PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Europe Map....where is it?

flieger701
10-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Greetings all!

First off, thanks to Oleg and Co for making the 4.02 patch available.

Since I haven't seen any posts on this, I guess I'm missing something. I installed the 4.02M patch. I then fired up my copy of IL2+FB+PF merge. I went into the quick mission builder to fly in NW Europe. The map is not listed in the drop down box.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Scott
KJMS

flieger701
10-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Greetings all!

First off, thanks to Oleg and Co for making the 4.02 patch available.

Since I haven't seen any posts on this, I guess I'm missing something. I installed the 4.02M patch. I then fired up my copy of IL2+FB+PF merge. I went into the quick mission builder to fly in NW Europe. The map is not listed in the drop down box.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Scott
KJMS

Kuna15
10-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Go into your FMB (full mission builder) and you will see that specific map on the first place. There are t0n of other nice skins there too (Kurland, Desert, Prokhorovka --my favs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif).

flieger701
10-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the info...and replying so quickly!

I'll check it out in the FMB. Is it then not accessible from the QMB?

Regards,
Scott
KJMS

Chuck_Older
10-21-2005, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flieger701:
Thanks for the info...and replying so quickly!

I'll check it out in the FMB. Is it then not accessible from the QMB?

Regards,
Scott
KJMS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Apparently, the way the sim is coded, all the options you see in the QMB have to be programmed into the sim before you even get the product- the sim doesn't just take your options and interpret them, it already has a scenario coded into the QMB with your choices...and every othee individual choice

So you can see that it's not as simple as just putting a map in a QMB folder on the programmer's side- every situation has to be generated manually by the programmers in the sim. So every time a new plane is added...all those scenarios must be updated and generated. A lot of work

flieger701
10-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the explanation. Makes perfect sense to me. Now I have an excuse to dip my toe into the FMB...haven't messed with it yet ;-)

Regards,
Scott
KJMS