PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire bolt-on vertical stabiliser

warpo
05-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Is anyone else out there frustrated by the bolt-on look of the Spitfire fin? In most poses, the light is reflected wrongly off the rear fuselage where the fin has been plonked on top of a continuous cylinder creating a convex (rather than concave) shape and a clear demarcation line where the fin meets the fuselage. This looks oh-so wrong and spoils an otherwise beautiful model. The modellers have got it right with most of the other aircraft (e.g Hurricane, FW190) by making the fin integral to the fuselage shape. I just wish this could be corrected in the Spitfire.

Nick Johnson

warpo
05-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Is anyone else out there frustrated by the bolt-on look of the Spitfire fin? In most poses, the light is reflected wrongly off the rear fuselage where the fin has been plonked on top of a continuous cylinder creating a convex (rather than concave) shape and a clear demarcation line where the fin meets the fuselage. This looks oh-so wrong and spoils an otherwise beautiful model. The modellers have got it right with most of the other aircraft (e.g Hurricane, FW190) by making the fin integral to the fuselage shape. I just wish this could be corrected in the Spitfire.

Nick Johnson

Taylortony
05-04-2004, 03:51 PM
I always thought the wing root fairings looked a bit oversize at the rear of the wing compared to the ones i have climbed all over

biggs222
05-04-2004, 05:11 PM
dont anger the gibbage. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/52.gif