PDA

View Full Version : 1 month to go

timpbader
10-15-2011, 04:20 AM
We've seen alot less video so far compared to what we saw at this point last year. What are going to be the last month goodies? Maybe some revealing dev diaries?

timpbader
10-15-2011, 04:20 AM
We've seen alot less video so far compared to what we saw at this point last year. What are going to be the last month goodies? Maybe some revealing dev diaries?

Chronomancy
10-15-2011, 04:43 AM
I hope they don't release anymore videos as before ACBs release I watched every video that was released and I must say a lot of the OMG moments weren't really the same as I basically had watched them a few months before.

I hope the vids that Esco released to the public are the last to come.

timpbader
10-15-2011, 04:45 AM
I agree that way too much of Brotherhood was spoiled, but I thought the Dev Diaries for AC2 were handled quite nicely.

superbalex
10-15-2011, 08:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:

I hope the vids that Esco released to the public are the last to come. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where are these??

reini03
10-15-2011, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by superbalex:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:

I hope the vids that Esco released to the public are the last to come. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where are these?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gbiese

CRUDFACE
10-15-2011, 08:30 AM
I hope they don't release anymore videos as before ACBs release I watched every video that was released and I must say a lot of the OMG moments weren't really the same as I basically had watched them a few months before.

what don't we know by now? Lol, I know who Ezio will fall in love with because of Embers, I know about the assassins, meeting Suleiman...

I know allot of the beginning OMG! moments. I think I was a little mad when Falko was like "it'll be as long as our previous game, brotherhood" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

But yeah, just 1 month...

rileypoole1234
10-15-2011, 08:32 AM
You guys are lucky. Those of us in the UK get the game after you. I really hope nobody spoils it for me or anyone for that matter. I'm sure it'll be a great game. I wish they would release some more behind the scenes thing like the one where Roger Craig Smith said "There are changes happening to my body" That made me lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I like to know that they're having fun.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Err..

You guys do know that Brotherhood still provided a lot of gameplay, regardless of the length of it's main mission?

And how do you know that he just didn't mean that in terms of sequences? Revelations only has 9 sequences, and Brotherhood only had 9 sequences.

Not to mention there's a possibility that there will be DLC for Revelations.

AnthonyA85
10-15-2011, 09:03 AM
And lets not forget, AC1 had only 7 sequences, so that was the shortest game of them all.

I think because AC2 was 14 sequences, people now expect all AC games to be that long, but they don't need to be.

I personally am fine with 9 or 10 sequences, there's actually 14 if you count the Desmond sequences, 19 if you include the Altair ones as well.

I just hope the main story targets won't be as lame as ACB's were, I'd rather have them be like AC1 or 2, though AC1's targets were better IMO.

CRUDFACE
10-15-2011, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Err..

You guys do know that Brotherhood still provided a lot of gameplay, regardless of the length of it's main mission?

And how do you know that he just didn't mean that in terms of sequences? Revelations only has 9 sequences, and Brotherhood only had 9 sequences.

Not to mention there's a possibility that there will be DLC for Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lots of gameplay is different from person to person. I think allot of people thinking AcB was so short was because the main thing on AC:B, the brotherhood aspect isn't introduced until the 4th sequence.

@Anthony: AC1 was more repetitive, lol, it felt longer. I hope we get more than three targets and better ones as you said, like AC1. I know we get the MP characters as Assassination targets for our recruits though...but we don't know how shallow those are yet.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 09:14 AM
I liked AC2 the most in over-all Assassinations.

My favorite one in AC1 though was Sibrand in Acre, because I love hopping across the poles and stealth-killing him.

Altair661
10-15-2011, 09:18 AM
I just hope Revelations has a great beginning, everytime I would go through AC1 or 2 I would dread going through say the first hour or so. I could care less on my 3rd playthrough to carry my mom's crates around the city. However Brotherhood wasn't that bad. But after playing AC1 eight times...you get really tired of the boring beginning. So hopefullly in ACR, your killing someone and off to start relatively fast. It's the fourth entry, pull an Arkham City and give you at least most of youe equipment at the beginning and gain more as go (such as bombs and hookblade). Anyone agree?

CRUDFACE
10-15-2011, 10:01 AM
@Jexx: i liked Sibrand, and that mission was cool, one of the ones I did without ever getting caught. and I liked his reason for being afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
I just hope Revelations has a great beginning, everytime I would go through AC1 or 2 I would dread going through say the first hour or so. I could care less on my 3rd playthrough to carry my mom's crates around the city. However Brotherhood wasn't that bad. But after playing AC1 eight times...you get really tired of the boring beginning. So hopefullly in ACR, your killing someone and off to start relatively fast. It's the fourth entry, pull an Arkham City and give you at least most of youe equipment at the beginning and gain more as go (such as bombs and hookblade). Anyone agree? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, ACB tutorial section was a little...*shrug* boring to me.

I think ACR has the masyaf mission with Leandros acting as the introducing element of the usual gameplay controls, like just free running and killing in general, but the mission looks cool.

Then you get a cool tutorial segment with yusuf on the hookblade and bombs and stuff with him later on I think.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 10:03 AM
The ACB tutuorial wasn't a long or needless as the AC1 and AC2 tutorials. Thus it was less boring.

Animuses
10-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Only AC had a tutorial really.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I liked the tutorials that were part of the narrative.

Much more interesting.

Animuses
10-15-2011, 12:42 PM
I liked the tutorial in AC, not because it was interesting, but because the fact that it's Desmond's tutorial as well as your's. Flat out tutorials for AC2 and ACB would be unnecessary and wouldn't go well with the game's beginning.

AntiChrist7
10-15-2011, 12:50 PM
well its gonna be a bit longer than a month for me (pc-player), it will be hard not to watch the game on youtube like i did with brotherhood. but if the delay stays two weeks its manageable

Animuses
10-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Just keep yourself occupied with other games, it's what I'm doing until ACR comes out.

I just bought Bioshock and I'm playing that, I'll be getting Arkham City on Tuesday, and I pre-ordered inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood on PSN. I'm set. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Mmmhmmm.

The VR room has to be my favorite of any kind of tutorial, though. The free-running ones, at least.

Animuses
10-15-2011, 12:57 PM
@Calvarok
Blah, I didn't like those, they were annoying. My favorite were the stealth assassinations.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 01:00 PM
those were ok, but I would have preferred having one target and a crowd.

kriegerdesgottes
10-15-2011, 01:05 PM
yay one month to go! One thing I hope Revelations doesn't copy from Brotherhood is how 2 or 3 memories aren't gameplay at all but just cutscenes. That just screamed rushed to me. In the meantime though I'll have Batman Arkham City to keep me busy for a while.

Animuses
10-15-2011, 01:12 PM
It's getting critical acclaim, hopefully it lives up to it.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
yay one month to go! One thing I hope Revelations doesn't copy from Brotherhood is how 2 or 3 sequences aren't gameplay at all but just cutscenes. That just screamed rushed to me. In the meantime though I'll have Batman Arkham City to keep me busy for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No sequences were just cutscenes. Some memories were, though.

And really, I think they just went overboard with all of the side content in Brotherhood. Most of the stuff that was formerly side content, like tombs/lairs are now a part of the main story.

rileypoole1234
10-15-2011, 01:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
yay one month to go! One thing I hope Revelations doesn't copy from Brotherhood is how 2 or 3 sequences aren't gameplay at all but just cutscenes. That just screamed rushed to me. In the meantime though I'll have Batman Arkham City to keep me busy for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Also yes Arkham City should tide me over. My wallet's taking a right beating this Holiday season.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 01:44 PM
The Lairs of Romulus were side missions in ACB...

xx-pyro
10-15-2011, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
The Lairs of Romulus were side missions in ACB... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, although they were 'optional' you did need to do them to understand the story. The code sheet was required to decrypt the letters, and give Ezio the idea of hiding the apple in Juno's Temple.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Well, they are still optional side missions.

kriegerdesgottes
10-15-2011, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
No sequences were just cutscenes. Some memories were, though.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I meant.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Not really, although they were 'optional' you did need to do them to understand the story. The code sheet was required to decrypt the letters, and give Ezio the idea of hiding the apple in Juno's Temple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, the apple showed him that he needed to take it to Juno's temple. The Lairs were about exposing the scandal of the church.

Moultonborough
10-15-2011, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Not really, although they were 'optional' you did need to do them to understand the story. The code sheet was required to decrypt the letters, and give Ezio the idea of hiding the apple in Juno's Temple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, the apple showed him that he needed to take it to Juno's temple. The Lairs were about exposing the scandal of the church. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but, if your read the scrolls at all they showed the vault. One showed the door, another showed the power things, another showed the little stand that Ezio placed the Apple on. Another talked about the password to open the door and someone trying to find the password. And also the shape of the floor that Desmond, Lucy, Rebecca and Shaun stood on and lowered them to the Temple. And decoded the letter talking about how they should attack the Assassins. So even though they were side missions they were quite important.

Azugo
10-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Less than a month to go for us Aussie's (and New Zealanders). It still comes out on the 15th here, but because we're almost a day ahead of most of the world, y'know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Moultonborough
10-15-2011, 10:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
Less than a month to go for us Aussie's (and New Zealanders). It still comes out on the 15th here, but because we're almost a day ahead of most of the world, y'know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost, but noy quite. Besides your not the only country. Though I live in the US so somewhere around 13 or 14 hours difference. So, you could beat it before I get it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Azugo
10-15-2011, 11:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
Less than a month to go for us Aussie's (and New Zealanders). It still comes out on the 15th here, but because we're almost a day ahead of most of the world, y'know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost, but noy quite. Besides your not the only country. Though I live in the US so somewhere around 13 or 14 hours difference. So, you could beat it before I get it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I could. But I usually take a few days to beat just the main story, then I do all the extra stuff.