PDA

View Full Version : Game Reference Easter Eggs? AC:2

trekwiz
02-12-2011, 12:35 AM
I noticed that the Mario reference is quickly pointed out as an Easter Egg, but I noticed 2 other game references that...I see no confirmation as to whether they're Easter Eggs or just coincidence.

1. I got a great laugh at one point when a group of people saw me killing some guards. When they ran away, one man shouted, "cannot we live in peace?" He had a Middle Eastern accent. ...the same phrase is a quote from a GLA unit in Command and Conquer: Generals. Same accent, same intonation.

2. During the Carnevale in Venice, there was quite a bit of Renaissance music being played on the streets. One song I kept hearing often sounded like it came right out of Majesty.

Any chance anyone knows if these were intentional, or coincidence?

trekwiz
02-12-2011, 12:35 AM
I noticed that the Mario reference is quickly pointed out as an Easter Egg, but I noticed 2 other game references that...I see no confirmation as to whether they're Easter Eggs or just coincidence.

1. I got a great laugh at one point when a group of people saw me killing some guards. When they ran away, one man shouted, "cannot we live in peace?" He had a Middle Eastern accent. ...the same phrase is a quote from a GLA unit in Command and Conquer: Generals. Same accent, same intonation.

2. During the Carnevale in Venice, there was quite a bit of Renaissance music being played on the streets. One song I kept hearing often sounded like it came right out of Majesty.

Any chance anyone knows if these were intentional, or coincidence?

magesupermaster
02-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Probably just a coincidence, but good job spotting these.

There are also AC easter eggs in other games, keep an eye on them too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

AntiChrist7
02-12-2011, 01:25 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Easter_Eggs

Murcuseo
02-12-2011, 04:49 AM
This isn't really an Easter egg, but I noticed that during 'A Warm Welcome' mission in the Battle of Forli DLC (sequence 12 ACII) Girolamo Savonarola is standing underneath the LoF point during the cut-scene, after you kill the two guards on top of the gate into Forli. He's also skulking around during other moments in those initial missions of sequence 12.

Not really relevant, but I wonder what other subtle things I missed. Even now after almost a year I play through the game and notice things I missed.

TorQue1988
02-12-2011, 05:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
This isn't really an Easter egg, but I noticed that during 'A Warm Welcome' mission in the Battle of Forli DLC (sequence 12 ACII) Girolamo Savonarola is standing underneath the LoF point during the cut-scene, after you kill the two guards on top of the gate into Forli. He's also skulking around during other moments in those initial missions of sequence 12.

Not really relevant, but I wonder what other subtle things I missed. Even now after almost a year I play through the game and notice things I missed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whoo i didn't know that...that's awesome man,like G-Man from Half Life 2 kept appearing in the distance throughout the whole game.
I also noticed that in Bonfire of the Vanities the color grading in Florence is different ,more darker throughout the whole sequence.This looks a lot better at night than in the other sequences,the lighting effects are darker as they should be ,and the way you see the lights in the distance seems much more realistic;I've always thought that during night time there isn't too much darkness ,and too bad that there are no moonless nights.

trekwiz
02-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Magesupermaster: Thanks. The "cannot we live in peace" one sounded almost exactly the same...I did a doubletake when I heard that one, so I thought it was intentional.

I have read about AC references elsewhere, though I'm not particularly interested in any of the games I've read of such references in...lol.

Antichrist7: Thanks for the link--though that's where I went first to try to confirm. (:

Robson: I haven't gotten the DLC yet. Is it any good? I'm planning on getting a new HDD (I have an almost-full 20GB HDD on my Xbox) soon, and have been holding off until then.

Deathgrim666
02-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Favorite reference was the joker one in ac:2 "Why So Serious?". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

trekwiz
02-12-2011, 02:43 PM
I think I missed that one, or didn't hear it. ): My friends say that all the time, too.