PDA

View Full Version : IL-10

hening_880Sqn
01-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Don't know if anyone has already said this, but IL-10......Wow!!

Powerful, lethal, nice weapon mix. Was up over 600KPH before I knew what was happening. Killed two FW-190s on a jabo mission. Best of both worlds.

Same heavy armor for protection, but this bird can fly. "IL2 Over Manchuria" career is the most fun I've had off-line.

hening_880Sqn
01-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Don't know if anyone has already said this, but IL-10......Wow!!

Powerful, lethal, nice weapon mix. Was up over 600KPH before I knew what was happening. Killed two FW-190s on a jabo mission. Best of both worlds.

Same heavy armor for protection, but this bird can fly. "IL2 Over Manchuria" career is the most fun I've had off-line.

VW-IceFire
01-18-2007, 06:48 PM
I hear you. The IL-10 is a great plane to fly...its not overly responsive like a real fighter but its straight line speed, relative firepower, extreme durability for its size, and decent enough maneuverability make for a fantastic package.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/icefire-tempestv.jpg
Find my missions at Flying Legends (http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/downloads.php?cat_id=19) and Mission4Today.com (http://www.mission4today.com).

msalama
01-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Yep, a Sturmovik on steroids! As a mudmover I just SO dig that bad boy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hippies FTW!

leitmotiv
01-18-2007, 11:23 PM
All I dislike are those battleship-size rivets on the wings! How did that glitch happen?!

x6BL_Brando
01-19-2007, 03:32 AM
the AI pilots definitely agree with you on the lethality http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I was playing in full mission builder on the Murmansk map with 4 Arados and 4 Me-262s attacking an airfield. The Russian response was to scramble their jet fighters from another field near the city. Standard stuff, but I hadn't reckoned on the flight of 3 IL-10s that I'd set to be landing at the target airfield after an anti-submarine patrol. Although set at Average and only carrying 25% fuel, the trio set about the German bombers with abandon and downed three and damaged a fourth - then they went for the 262s! By the time the Russki fighters arrived it was all over bar the shouting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I had to set them up with no ammo to get the mission to work. Use with care when mission-building.

B.

Dogfighter1969
01-19-2007, 04:16 AM
I am still waiting for my 1946 DVD. Here in my part of the world we are only getting it early February.
You guys that already have it, are the offline campaigns well populated with aircraft? I used to play Forgotten Battles and liked it a lot. Then got Pacific Fighters but something feels flat for me in PF. I don't know whether it is because there are less aircraft in the air or whether it is something else. The battles that I flew in up till now just don't feel as complete as in FB. Also had problems at the start with frame rates, etc. That is luckily sorted out now.
What is 1946 like? Or does it only come to it's own right if you play online, or use the mission builder?

hening_880Sqn
01-19-2007, 07:17 AM
The "Sturmovik's Over Manchuria" career starts outside of Berlin. It is a target rich environment with the Germans being compressed back to their capitol. They have everything that can shoot fly or roll in action. It's IL-10 heaven. One mission has JU-87s trying to scramble. The IL-10 is the best Stuka killer I've found.

The skins for the PE2 and IL-10 are well done and there is a real variety. There is also an interesting career for a PE2 naval squadron with plenty of targets. I had a hard time hitting targets with the PE2, while the IL-10 is a natural.

Combat flaps on the IL-10 actually make a big difference, which is useful. This bird comes in hotter than she feels.

Dogfighter1969
01-19-2007, 07:37 AM
That sounds good. I will definitely buy it. Sounds like you focus on flying the Russian planes.
I used to focus flying German planes in FB. Hope they have something just as spicy as the Il-10 on the German side.

dbillo
01-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I thought the cockpit visibility in the IL-10 quite poor as compared to IL-2, especially looking to the sides. I had to toggle gunsight to see much of anything to the sides. I presume that's armour plating there where I would like to se a window?

hening_880Sqn
01-19-2007, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dogfighter1969:
That sounds good. I will definitely buy it. Sounds like you focus on flying the Russian planes.
I used to focus flying German planes in FB. Hope they have something just as spicy as the Il-10 on the German side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When IL2 first was released there was mostly Soviet and German aicraft that were flyable (a few exceptions). I tried the IL2 as a novice and it felt like a flying RV. With later releases, I wound up in a British on-line squadron and really have more experience in RAF and FAA rides. I decided to get back to my IL2 roots offline and back into Russian cockpits. It seemed funny flying "IL2" and not getting to know that aircraft better. With this new release, there are a few aircraft that have been remodeled that are also more enjoyable to fly like the IAR and C.202, 205 series.

SaQSoN
01-19-2007, 08:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dogfighter1969:
I used to focus flying German planes in FB. Hope they have something just as spicy as the Il-10 on the German side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "IL-2 46" DVD comes with 9 scripted (aka static) stock campaigns:

"Pe-2. Front Lines" USSR side, dive bomber campaign

"Pe-2. Navy Bomber" USSR side, dive bomber campaign

"Blinding Sun" - USSR side fighter campaign

"Burning Ridge" - USSR side sturmovik campaign

"Sturmoviks over Manchuria" - USSR side, IL-10 campaign

"Shining Glory" - IJN defence of metropoly campaign

"VVS-46" - USSR what-if jet fighter campaign

"Rebel" - Luftwaffe what-if Ar-234 campaign

"Burning trace" - Luftwaffe what-if jet-fighter campaign.

Plus all the usual set of DGEN campaigns for the Eastern front and Pacific.

There are also few single missions, featuring some new planes, which, for various reasons, weren't used in the stock static campaigns.

Besides this, there are also included 3 static campaigns from the original 2001 release of the "IL-2 Sturmovik":

Fighter VVS
Fighter Luftwaffe
Sturmovik VVS<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Best regards,

SaQSoN (Vladimir Kochmarsky)