PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

Rapier-4
05-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Hi all, so far I've enjoyed Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, great game, good story, excellent mechanics. Pretty easy since I've already played the recent titles. Great work by the way, Ubisoft!

My one gripe is that multiplayer takes so freakin' long! I mean, sure, I get lucky at times to join a session, but most of the time, it always says 1/6 agents.My hunch is that most players are busy playing with each other, and on other game modes.

Is there any way to speed up the session-joining process? Short of sending friend requests to everyone you meet so that you just choose "Join friends" option.

Rapier-4
05-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Hi all, so far I've enjoyed Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, great game, good story, excellent mechanics. Pretty easy since I've already played the recent titles. Great work by the way, Ubisoft!

My one gripe is that multiplayer takes so freakin' long! I mean, sure, I get lucky at times to join a session, but most of the time, it always says 1/6 agents.My hunch is that most players are busy playing with each other, and on other game modes.

Is there any way to speed up the session-joining process? Short of sending friend requests to everyone you meet so that you just choose "Join friends" option.

Kafros123
05-12-2011, 05:38 AM
Try following the instructions given in this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/9691085619) thread.
If you need help go to portforward.com, find your router and check their detailed guide on how to portforward.
If it still doesn't work try enabling upnp and adding the ports to your router manually through network connections on the control panel.

Saikotek
05-12-2011, 07:40 AM
You can try to open port 7917 through Windows, by following this steps:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1- Use the search function to open the command box called cmd
2- In the command box write ipconfig
3- Search for your ipv4 adress
4- Open the Network folder(if it isn't in your desktop go to your computer and look at the left bar it should be in the button(windows vista/7)
4- There should be a icon with your router's name, right click it and select properties
5- In the general tab click in the settings button
6- Click in the Add button and do this:
6.1- Chose a name for the service
6.2- Write your ipv4 adress
6.3- Write 7917 in both ports
6.4- Repeat the 3 previous steps but change the port type to UDP
7- It should be finished but check if the ports are there after you restart the router or the pc since for most of the cases i have seen it they are gone after that.

PS: Don't make the mistake of writing the ipv6 or the gateway's adress </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That worked perfectly for me.

Rapier-4
05-13-2011, 02:59 AM
Alrighty then, I've already done those exactly. I'll go by the steps:

1. Went to cmd.exe and got the ipconfig
2. Network - LIGD - Properties - Settings - add.
3. Added 'ACBMP' name with ipv4 and 7817 on both fields for both TCP and UDP.
4. Ok - ok - close
5. Opened ACB MP and I still always got 1/6 agents, sometimes 2-3/6, but rarely a full hand.

Ok, I was able to join a session back then, for at least 20min, two rounds of wanted. Quite fun. But It's really annoying how it takes so long to get into just 1 session. I added lots of people, tried joining them, but then "game session unreachable". Why??!

Oh yeah, I let ACB send info and get info through the firewall, and I wonder if that helped. ANyway, anymore solutions? or do I really have to wait an hour to join a session? and even 1 hour is not guaranteed...

Saikotek
05-13-2011, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rapier-4:
Alrighty then, I've already done those exactly. I'll go by the steps:

1. Went to cmd.exe and got the ipconfig
2. Network - LIGD - Properties - Settings - add.
3. Added 'ACBMP' name with ipv4 and 7817 on both fields for both TCP and UDP.
4. Ok - ok - close
5. Opened ACB MP and I still always got 1/6 agents, sometimes 2-3/6, but rarely a full hand.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I've noticed that you wrote in here port 7817, but the right one is 7917. It was just a mistake when you wrote it here, or did you opened the wrong port?

If you've done it well and still didn't work, I can also suggest you to try to open port 7917 at portforward.com (http://portforward.com/), by following this steps:

1- Select your router model on the list.
2- Click on "Click here to skip this advertisement" on the top of the page.
3- Click on "Default Guide".

After this you only have to follow the steps on the "Default Guide" to open port 7917 properly. Don't forget to enable UPnP.

Waiting 1 hour for a match is certainly not right. That happened to me at the beginning too, but then I've tried to open ports all the ways and now in a matter of seconds I'm playing.

After you do that at portforward and if it still doesn't work, then unfortunately I don't know how to help you more. There are lots of people that have done all of this without success, depending on router models and ISP's.

Hope you can solve your problem. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rapier-4
05-18-2011, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the help man!

So far I got here:

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu38/Soviet_Faction/ACBMP.jpg

I put in the private IP, bu didn't display it for security reasons...

Anyway, when I hit apply, it says "not enough space to add new rule", and I don't know exactly which of the rules I should delete below...

New Edit: Ok, I successfully put in the proper ports, but still no joy on my side. Well, I'll just mention that I'm using a wi-fi USB-thingy "Linksys' it says, from Cisco...so I forgot to ask: Is port forwarding to your router possible with wi-fi??

Machiavelli331
05-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I have a question as well if you don't mind !

How do you unlock the "Hellequin" ( Male clown )

spectatorx
05-19-2011, 02:41 PM
In uplay you can "buy" her, she "costs" 10 or 20 points which you can gain by passing specific challenges in single player game.

Machiavelli331
05-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I already bought her it costed me actually 40 Uplay points. I'm talking about the male clown I couldn't find him even in uplay reward market... I don't know how to unlock "him" if you can help !?

Thanks !

JohnnyK77
05-21-2011, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Makaveli331:
I'm talking about the male clown I couldn't find him even in uplay reward market... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Harlequin is a preorder bonus and cannot be bought:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Harlequin

Machiavelli331
05-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Thank you for the information JohnnyK77 !

I can't unlock him even when playing the story mode as well ?! The only way to get hold of him is going online to preorder ?