PDA

View Full Version : Disregard the negative reviews. This game is epic.

Jamesmackswell
11-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Alright, let me give you a little background on how I came upon AC. I saw a trailer for it about a year ago and knew it was going to be BA, and then learned about a week ago that it was to be released soon.

I saw the negative reviews the night before it came out here in the US (last night), and I wasn't really troubled by them because IGN sucks in general, and I never really got hyped by the media in the first place.

Let me just say that this game is almost flawless so far. I'm about an hour into it, and no game plays quite like it. Also, I was put off at first at the idea of a plot twist, but really it is very engrossing. @Jade Raymond, good work, keep it up.

Forget the 'professional' game reviewers who overanalyze this game and give it a bad score. "OMG this game sucks, it's possible for me to expose a guard glitch in this one part of the game. Obviously the entire AI must be broken!!!" no.

I plan on writing a full review once I finish the game and have enough time to do so (finals are coming up you know...)

Cheers

Jamesmackswell
11-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Alright, let me give you a little background on how I came upon AC. I saw a trailer for it about a year ago and knew it was going to be BA, and then learned about a week ago that it was to be released soon.

I saw the negative reviews the night before it came out here in the US (last night), and I wasn't really troubled by them because IGN sucks in general, and I never really got hyped by the media in the first place.

Let me just say that this game is almost flawless so far. I'm about an hour into it, and no game plays quite like it. Also, I was put off at first at the idea of a plot twist, but really it is very engrossing. @Jade Raymond, good work, keep it up.

Forget the 'professional' game reviewers who overanalyze this game and give it a bad score. "OMG this game sucks, it's possible for me to expose a guard glitch in this one part of the game. Obviously the entire AI must be broken!!!" no.

I plan on writing a full review once I finish the game and have enough time to do so (finals are coming up you know...)

Cheers

The_Werty66
11-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm going to admit I didn't read the whole post, but, yes, this game is easily my choice for a need-to-buy game. I've been playing it since about... 3:30 and it's almost 12 right now. I really don't understand why everyone said it was going to be so bad.. Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Gypsy816
11-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I agree whole-heartedly. It is an amazing piece of art. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

unnamedninja
11-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Bump

Epic is exactly the sort of words people need to see when they come onto official ubi forums to find out about this game. Wholeheartedly agree with your entire post.

BlakeInOH
11-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I'll bump as well. Long time lurker here guys. This game really is something to see. I mean not only are the graphics the best you'll see so far, but the control scheme that they've come up with is so fitting and comfortable to use. I've easy played it a full 9 hours so far and with a vacation day from the office tomorrow, I expect to bump that up to about 19. This is definitely a must have. Great storyline, nice twist, absolutely the most fun in gameplay I've had in a while. 9.7/10. There's my little review in a nutshell. I only gave it -.3 for repetitiveness because it's such a minimal part of the entire game that it doesn't matter. Do anything you want, any way you want. Buy this. Buy this now.

robatubisoft
11-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Just want to throw my two cents in and say how much fun I am having playing. I even missed a clan match tonight of COD4 (TG Clan) just so I could keep playing AC! (My clanleader was cool about it though, thankfully!)

I went ahead and told him to clear me off the roster for the next week at least!

Ellis The Exile
11-14-2007, 10:53 PM
I've been playing Assassin's Creed since I got it tonight. I've already taken out two targets. Let me say this, I love this game. I've found the AI quite challenging actually, and I've tried blending after I killed a guard, it doesn't work. I usually get the hell sliced out of me when I try, blend is not an invisible exploit button. I don't know where they got that from.. but it hasn't happened yet.

BagelDogs
11-14-2007, 11:35 PM
I've been watching my friend play this game for about 9 hours now. He's let me play for about 15 minutes. After watching him, I have totally, 100% decided that I am going to kill him and steal his system and AC. That is my review.

AirRon_2K7
11-15-2007, 01:13 AM
bumb, for epicness.

And thanks for the summary man. I look forward to reading a full review if you ever make one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

unnamedninja
11-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Bumped for truth!

Susak1977
11-15-2007, 01:19 AM
this game is f ing great
same here started at 3:30pm and stop at 1:30am
the game is definitely like crack

Hassan-Sabbah
11-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Absoluely fantastic! I got the game at 7PM and did not take my first break til 1AM! And that is even with my fears of the red rings of death on the 360! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

I have seen NOTHING that these complaints have been based on...nothing.

I think Ubi programed crack waves into this game...it is just so addictive!

LordLonewolf777
11-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Yea, i agree. There are so many BS reviews out there. Totally not doing this game justice. Every game has flaws we all know that but this game is just superior to many is so many ways!

I hate the ppl who gives those cr4p reviews.
They must wake up and smell the coffee.