PDA

View Full Version : Il2 TRIM HELP

Asas_Portuga1
12-26-2007, 09:14 AM
i'm having dificulties maneging trim comands. How should i use trim to fly ??? anybody can help a nooby??

tanks all

Asas_Portuga1
12-26-2007, 09:14 AM
i'm having dificulties maneging trim comands. How should i use trim to fly ??? anybody can help a nooby??

tanks all

VW-IceFire
12-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Could you give us some details on your difficulties. Hard to zero in on the problem you're having.

Be aware that not all planes have trim in all axis...a couple of planes have no trim at all.

raaaid
12-26-2007, 09:45 AM
ptu elevator trim on mouse wheel

Asas_Portuga1
12-26-2007, 09:47 AM
HI.Ok, tanks for yhe tip. when i press Elevator up or down the aircraft, for ex,BF 109-G2, imediatlely goes fast either up ou Down. So, What can i do to control the movement of the Elevator? use Trim?

Another thing, is how can i go up fast when facing a fighter????

tks

berg417448
12-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Are you trying to fly with a keyboard? If so, forget it and buy a joystick.

Asas_Portuga1
12-26-2007, 10:17 AM
No , i have an Aviator.

berg417448
12-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Ok...you said press Elevator Up so it sounded like you were using the keyboard.

You probably need to go into controls and adjust your stick settings. Sounds like they are too sensitive for you.Everyone has their stick settings adjusted differently. What works for me might not be to your liking. You just need to experiment.

general_kalle
12-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Saitek aviator /AV8R ?

i have that one aswell.

i have one of the two throttles for eleavtor which is most important.

i have Shift Z and X for ailron trim and
Ctrl Z and X for rudder trim. works fine for me.

just remember to check you elevator trim before take off

buzzsaw1939
12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I think he is saying he wants to know what trim is, and it's function, I think he needs someone to point him to a link, maybe Nuggets guide or something. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rock_Kettler
12-26-2007, 01:40 PM
If you mean what does Trim do the purpose is to trim aircraft to fly straight and level at current throttle sending with hands off stick. If you are asking for help on control settings for PF or setup of AV8R then need more info. What Operating System (OS) are you using, XP or Vista? Do you have other controllers devices connected eg Rudder Pedals, NP Track IR?
If anybody interested have a Saitek SD6 profile for combo above which I'm happy to share, profile is zipped as is readme. I'd attach it to this but see no option to do so. E-mail me if you want a copy. peterwoods@supanet.com

Asas_Portuga1
12-26-2007, 03:25 PM
First of all , taks for our help. I stiil heve a lot a Q. causei´m feeling a bit like a "green" soldier, among veterans in the midle of the jungle, i mean, i'm a rookie,sarranded by vets, and i have to learn as much as i can , as fast as i can, before i get the fhirst shot. : http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Sorry guys, i guess u allreay feel this way too or maybe not.

General, yea, its the sane AV8R.
Buzzsaw, u r rith, i about the Trim, tkas. Can u or sameone point me same tips abaut prop picth, it's function , the best way to set the Joy ?
Rock_ketler: i use XP, no pedals, IL2 FB2003 tanks all

buzzsaw1939
12-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Hang in there Asas... Someone will be along to point you to some links to get you started, there are many helpful people in here, it's just a bad time during holidays, and they aren't around right now.

I don't know the links or I would post them myself, it would take me the rest of the night to explain the basics to you, they have been helping new people for a long time, and doing a good job! give them a couple days. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Look for one of Bearcats post's, and click on the nuggets guide, that might get you started.

Asas_Portuga1
12-27-2007, 08:03 AM
tanks for the suport, buzzsaw. i'll do as u say. and try to find bearcats post's. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Prop pitch is easy to understand, but difficult to master. Prop pitch has an effect on engine RPM. the more RPM, the greater the power of the engine. But high RPM is bad for the engine, it will overheat faster. Most aircraft have a red line that indicates the max amount of RPM's for that particular aircraft. Try to hold the needle just under that value.

Asas_Portuga1
12-27-2007, 08:40 AM
tks. what do u think about the use of the rudder pedal? should i buy one? or the stick do the job just fine?

VW-IceFire
12-27-2007, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asas_Portuga1:
No , i have an Aviator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok...but with an Aviator from Saitek its a joystick so you don't "press" all the way or want to. Joysticks favour gentle movements in one direction or another. Even in the heat of air combat slight movements are often the best. Don't "hamfist" the controls by pushing or pulling your joystick all the way in one direction.

Trim does not help you with sensitivity. For sensitivity settings you should probably start a whole new topic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What trim does is help keep the plane "stable" in flight. You may notice that when your plane speeds up the nose starts to rise even when you want it to point at the horizon. When your speed falls the nose will point towards the ground and you don't want that either. Trim sorts this out by making minor adjustments to the planes flight characteristics. Elevator trim will keep the nose centered on the horizon for straight and level flight. NOTE: You do not ever just set trim and leave it. You have to adjust trim constantly. Some planes require more trim than others.

You may also notice that some planes slip to the left or right. Rudder trim will help with this. Its best to try and keep a plane centered and level as best as possible for highest speed flight. If you've got your nose pointing up and your plane is slipping off to the left or right then you're going to be allot slower than a guy infront of you thats trimmed out.

Its a technique that you'll learn. Its best to spend some time with the controls and experiment.

Asas_Portuga1
12-28-2007, 08:04 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif tanks again, IceFire.i realy most practice, and try real hard not to move the stick so fast. it's interesting u sharing tips with me, cause before i registered, i usted reed stuf writen by u, by tully(?, by Bearcat,and other Aces(i´m soory if i don't recall the names). Moreover, i download same of your missions, unfortun/ i don´t know how to put same to run. it gives a error like "No regiment..." or "no skin", something like that.