PDA

View Full Version : altair and the golden fleece (spoilers?)

dorido
01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
i just noticed something cool after playing assassins creed a second time (awesome game). I believe that altair learned how to make the same metal that pieces of eden are made of which he used to make armor.

I made the connection after the term golden fleece was refrenced in the making of the armor and that the fabled golden fleece was actually an inlaid piece of eden onto a red shroud (the shroud POE 66) from one of the glyphs.

Altair mentions that both the armor and the piece of eden he had were indestructible (based on the codex and psp bloodlines respectively) so suffice it to say it might be made of the same material.

Now to finish the random rant (lol). Could Altair have had the knowledge to make a piece of eden of his own (the armor being a sort of prototype) and could it appear in ac3 for desmond to find? Thoughts?

dorido
01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
i just noticed something cool after playing assassins creed a second time (awesome game). I believe that altair learned how to make the same metal that pieces of eden are made of which he used to make armor.

I made the connection after the term golden fleece was refrenced in the making of the armor and that the fabled golden fleece was actually an inlaid piece of eden onto a red shroud (the shroud POE 66) from one of the glyphs.

Altair mentions that both the armor and the piece of eden he had were indestructible (based on the codex and psp bloodlines respectively) so suffice it to say it might be made of the same material.

Now to finish the random rant (lol). Could Altair have had the knowledge to make a piece of eden of his own (the armor being a sort of prototype) and could it appear in ac3 for desmond to find? Thoughts?

TwinIltani
01-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Hmm. The golden fleece reference caught my eye as well. It could be that Altair came in possession of the very same technology that Those Who Came Before developed.

If a new PoE or the armor itself are left for Desmond to find, with all those artifacts being referenced in the game, it would be pretty cool to do some free running around the Smithsonian... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

phil.llllll
01-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Interesting. Never connected the two myself. Don't know why; it's quite obvious now that you mention it.

Matt_156
01-12-2010, 08:53 AM
i was under the impression that the armor Altair refers to in the glyph is the same Armor of Altair that you unlock from Ezio's basement

itsamea-mario
01-12-2010, 08:54 AM
AHA that desmond with the invincible material could be a solution to this gun problem everyone is having, well with regards to a bit of reality.

caswallawn_2k7
01-12-2010, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
AHA that desmond with the invincible material could be a solution to this gun problem everyone is having, well with regards to a bit of reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
if the material is truly indestructible, how did he separate it to make the different plates and how did he form it into the shapes he wanted? if the material was indestructible they would have to use the metal in the form it was found.

also as for it solving the guns problem do you really think a trained marksman would aim for a armour plate when they can aim for his head for a kill shot or just aim got one of the many gaps, short of turning Desmond into iron man you never going to get round guns = dead/injured.

even if your wearing a bullet proof jacket it apparently still hurts a lot as bullets have a lot of force behind them and when it stops by hitting a surface it transplants all that force into the bigger object, the only reason it saves your life is because that force is spread across a larger area so it should allow more of your body to take the force, but either way you not going to still be running and jumping after you have been shot, bullet proof jacket or not.

SONIC_BSB
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt_156:
i was under the impression that the armor Altair refers to in the glyph is the same Armor of Altair that you unlock from Ezio's basement </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree, because when u start use it, u dont need to repair anymore ur armor!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Jahchurch
01-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah, guns in an assassin game is gonna be a pain, bad enough they have archers shooting at you...but now guns.....you either have to be really really sneaky, or die...