PDA

View Full Version : British Jet

fadly2010
04-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm new at the flight simulation games. Il-2 1946 is my first one. i've meant to play it for a while now but there's plenty of a more "interesting" games came out and i have to delay the Il-2. Then i managed to get my hand's on one. Surprisingly, it's quite enjoyable. WW2 flight sim are different from modern day flight sim in which you can actually see your target, unlike the modern flight sim where your enemy are a symbol on your HUD and Display, pretty darn boring.

Now to the issue at hand. I noticed that Il-2 added a few jet aircraft into the game. But i only see the German, Russian and American jet only. where's the english jets? where's the Meteor and the Vampire?

fadly2010
04-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm new at the flight simulation games. Il-2 1946 is my first one. i've meant to play it for a while now but there's plenty of a more "interesting" games came out and i have to delay the Il-2. Then i managed to get my hand's on one. Surprisingly, it's quite enjoyable. WW2 flight sim are different from modern day flight sim in which you can actually see your target, unlike the modern flight sim where your enemy are a symbol on your HUD and Display, pretty darn boring.

Now to the issue at hand. I noticed that Il-2 added a few jet aircraft into the game. But i only see the German, Russian and American jet only. where's the english jets? where's the Meteor and the Vampire?

Treetop64
04-17-2011, 06:50 PM
The British jets you mention aren't in the game.

As for BVR combat, I'd say it's different but definitely not boring.

Xiolablu3
04-18-2011, 05:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fadly2010:

Now to the issue at hand. I noticed that Il-2 added a few jet aircraft into the game. But i only see the German, Russian and American jet only. where's the english jets? where's the Meteor and the Vampire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its really nothing personal against the British.
If someone completed a model of an aircraft successfully and it passed quality control, it was often included in the game. However the people slated to do the Vampire and Meteor obviously never finished or it was not good enough.

Thats why we have a bit of a mish mash of aircraft (but obviously the huge number is very welcome)

VW-IceFire
04-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I think I've seen three or four Meteor projects come and go in the last ten years or so. None were ever finished to specifications so none were ever added to the game. Most additions in the last 5-6 years have been from third party - that is people largely working for free or getting paid small sums to do a massive amount of work to make an airplane fly and be flyable in the IL-2 engine.

The Meteor Mark I and III would be historically accurate aircraft with the Mark I seeing combat use against V-1s and the III seeing squadron service but little actual or no combat before the end of hostilities. Nonetheless it'd be great to see both added... it could still happen one day.

Although I admit I'd rather see more Beaufighter types, Mosquito types and a Typhoon first http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif