PDA

View Full Version : Takeoff waypoint starts in the air?

F4U_Flyer
11-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Im making a mission in the fmb at midway and the first waypoint is set to takeoff on the land strip ,2nd fly , 3rd landing but when i launch , the plane starts in the air? Im using the f4u-1a and the sbd. ( one for each mission , not together ).
Any help?

Also is there any way to start a mission at the hanger and have to taxi to the runway to start?

Thanks!

F4U_Flyer
11-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Im making a mission in the fmb at midway and the first waypoint is set to takeoff on the land strip ,2nd fly , 3rd landing but when i launch , the plane starts in the air? Im using the f4u-1a and the sbd. ( one for each mission , not together ).
Any help?

Also is there any way to start a mission at the hanger and have to taxi to the runway to start?

Thanks!

Athosd
11-30-2004, 09:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F4U_Flyer:
Any help?

Thanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check that the first waypoint is set to Take/off - if its Normfly you will start in the air.

Best to check out the Mission Builder Forum for the second question.

Cheers

Athos

F4U_Flyer
11-30-2004, 09:14 PM
yes the first waypoint is set to takeoff. Other maps ive tried work fine.

Athosd
11-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Are your difficulty settings set to include take off and landing?

You might also try setting the airstrip as the target for the take/off waypoint.

No PF on my work system http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif - might have a look at this tonight.

F4U_Flyer
11-30-2004, 11:05 PM
i have a stndalone pf v301 and it works fine. The version im trying on is fb/aep/pf v 302b , i tried tarawa and it starts in the air too!
All i can say is AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Oh and yes it is set for takeoffs and landings in the pilot settings , is there another setting somewhere else?
Anyone have this happen with merged v302b , please test and let me know if its a bug or just me.
Midway , F4u-1a , takeoff land strip.
Thanks!

Tully__
12-01-2004, 04:11 AM
Takeoff works as advertised for me in all versions. Remember that there are 3 differnet sets off difficulty missions. If you're flying a campaign, you need to check the campaign difficulty settings. If flying a single/QMB mission you need to check those settings (FMB folllows single/QMB I think) and the "online settings are different again. Check the difficulty settings just before you click "Fly" on your test mission to make sure the mode you've chosed does in fact have the "Takeoffs & Landings" setting turned ON (red light is lit).

Athosd
12-01-2004, 04:15 AM
I just tested the Midway map in FMB - no probs starting on the runway.

Otherwise....what Tully said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

F4U_Flyer
12-01-2004, 10:44 PM
well i must confess i have been overcome by that dreaded illness.....newb-itis! I found you are correct , the settings for individual missions is seperate from pilot settings.

Hi , my name is f4u_flyer and i am a newbie!
but im on my way now! Thanks!