PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer score system (i don't understand it)

elRules
10-01-2005, 05:24 AM
When playing online, when i press the S key i see a text that is supposed to be the the Online rating. ...And i don't get it.
I see a line that says:
1. myname 50 (Red) Spitfire Mk...
I'm in the red team and I suppose that 50 means i have shot down 5 planes but then i see another line with my name that says:
12. myname 150 (Blue) Bf-109...
So now i don´t understand anything.
Can anyone explain me what do these lines mean?

elRules
10-01-2005, 05:24 AM
When playing online, when i press the S key i see a text that is supposed to be the the Online rating. ...And i don't get it.
I see a line that says:
I'm in the red team and I suppose that 50 means i have shot down 5 planes but then i see another line with my name that says:
Can anyone explain me what do these lines mean?

Oilburner_TAW
10-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Your score is adjusted depending on whether or not you

land successfully (get full pts)
bail out and live (get a percentage)
do not live (get a percentage)

elRules
10-01-2005, 09:43 AM
But, why my name appears twice? one in red color and another in blue color, with different scorings

Skycat_2
10-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Did you hop back and forth and fly for both red and blue? Have you flown both the 109 and the Spitfire?

I don't completely understand the online scoring system but I think that your total history of online play is taken into account. I've seen guys in DF rooms carrying thousands of points. Perhaps they are able to earn them in the course of one timed dogfight, I don't know ... I just come in to act as 'easy meat' for the pilots who know how to fly and shoot. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tully__
10-01-2005, 07:51 PM
In servers where the security or management is not on the ball it is also possible for someone to copy your name. I think from memory the scripted servers have a setting that prevents this, but in unscripted servers it is necessary for the admin to notice and manaully kick the 2nd occurence (if he or she feels it's necessary).

VW-IceFire
10-01-2005, 09:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elRules:
I see a line that says:
Can anyone explain me what do these lines mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like a glitch.

The number is the points you've earned. Sounds like you've shot down 5 fighters but failed to succesfully bail out or land.

Bailouts sometimes net more points and proper landings nets full points.

OY-THEIS
10-02-2005, 02:26 AM
The point system is (What i have understood it like)
1 kill and succesful landing= 100 points
1 kill and crashlanding or bail out and survive = 50 points
1 kill and crash and be killed = 10 points

and 1 friendly kill is always -300, nomatter you survive or not

Hope that helped

Cheers Theis

elRules
10-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Thank you all.
It's interesting how this forum works, every one helps you ...and very kickly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ruf9ii
10-02-2005, 09:03 PM
yea, thats about right, but not quite complete.

for a successfull landing u get 100%, death gives you 10% and a bail out gives you 50%. sometimes if u crashland it may give u 100 or 50%, depending on where u land i think...

also, the player listing isnt ordered in any way at all, and scores are not cumulative if you leave the server. they only add up for each flight without leaving.

96th_Nightshifter
10-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Another thing to add is that I think you get 100 points per engine on the plane you shoot down, example if you shoot down an HE-111 and land back at base you will receive 200 points. Maybe it just works that if the plane has more than one engine then you receive 200 points - anybody clarify this?

Sturm_Williger
10-03-2005, 06:02 AM
I think if you crashland back at base, you get 70%.

It's definitely 100 per engine - you get 400 for a Condor or TB3.

Actually, once I got 600 for a TB3 - it was carrying 2 I16's and it blew up before they could detach http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Pig_Mac
10-05-2005, 02:46 AM
oh. never thought about the 100 pts an engine, i'll stop flying the p-38 at once http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif no wonder i had so many swarming around me.

is it 100 per engine just to the one that gets the last shot in, or does it award points for killing off engines separatly too? (X shoots 2 engines to pieces, someone else blows the crate up)

Sturm_Williger
10-05-2005, 03:21 AM
AFAIK, 100% of the score for the plane goes to the one who did most of the damage. I've had teammates finish off a plane I've smoked and I still got the "Enemy plane destroyed" when it went in.

You don't get partial or "split" kills or points.

PS : Yes, P38's do attract the point-counters in large numbers ( it doesn't help having a very distinctive shape either ) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

neural_dream
10-05-2005, 03:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sturm_Williger:
I think if you crashland back at base, you get 70%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
base crash landing 100%
Anywhere else 70%

Sturm_Williger
10-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

SlickStick
10-05-2005, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neural_dream:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sturm_Williger:
I think if you crashland back at base, you get 70%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
base crash landing 100%
Anywhere else 70% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just remember to bail after the crash landing away from base. If the bogey or flak that shot you is still active, you can and usually do only get 10% if you don't bail from a field crash-landing.

As for crash-landing at base...just bending the prop, breaking gear and/or breaking a wingtip off usually means you can just slide to a stop and revive and get full value. Again, most is dependant on if the guy who did the damage to you is still alive in his current sortie and how much damage you did on landing, whether you need to bail or not to ensure 70% at least.

Most times landing damaged, but fully intact will result in a "silent" kill for the enemy, if he is still alive in his current sortie. Where he sees "Enemy Aircraft Destroyed" and the points upon your refly, but the server does not see it in the chat messages.