PDA

View Full Version : The Aliies have stealth TFs

VONHARRIS
02-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Yesterday I decided to do something not ordinary. I am in command of a IXB and I decided to attack ships outside Loch Ewe. (Not a good thought possible insane). Any way ,I am at periscope depth when I get multiple sound contacts of a TF. Indeed I raise my scope and I see a column: a KGV a Nelson and 8 DDs doing 21Kts bearing 90 range 1500m

Down scope , turn and then.....
No sound contacts , no visual contacts when I raised the scope. The TF vanished in thin air, weather conditions were good and NO fog! The date is 16 February 1940. The Philadelphia experiment hasn't taken place yet.
Where the **** did they go?
I play stock patched to 1.4 with some visual mods and SH3 commander.

VONHARRIS
02-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Yesterday I decided to do something not ordinary. I am in command of a IXB and I decided to attack ships outside Loch Ewe. (Not a good thought possible insane). Any way ,I am at periscope depth when I get multiple sound contacts of a TF. Indeed I raise my scope and I see a column: a KGV a Nelson and 8 DDs doing 21Kts bearing 90 range 1500m

Down scope , turn and then.....
No sound contacts , no visual contacts when I raised the scope. The TF vanished in thin air, weather conditions were good and NO fog! The date is 16 February 1940. The Philadelphia experiment hasn't taken place yet.
Where the **** did they go?
I play stock patched to 1.4 with some visual mods and SH3 commander.

Kaleun1961
02-06-2010, 10:17 AM
You may have been there for a task force entering port. The game does not actually depict each ship entering a port and tying up to a port. Other members have observed a similar event when tailing a convoy to its destination port. Convoys and task forces are scripted to run between certain "points" and when it reaches its terminating point it literally disappears from the map. That may have been what you just witnessed.

VONHARRIS
02-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Thank you for the explanation. Would have I found them if I had entered the port? I don't think so. That means I was at the right place at the wrong time! Bad luck!
The patrol continued in the same pattern and finally I returned home with a little more than 20k tonnage.