PDA

View Full Version : For UK dedicated regulars.

Whirlin_merlin
03-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Do you ASE, Hyperloby or direct IP?

Alot of UK dedicated players seem to use direct IP, especially on UK2 and 3.

Can I request people use HL instead. The reason is that those who enter by direct IP don't show up in HL, this results in the severs appearing emptier than they really are. e.g the other day UK2 showed 6 in HL but had over 20 on in reality.

So what I here you cry, well there is a kind of casscade effect, once HL hits a certain number the server fills up. Many only join if they think the server is fairly full (although it maybe and not look it) also new players are drawn to the busier appearing servers.

TY

[BFs]Whirlin.

Whirlin_merlin
03-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Do you ASE, Hyperloby or direct IP?

Alot of UK dedicated players seem to use direct IP, especially on UK2 and 3.

Can I request people use HL instead. The reason is that those who enter by direct IP don't show up in HL, this results in the severs appearing emptier than they really are. e.g the other day UK2 showed 6 in HL but had over 20 on in reality.

So what I here you cry, well there is a kind of casscade effect, once HL hits a certain number the server fills up. Many only join if they think the server is fairly full (although it maybe and not look it) also new players are drawn to the busier appearing servers.

TY

[BFs]Whirlin.

Billy_BigBoy
03-10-2008, 09:35 AM
I am aware of that problem, but still I use hyperlobby. Sometimes I check the UK dedacated site first.