PDA

View Full Version : For Tully or X45 owners

dieg777
03-04-2005, 06:55 AM
I have just bought one of these- previously I had reservations but after trying one again and getting a good deal I bit the bullet.
I have set up a profile I am happy with -based on tullys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif but would like some feed back on setting up the rudder switch. Obviously this is the biggest departure from previous sticks and it feels a bit on- off with no feel. I would be grateful for any info on getting the best from this and any settings you would recommend.

here are my current settings- but were for my thrustmaster so Ill have to tune these up
1X=0 0 3 7 15 25 35 50 66 84 100 0
1Y=0 0 5 10 17 25 33 43 54 71 100 0
1RZ=0 0 8 19 29 39 51 62 75 86 100 0

I know I could use my twist thrustmaster and use the x45 stick as a button bay but I like the new stick and she -who -must-be -obayed is already moaning at the amount of deskspace the x45 takes up- never mind adding the old one as well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif and I cant afford pedals just yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif so any help appreciated

BRASSTURTLE
03-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Ditto. I am in the same boat. Just got a refurb from saitek & the rudder definitely feels " all or nothing". i have tried 50's across the board for the rudder & it fells like i have no rudder at all. 70's across the board & it slams when tapped.
PLEASE HELP!!

steve_v
03-04-2005, 01:09 PM
some examples of rudder conf settings are given here: http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm#006

dieg777
03-04-2005, 01:23 PM
thanks steve- I had seen these but know that some people use their msff sticks and was wondering if these were good for x45- im away to experiment will try some out

cheers

steve_v
03-04-2005, 02:20 PM
All joystick settings are a matter of preference and aircraft. I keep two basic profiles, bomber and fighter. Find what works for you and stick to it, but don't be surprised if you find yourself making minor adjustments for specific a/c.

Tully__
03-04-2005, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dieg777:
thanks steve- I had seen these but know that some people use their msff sticks and was wondering if these were good for x45- im away to experiment will try some out

cheers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Author's settings in that article are my X-45 settings.

pmckelvy
03-04-2005, 06:47 PM
I just bought the X45 today, if I download a profile what do I do with it? Is there a folder in FB that I put it into?

Tully__
03-04-2005, 07:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pmckelvy:
I just bought the X45 today, if I download a profile what do I do with it? Is there a folder in FB that I put it into? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In order to use the profile you must install the Saitek SST software in "Advanced" mode. Once you've done that, put the profile in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software

and it will appear on the list of profiles when you right click the X-45 icon in your system tray.

pmckelvy
03-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Ok I did that and see it and load it at desktop. Should the game recognize all the buttons assigned to them or do I have to still maually do it. Thanks for the help by the way.

Tully__
03-04-2005, 08:43 PM
The profile makes the stick send keystrokes instead of DXButtons (joystick buttons). Provided the profile author has used the default key assignments, you wont need to do anything. Most profiles for download include a readme file that will tell you if you need to make any key assingment for the profile to work.

dieg777
03-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Many Thanks Steve and Tully - I was playing around last night and Im getting there slowly- it is like starting to learn to fly in the sim over again - even just trying to get a comfortable layout -so Im just going to start off with baisic flying and aircraft control and try to get co-ordinated again.