and when u kill them and come back they are magically alive again.

The streets are filled with patrols who pop up again after death... you must leave the area tho.

So its not as free roaming as you would think as to put this much on GFX and also retain the positioning detail would require at least 3 xbox's

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I see a LOT of post about this free roaming and free running and how its open and you never play the same game twice.

Problem is there are 5 cities, 4 open at the start which are only accessible one at a time. i.e an enclosed city wall. The roof is lined wit guards and when u kill them and come back they are magically alive again.

The streets are filled with patrols who pop up again after death... you must leave the area tho.

So its not as free roaming as you would think as to put this much on GFX and also retain the positioning detail would require at least 3 xbox's

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I thought there were 3 cities, i guess you could count the assassin stronghold as a 4th city. What is the 5th city?

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Theres the one u star in and one at then end which u dont goto.

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Cool.

murdercitydan
I doubt they coming back to life, thats not the case. In reality, or real life. They would simply replace a guard.

FrozenFire550
I'll still enjoy it, even if there are 50 guards chasing me across the rooftops everywhere I go :]

But THANK YOU for posting in a mature way, without cursing or anything.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by murdercitydan:
I doubt they coming back to life, thats not the case. In reality, or real life. They would simply replace a guard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No thee not coming back to life they just have the same 5 faces and when you get round the corner they re-appear. They dont just pop up at least. They wait until you out of sight. But you never need to go back cos if you fail it restarts and if you die you reload

murdercitydan
11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crsnwby:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by murdercitydan:
I doubt they coming back to life, thats not the case. In reality, or real life. They would simply replace a guard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No thee not coming back to life they just have the same 5 faces and when you get round the corner they re-appear. They dont just pop up at least. They wait until you out of sight. But you never need to go back cos if you fail it restarts and if you die you reload </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need more posts like this. So non-violent, I actually didn't mind reading it.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crsnwby:

So its not as free roaming as you would think as to put this much on GFX and also retain the positioning detail would require at least 3 xbox's </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does free roaming have to do with the guards popping back...like they do in all games that aren't linear...

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I didnt say free roaming had anything to do with guards re-appearing... so re state your question please as it has no relevance.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:23 PM

No thee not coming back to life they just have the same 5 faces and when you get round the corner they re-appear. They dont just pop up at least. They wait until you out of sight. But you never need to go back cos if you fail it restarts and if you die you reload </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need more posts like this. So non-violent, I actually didn't mind reading it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well why waste space by using here PM me if u think im that great.

chaos_shojiko
11-13-2007, 07:24 PM
gaurds that pop back is good, that just means more killing if your bored

murdercitydan
11-13-2007, 07:34 PM

You need more posts like this. So non-violent, I actually didn't mind reading it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well why waste space by using here PM me if u think im that great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the cocky-ness is back...

NECESARY_EVIL
11-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I didnt say free roaming had anything to do with guards re-appearing... so re state your question please as it has no relevance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh yeah, ya kinda did...

kc7sbp
11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
In defense of the "magically" respawning guards. I can understand that you'd want it to be persistant where you feel like you've changed the environment, but from a logical standpoint if the city officials know there's an assassin running around the countryside, they'd want to refortify their defenses as fast as possible. It might help if you think of it along the lines of the head of the city guard reassigning new guards to those locations.

Pinjani10
11-13-2007, 08:50 PM
True, there were 1000s and 1000s of soldiers in the ME during the crusades they would replenish the guard quite quickly

Hawkalugy
11-13-2007, 08:53 PM
obiously they already thought about wandering around if they have the find the flag achievements........................

emchiez
11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Just be grateful this game isnt like gta where if you get a wanted level all the peds and all the cars turn into police cars magically :P.

Look on the bright side of assassins creed, ubisoft have put alot of effort and brains into this game, be thankful there is a assassins creed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

poonstain
11-13-2007, 09:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">here if you get a wanted level all the peds and all the cars turn into police cars magically :P.

Look on the bright side of assassins creed, ubisoft have put alot of effort and brains into this game, be thankful there is a assassins creed. Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
respawning guards is realistic. its not like they will only have 5 or 6 guards go after a guy who just killed an important figured, especially since they have a whole army.

poonstain
11-13-2007, 09:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poonstain:
[QUOTE]here if you get a wanted level all the peds and all the cars turn into police cars magically :P.

Look on the bright side of assassins creed, ubisoft have put alot of effort and brains into this game, be thankful there is a assassins creed. Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
respawning guards is realistic. its not like they will only have 5 or 6 guards go after a guy who just killed an important figure, especially since they have a whole army.