PDA

View Full Version : A question About The Aiming device of zero

bdong
11-12-2004, 10:38 AM
The aiming device is always resting on the left side of the shoot sighting. My question is how to erect it. I have read the reference which says the mouse movement can control the aiming, however when i move the mouse, it just rotates the views.

tora-2
11-12-2004, 11:40 AM
If I understand you correctly you need the shift and F1 to look through the sight.

Jester_159th
11-12-2004, 03:12 PM
If you're referring to the iron sight that was a back up for the reflector sight, you can't use it. And since bulb failures in the reflector sight aren't modeleed you don't need it anyway.

The animation of it folding away to the left is just a little bonus the programmer put in.

You can only use the mouse for aiming when you're in a gunner's position in one of the multi-crewed aircraft.

Waldo.Pepper
11-12-2004, 05:31 PM
I may be dreaming this but I think I have taken a hit in the gunsite in the Zero. When that happens the iron site flips up.

I think I remember this. Anyone else?

vertical453
11-12-2004, 06:09 PM
if a bullet shoots the main reflector sight then the iron sight will come up. Since cockpit damage isnt yet modelled (although it coded) you wont see the sight take damage (i hope this will be fixed in a patch). but since the coding is there, if your reflector sight does take damage (remember you wont see it) then the iron sight pops up. So basically if a bullet hits your sight the iron sights pop up and you will see that infront of your visibly undamaged reflector sight.

confusing concept, i hope you understand.

Tully__
11-12-2004, 09:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bdong:
...however when i move the mouse, it just rotates the views. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mouse aiming is not for the pilot. If you're flying in a bomber and occupy one of the gunner positions the mouse will aim the gun (make sure you have the gunner autopilot switched off or it wont respond).