PDA

View Full Version : Better Motivation for Full Sync

SAVMATIC
01-01-2011, 03:04 PM
It seems to me that most people overall werent too thrilled with the Full Sync/Perfect Assassin feature in ACB. Calling it "Perfect Assassin" seems like a bad move because one of AC's most defining features is the variety of different ways you can pull off an assassination(or any other gameplay feature), so it seems wrong to call one way "perfect".
So they say that Full Sync is what Ezio would have done specifically. Ok, this is the animus after all, so thats where the synchronization factors in, but should they really let that choke the options in gameplay?
So wheres the real motivation for doing full sync? Well, I suppose the Christina missions were basically our reward for enduring the sometimes very tedious(NOT good for gameplay)Full Sync requirements, but I have a better idea...
If Full Sync is supposed to be exactly what Ezio did, then what if the reward for completing the full sync was a short movie/cutscene where you watch Ezio really do the whole thing full speed how he did it. Basically a clip of what it really looked like when Ezio did it. Ubi has proven themselves very good at making videos for AC so I think they could be VERY cool.
Given, some other tweaks would probably have to happen along with it to make it all work, but im curious whether people think this would be a cool feature or not.

SAVMATIC
01-01-2011, 03:04 PM
It seems to me that most people overall werent too thrilled with the Full Sync/Perfect Assassin feature in ACB. Calling it "Perfect Assassin" seems like a bad move because one of AC's most defining features is the variety of different ways you can pull off an assassination(or any other gameplay feature), so it seems wrong to call one way "perfect".
So they say that Full Sync is what Ezio would have done specifically. Ok, this is the animus after all, so thats where the synchronization factors in, but should they really let that choke the options in gameplay?
So wheres the real motivation for doing full sync? Well, I suppose the Christina missions were basically our reward for enduring the sometimes very tedious(NOT good for gameplay)Full Sync requirements, but I have a better idea...
If Full Sync is supposed to be exactly what Ezio did, then what if the reward for completing the full sync was a short movie/cutscene where you watch Ezio really do the whole thing full speed how he did it. Basically a clip of what it really looked like when Ezio did it. Ubi has proven themselves very good at making videos for AC so I think they could be VERY cool.
Given, some other tweaks would probably have to happen along with it to make it all work, but im curious whether people think this would be a cool feature or not.

Silhouelle
01-01-2011, 03:09 PM
If it were a really edited thing like the trailers they release I think it would be really nice but only for the end of a quest chain, like taking out one of the 'boss' targets. Otherwise not only would it take forever to make all the videos but it would get tedious imo.

Alternatively there could just be montages of certain quest chains. Like seeing a montage from AC2 with the Christina memories and so. Would be quite neat imo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Will never happen though... thats what fan vids/tributes are for lol. ^^

SAVMATIC
01-01-2011, 03:19 PM
They could do it without it being overkill though, thats why I said other modifications would have to be made. Full Sync situations could be far fewer, or far shorter...or simply not every Full Sync unlocks a cinematic, only some. And of course the video should be optional, not forcing you to watch what you just played if you dont want to, but would be accessible in the menu.
And yes, I mean trailer-quality cinematics. Some will say how it takes time/people/money etc to make the videos but who cares? Its 2011. This is the very successful AC franchise. Just do it.

Black_Widow9
01-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Please make sure you also post your Feedback here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)

Alexbart1991
01-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I think full sync should only be for main quests. Side quests should be completely open and allow you to do them however you want.

It's the main quests that should have the little extra challenge added.

slaro
01-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Im agreeing with the OP. Besides that it doesn't gives you a good indication where in the game you are, some people want to get as strong as possible before ending the game, you can plan this within the story line. But by accident, you dont calculate right or dont know anymore where exactly you are because for example you haven't played the game in a week (I know that doesnt seem likely but it is a theoretical possibility http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif :P :P) and you end the game without being as strong as you want. The drive to do this, to become that strong, is less strong when you have ended the story indeed.