PDA

View Full Version : Ragdoll ?

Danne1111
09-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Is there going to be any Ragdoll in Assassin's Creed ? Cause it is in almost any new game and this looks awesome, haven't heard anything about it though.

Best regards.

Danne1111
09-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Is there going to be any Ragdoll in Assassin's Creed ? Cause it is in almost any new game and this looks awesome, haven't heard anything about it though.

Best regards.

deskpe
09-09-2007, 01:29 PM
i dont think ac really needs it, and i think i've seen altair walk through a guy so i dont think thye have it

Danne1111
09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Ragdoll or not, I'm so buying this game!

lpcrispo
09-10-2007, 06:39 AM
yes there is.. we've seen it when Alta´r is pushing some guard into things...

CabooseWinters
09-10-2007, 09:13 AM
I've seen it too!
Ofcource its needed! I'm not to worried coz in a couple of films i've seen him fighting and when trowning guards and people u can clearly see they've put the ragdoll in this game!
Can't wait 'till it comes to the shelves!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Don't know if im gonna buy it to my xbox360 or PC....what do u think is the best, i've had some troubles with my PC, and i can always trust my xbox360. Well, i'll see later.

Cya....

bump2007
09-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Why ragdoll? That's old technology.

Lizard000
09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I don't think they will spend money on euphoria on this one! I don't think it's needed here... normal ragdolls are sufficiant.

lpcrispo
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
well, Euphoria is a mix between Ragdoll, animation blending and behavior...

and it looks like AC is using ragdoll and animation blending... so.. it's close enough for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A.B.O.Y
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Ragdoll?

Mulle_DK13
09-11-2007, 12:05 PM
And euphoria is ragdolls! Just advanced ragdolls!

bump2007
09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
No.. It isn't. Have you done your research?

Lizard000
09-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Kinda why I said "normal ragdolls", but ah well... yes btw lpcrispo now you say it, it does look like they're using animation blending http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
So it's kinda Euphori'ish (can i say that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif)

Mulle_DK13
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bump2007:
No.. It isn't. Have you done your research? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but apparently you haven't!! In fact, Euphoria is more ragdoll than any other thing!!! It's ragdoll all the time! Controlled ragdolls yes! But still ragdolls!

bump2007
09-11-2007, 05:40 PM
When you can program C then you come back to me all you can tell me ALLLLL about ragdoll compared to euphoria, ok? Until then don't act like you know it all.

lpcrispo
09-13-2007, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bump2007:
When you can program C then you come back to me all you can tell me ALLLLL about ragdoll compared to euphoria, ok? Until then don't act like you know it all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WTF ??
programming in C doesnt have anything to do with knowing what ragdoll is...

and btw, yes, I know how to program in C, C++, Java, Oracle, VB, ASP, HTML...

Ragdoll is just a "term" to identify the way a "corpse" is using realistic physic to move without any set animation. The corpse being like a "ragdoll( yes... the real DOLL...)....
Euphoria uses ragdoll, with animation blending. Everything in Euphoria is "physic based" so...

When you know how to speak french, spanich and mandarin then you can come back to this thread! ahhaha

XBfreak_101
09-13-2007, 02:15 PM
bump sit your fat a$$ back down, you just got served.

MrMoo333
09-13-2007, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goose1994:
Ragdoll? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever played Oblivion? If so, you know how after thety die their body is limp and can slide, fall, pulled, all that great stuff? unlike lets say... James bond, you kill them and they will rotate between like a set three ways to fall over, knees, hands then topple over, knocked onto their backs, or grab their chest and fall down, then they are set like that, and then they fade away, then they spawn and you do it over again, oblivion uses Ragdoll, not Mr. Bond, James Bond a.k.a. 007

AldirTheKnight
09-14-2007, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpcrispo:
When you can program C then you come back to me all you can tell me ALLLLL about ragdoll compared to euphoria, ok? Until then don't act like you know it all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WTF ??
programming in C doesnt have anything to do with knowing what ragdoll is...

and btw, yes, I know how to program in C, C++, Java, Oracle, VB, ASP, HTML...

Ragdoll is just a "term" to identify the way a "corpse" is using realistic physic to move without any set animation. The corpse being like a "ragdoll( yes... the real DOLL...)....
Euphoria uses ragdoll, with animation blending. Everything in Euphoria is "physic based" so...

When you know how to speak french, spanich and mandarin then you can come back to this thread! ahhaha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yo hablo espanol...

T_Spoon_UK
09-14-2007, 06:52 AM
I think death animations are canned.

probably a mixture though.

lpcrispo
09-14-2007, 07:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_Spoon_UK:
I think death animations are canned.

probably a mixture though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
from what I saw... it looks like there is a mix. Death animation that transition into ragdoll...

peterplayfull
09-10-2011, 05:15 AM
i dont think ac really needs it, and i think i've seen altair walk through a guy so i dont think thye have it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Moultonborough
09-10-2011, 09:56 PM
All three have it. All you have to do is think back to killing guards on a roof. They slide and end up in a hep after falling. Especially, when you pick up the body and throw it off just watch it bounce once it hits the ground.