PDA

View Full Version : OT, Anyone here know how?

hueywolf123
01-29-2007, 08:04 PM
I want to run my flat screen lcd as a clone of my laptop monitor. I have the correct lead, the laptop has a jack from which to run a clone.
Problem is, I have a Radeon graphics card, I have the catalyst drivers installed but anything to do with clone, is greyed out and unuseable.
I'd love to be able to get this happening, but it just won't cooperate.
Does anybody here know how?

hueywolf123
01-29-2007, 08:04 PM
I want to run my flat screen lcd as a clone of my laptop monitor. I have the correct lead, the laptop has a jack from which to run a clone.
Problem is, I have a Radeon graphics card, I have the catalyst drivers installed but anything to do with clone, is greyed out and unuseable.
I'd love to be able to get this happening, but it just won't cooperate.
Does anybody here know how?

Knight165
01-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Try going into your control panel....then into the system....then the device manager. Right click on the display icon and there should be an option to "scan for hardware changes". It might pick up the second monitor that way.

M.K.
Knight165

Mittelwaechter
01-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Isn't there a simple Fn/F1-F12 switch to scroll through intern, extern and both monitors?

I didn't use it, but afair I read something in the manual of my laptop. I'll check it when at home tonight.

Edit: the plug of my monitor doesn't fit into my laptop and it seems I've lost the adapter...

Maverick_U2007
01-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Might be able to help...
I have a Radeo Graphics card with which I was having problems.

Followed the following link

amd.com/support/drivers/mce/radeonx_mce.html

which let me download the 'Catalyst Control Centre (Software Suite), it was released on 10th January 2007, which has a facility to set up more that one screen. I have just looked and found it in the advanced section. The suite seems to let you adjust just about everything!!