PDA

View Full Version : Bullet ricochets

Choctaw111
01-19-2005, 06:22 PM
As if most of you have noticed the only thing that comes under my scrutiny is the realism of the guns and cannon and their effect on what they hit. Others worry about flight models and all and that is fine but not my specialty. I would like to see some ricochets. The only things I have seen ricochets off of are the Il2's when you hit the fuselage. Bullets bounce off of anything you hit including water, dirt and buildings etc.. When you strafe a target on land or in the water some of the bullets will bounce off. The lower the angle that you are attacking from the more bullets that will ricochet. PLEASE put this in the next patch. I had mentioned this quite a while back and I thought that I would say something again. Have any of you seen some of the gun can footage of ground attack or even a target in the water. You would had to have seen some of the bullet bouncing off and into the air. I have noticed in the 3.04 patch that it seems when you hit the ground or the water with your guns it looks like the wind is blowing the dust and water splashes. I did this a couple of times just hitting the ground and the water too see if I just wasn't seeing things. I have not tried hitting building yet but if this really was included in the patch it is such a great effect seeing the impact of your bullets and watching the wind blow the dust away from the impact. If I am just imagining things than this should be considered in a future patch. Just a quick note about the afformentioned water splashes. They need to have a spray around them and not just a splash for added realism and effect. Let me know what you think.

Choctaw111
01-19-2005, 06:22 PM
As if most of you have noticed the only thing that comes under my scrutiny is the realism of the guns and cannon and their effect on what they hit. Others worry about flight models and all and that is fine but not my specialty. I would like to see some ricochets. The only things I have seen ricochets off of are the Il2's when you hit the fuselage. Bullets bounce off of anything you hit including water, dirt and buildings etc.. When you strafe a target on land or in the water some of the bullets will bounce off. The lower the angle that you are attacking from the more bullets that will ricochet. PLEASE put this in the next patch. I had mentioned this quite a while back and I thought that I would say something again. Have any of you seen some of the gun can footage of ground attack or even a target in the water. You would had to have seen some of the bullet bouncing off and into the air. I have noticed in the 3.04 patch that it seems when you hit the ground or the water with your guns it looks like the wind is blowing the dust and water splashes. I did this a couple of times just hitting the ground and the water too see if I just wasn't seeing things. I have not tried hitting building yet but if this really was included in the patch it is such a great effect seeing the impact of your bullets and watching the wind blow the dust away from the impact. If I am just imagining things than this should be considered in a future patch. Just a quick note about the afformentioned water splashes. They need to have a spray around them and not just a splash for added realism and effect. Let me know what you think.