PDA

View Full Version : why signs are written in italian in the warehouse

MetalX2010
04-10-2010, 05:02 AM
in the assassins' hideout where desmond is right now, signs near the room exit are written in italian.
"sezione"(section)
"parcheggio"(parking)
"Magazzino"(warehouse)

i have no problem with that just curious why? xD

MetalX2010
04-10-2010, 05:02 AM
in the assassins' hideout where desmond is right now, signs near the room exit are written in italian.
"sezione"(section)
"parcheggio"(parking)
"Magazzino"(warehouse)

i have no problem with that just curious why? xD

Abeonis
04-10-2010, 05:53 AM
...They're in Italy, perhaps?

MetalX2010
04-10-2010, 06:30 AM
no dude im talking about Desmond, the game didnt give the impression that they're in italy.

nitres15
04-10-2010, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MetalX2010:
"sezione"(section)
"parcheggio"(parking)
"Magazzino"(warehouse)

i have no problem with that just curious why? xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have noticed that to i was going to post it but im lazy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

caswallawn_2k7
04-10-2010, 07:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MetalX2010:
no dude im talking about Desmond, the game didnt give the impression that they're in italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
the game has never said were Desmond is being held, it just had a generic city scape out the window, so it could of been anywhere in the world, the signs make it seem like they are holding him in Italy.

until the game says were he is being held he could be anywhere and this could be a hint to him being in Italy as if you look out of the warehouse window it looks like Italy also.

Abeonis
04-10-2010, 08:51 AM
no dude im talking about Desmond, the game didnt give the impression that they're in italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, your question was about the Warehouse... To quote the thread title "why signs are written in italian in the warehouse", no mention of Desmond in there.

As caswallawn has said however, although the game didn't specifically say they're in Italy the fact that the signs are in Italian does give the impression that they're in Italy...

MetalX2010
04-10-2010, 10:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> No, your question was about the Warehouse... To quote the thread title "why signs are written in italian in the warehouse", no mention of Desmond in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well lets use common sense: is there a warehouse for Ezio? unlike the first AC, there isnt even a Bureau, maybe you thought im talking about the auditore mansion? well its a mansion not a warehouse.. common sense says : not talking about Ezio :/

and second if we're to reply to discussions based on the title, it'll be one really big mess.. so... READ THE CONTENT OF THE DISCUSSION before replying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> the game has never said were Desmond is being held, it just had a generic city scape out the window, so it could of been anywhere in the world, the signs make it seem like they are holding him in Italy.

until the game says were he is being held he could be anywhere and this could be a hint to him being in Italy as if you look out of the warehouse window it looks like Italy also.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh here's a good answer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif someone has proven himself useful here :P maybe you should ask him for some hints on that Abeonis http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SWJS
04-10-2010, 05:29 PM
The signs do point to Desmond being in Italy. But it doesn't make sense. They're visiting Italy in the Animus. During the entire game, they always say Italy. If they were in Italy, why not just say "Vidic is obssessed with this country"? They're all obviously American, except for the English Shaun Hastings. Plus Desmond says he's wanted to visit the Vatican. If he's in Italy, he could probably just drive there. He puts it like he would have to fly to Italy. Also, at the end, they mention a "cabin up north". Typically, you'd think the Canadian wilderness when you mention Cabins up north.

Honestly, I think the signs are probably just an Easter Egg, put there for those of us who like to explore.

Personally I think they're in the Northern US, maybe New York, Chicago, or Boston?

The Italian signs are probably just there to discover, or to throw us off track.

TheDarkKnigg1
04-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Or it could be a flaw in the storyline :P

I think they are in Italy, it would make sense, but at the same time it doesn't.

Sypron
04-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm undecided as to what I think, there are valid points for both locations.

But the buildings outside the warehouse window ARE the same building models used in Florence.

I can't think of any locations within America that would have that style of architecture. The only countries I can imagine that would have those styles of building are Italy, obviously, or a few other countries in Europe.

godsmack_darius
04-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Would I advise someone too look at the cars in the parking lot, and see what side of the car the steering wheel is? Unless Italy is the same as AMerica, Im not sure

Cornik22
04-11-2010, 05:07 AM
What the heck are you talking about, guys? They are in Florence! The signs are in italian, and the buildings outside look just like modern Florence. PLUS the signs in Abstergo's parking lot are also in italian, meaning they all have been in Italy from the beggining!

MetalX2010
04-11-2010, 05:41 AM
umm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif guys im making this reply without reading what you said for one reason http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Im still at sequence 7 and EzioTheAssassin said something like "and at the end.." and i immediately turned my eyes away from the screen.. I dont know if it was a spoiler or not .. if your posts contain potential spoilers please guys edit your replys and put *SPOILER* before a sentence that may contain one. thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AMuppetMatt
04-11-2010, 06:46 AM
That one's safe to look at http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MrNussbaum
04-11-2010, 06:48 AM
umm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif guys im making this reply without reading what you said for one reason http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Im still at sequence 7 and EzioTheAssassin said something like "and at the end.." and i immediately turned my eyes away from the screen.. I dont know if it was a spoiler or not .. if your posts contain potential spoilers please guys edit your replys and put *SPOILER* before a sentence that may contain one. thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I don't know when the PC version came out, but this isn't a PC exclusive board. The game itself has been out for nearly 5 months. If you're hanging out on a board that's been out 5 months you should expect almost every thread to contain spoilers. I think we're past the 'spoiler' phase of the board.

caswallawn_2k7
04-11-2010, 06:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They're all obviously American, except for the English Shaun Hastings. Plus Desmond says he's wanted to visit the Vatican. If he's in Italy, he could probably just drive there. He puts it like he would have to fly to Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
because people cant work in other countries and people who are abducted cant be taken to other countries, now can they?

the have taken some1 who appears to be an American and they want him to comply, do you really think they are going to say to him "oh by the way your not in America any more" they could of moved him any where the same as people from any country can work in any other country.

they could of been lead to Italy by the previous subjects, and that is why they went there (even altiars story line went over to the island off the south of Italy) so it could just be all the events they are following converge on Italy so they setup there as it may be an important location.

MetalX2010
04-11-2010, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
umm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif guys im making this reply without reading what you said for one reason http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Im still at sequence 7 and EzioTheAssassin said something like "and at the end.." and i immediately turned my eyes away from the screen.. I dont know if it was a spoiler or not .. if your posts contain potential spoilers please guys edit your replys and put *SPOILER* before a sentence that may contain one. thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I don't know when the PC version came out, but this isn't a PC exclusive board. The game itself has been out for nearly 5 months. If you're hanging out on a board that's been out 5 months you should expect almost every thread to contain spoilers. I think we're past the 'spoiler' phase of the board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the spoiler phase never ends man, so you're closing the door for all new comers that might have bought a 360 version today?
isnt this a sticky thread -&gt; [IMPORTANT] Put SPOILER TAGS when posting AC2 gameplay content! (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7731005408)

caswallawn_2k7
04-11-2010, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Would I advise someone too look at the cars in the parking lot, and see what side of the car the steering wheel is? Unless Italy is the same as AMerica, Im not sure </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
just noticed this and the majority of the world drives on the right (left hand drive) were the UK and most places with heavy British influence will drive on the left (right hand drive) so the side of the car would only only tell you if it is either in the majority driving on the right (left hand drive) or in the minority driving on the left (right hand drive) clicky for map of right and left. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg)

jimbo11235813
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Honestly, I think the signs are probably just an Easter Egg, put there for those of us who like to explore.

Personally I think they're in the Northern US, maybe New York, Chicago, or Boston?

The Italian signs are probably just there to discover, or to throw us off track. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt they have no or little meaning. Ubisoft and many other gaming companies try to make the player feel like they're there in the game, where the character is standing. To put in Italian signs in a game when you are really in the USA, or anywhere else BUT Italy, would just be clumsy and stupid.

In my opinion, Ubisoft probably won't ever tell us. In other words, the only hints we'll ever get of current locations (Abstergo HQ and warehouse) are what we see when we play as Desmond in AC1 and AC2.

SWJS
04-11-2010, 08:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To put in Italian signs in a game when you are really in the USA, or anywhere else BUT Italy, would just be clumsy and stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So... it was clumsy and stupid when Rockstar put a literal "Easter Egg" in GTA Vice City?

The point of an Easter Egg is to be out of the way, and to be discovered. Developers hide them in games all the time.

I'd bet the signs are just easter eggs. :/<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">because people cant work in other countries and people who are abducted cant be taken to other countries, now can they? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Sure. So Desmond's in Italy, yet he never comes in contact with one single Italian person. Everyone at Abstergo had an American accent. The assassins over the intercom had American accents. Surely if they were in Italy, at least one of them would be Italian. The dates and text on the computers were in an American format. Everything points to them being in America.

Besides, lots of places have signs in two languages, like how in America we have signs in English and Spanish. Surely they would have had signs in English as well, for tourists and such.

You can't just base their location off the language on a few signs. There are a lot of people today who are bilingual. they could be anywhere in America or Europe.

The signs being in Italian mean nothing.

EzioAssassin51
04-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Actually, i believe that Desmond could have been working in America or grew up in America and Abstergo is somewhere in Asia, hence the skyscrapers. They company could be somewhere near Italy, which is why Lucy could drive there and hence why the buildings looks like florentine buildings!

This is one reason why the signs are in Italian!

SWJS
04-12-2010, 01:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Would I advise someone too look at the cars in the parking lot, and see what side of the car the steering wheel is? Unless Italy is the same as AMerica, Im not sure </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm fairly sure 90% or more of the countries in Europe have the steering wheel on the right.

That being said, I just started a new game. All the vehicles in Abstergo's Parking Garage have the steering wheel on the left, including Lucy's car. Plus, Lucy comes from the left side of her car when going to open the trunk for Desmond. Therefore, it is highly improbable that they are in Italy.

MetalX2010
04-12-2010, 02:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
I'm fairly sure 90% or more of the countries in Europe have the steering wheel on the right.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you better check that again mate, england is the only european country with steering on the right(drives on the left)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F...he_left_or_right.svg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg)

SWJS
04-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Actually, according to the map, England, Ireland, Scotland, the very northern portion of France, and the small Italian Island of Sicily all drive on the left side of the road. However, I don't trust anything that comes from wikipedia, as it can be edited by anyone, unless a page gets abused too much and is blocked from editing. Still, Wikipedia is hardly a trustworthy source.

El_Sjietah
04-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Actually, according to the map, England, Ireland, Scotland, the very northern portion of France, and the small Italian Island of Sicily all drive on the left side of the road. However, I don't trust anything that comes from wikipedia, as it can be edited by anyone, unless a page gets abused too much and is blocked from editing. Still, Wikipedia is hardly a trustworthy source. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop talking. Seriously. Every post only makes you look more foolish than you already do.

FatLeopardGuy
04-12-2010, 03:10 AM
I am European and it's actually more like 90% of us that do drive on the right and have our steering wheel on the left, Italy included. The British islands is the only place in EU where they drive on the left worth mentioning.

The signs do point to Desmond being in Italy. But it doesn't make sense. They're visiting Italy in the Animus. During the entire game, they always say Italy. If they were in Italy, why not just say "Vidic is obssessed with this country"? They're all obviously American, except for the English Shaun Hastings. Plus Desmond says he's wanted to visit the Vatican. If he's in Italy, he could probably just drive there. He puts it like he would have to fly to Italy. Also, at the end, they mention a "cabin up north". Typically, you'd think the Canadian wilderness when you mention Cabins up north.

The Italian signs are probably just there to discover, or to throw us off track. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their warehouse hideout is probably not too far away from the Abstergo HQ, as they drove there with Desmond in the trunk. It would make no sense for the templars to be operating out of US when they could have stayed in Europe.

As for cabins up north, it makes you think of Canada because you're probably American. To a European, "a cabin up north" could just as well mean a cabin in the beautiful Swiss/Austrian alps, which are north of Italy and actually pretty close from Florence/Venice.

There's a lot of games out there that have characters with unrealistic out-of-context american accents, mainly because the consumers are used to having protagonists with american accents and the developers do not want to take a risk changing that. Even then, them being American doesn't mean they can't be in Italy.

MetalX2010
04-12-2010, 03:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatLeopardGuy:
I am European and it's actually more like 90% of us that do drive on the right and have our steering wheel on the left, Italy included. The British islands is the only place in EU where they drive on the left worth mentioning.

Their warehouse hideout is probably not too far away from the Abstergo HQ, as they drove there with Desmond in the trunk. It would make no sense for the templars to be operating out of US when they could have stayed in Europe.

As for cabins up north, it makes you think of Canada because you're probably American. To a European, "a cabin up north" could just as well mean a cabin in the beautiful Swiss/Austrian alps, which are north of Italy and actually pretty close from Florence/Venice.

There's a lot of games out there that have characters with unrealistic out-of-context american accents, mainly because the consumers are used to having protagonists with american accents and the developers do not want to take a risk changing that. Even then, them being American doesn't mean they can't be in Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice job for a first post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TheLeoCrow
04-12-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm fairly sure 90% or more of the countries in Europe have the steering wheel on the right.[...] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The U.K. is definatelly NOT 90% of Europe. Most of europe has the steering wheel on the left side

caswallawn_2k7
04-12-2010, 12:43 PM
yep cause if you get they ferry over to mainland Europe you always drive on the right (annoying as hell in a right hand drive car) you may not trust wikipedia, but why cant you trust the Europeans telling you this is true?

Abeonis
04-12-2010, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> No, your question was about the Warehouse... To quote the thread title "why signs are written in italian in the warehouse", no mention of Desmond in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well lets use common sense: is there a warehouse for Ezio? unlike the first AC, there isnt even a Bureau, maybe you thought im talking about the auditore mansion? well its a mansion not a warehouse.. common sense says : not talking about Ezio :/

and second if we're to reply to discussions based on the title, it'll be one really big mess.. so... READ THE CONTENT OF THE DISCUSSION before replying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> the game has never said were Desmond is being held, it just had a generic city scape out the window, so it could of been anywhere in the world, the signs make it seem like they are holding him in Italy.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh here's a good answer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif someone has proven himself useful here :P maybe you should ask him for some hints on that Abeonis http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MetalX2010, I would appreciate it if you didn't act so stuck up and smarmy over this, and refrain from insulting me as well. I'm not an idiot, I can tell the difference between a mansion and a warehouse, I don't know why you're bringing Ezio into this... you asked why there were Italin signs in the warehouse, simple, it's in Italy. I answered your question straight away, politely, and you responded stupidly with a comment about Desmond (who was not mentioned at all in your initial post).

Secondly, I don't like being told where I should look for "hints" as you put it, otherwise I might direct you to a class in polite forum etiquette; perhaps one of the administrators could help you there.

If you wan't to act childish over this, be my guest, but don't insult my intelligence thank you very much.

SWJS
04-12-2010, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Actually, according to the map, England, Ireland, Scotland, the very northern portion of France, and the small Italian Island of Sicily all drive on the left side of the road. However, I don't trust anything that comes from wikipedia, as it can be edited by anyone, unless a page gets abused too much and is blocked from editing. Still, Wikipedia is hardly a trustworthy source. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop talking. Seriously. Every post only makes you look more foolish than you already do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh yes. You do realise that you called me out for being stupid on a post that was reasonable and sensible, right? Now what's wrong with that picture? Oh yes, you just made an even bigger fool of yourself. Next time, quote a post that ACTUALLY makes me look foolish.

Perhaps you should stop talking, since every post you make is a smart-aleck remark that contributes in no way to the current topic at hand and serves no other purpose other than to insult people.

So... yeah. Stop talking. Seriously. Every post only makes you look more like a troll than you already do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatLeopardGuy:

There's a lot of games out there that have characters with unrealistic out-of-context american accents, mainly because the consumers are used to having protagonists with american accents and the developers do not want to take a risk changing that. Even then, them being American doesn't mean they can't be in Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Fair enough. Quite a reasonable and well-thought-out first post. Well done. However, I still hold my believe that they aren't in Italy.

It doesn't make sense. Why would Ubisoft make the Animus 2.0 location the exact same as the modern day location? It's lazy and uncreative. If Ubisoft were really interested in focusing on using unique locations that haven't been used before, they would make the Modern Day location be in someplace hardly ever used. Why on earth would they use the exact same location as in the Animus? It makes no sense.

caswallawn_2k7
04-12-2010, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">they would make the Modern Day location be in someplace hardly ever used. Why on earth would they use the exact same location as in the Animus? It makes no sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
were has it ever been stated in AC3 you play in the modern day? it has been stated by Ubi that AC3 could be set even before AC1. also Italy is directly connected to Europe, saying that they are just going to drive a few miles to get away doesn't make sense when they can drive anywhere from France to China.

since all the locations so far have been in Eurasia, it would make perfect sense for them to be in that continent, as what they are looking for obviously strongly links to there.

jimbo11235813
04-12-2010, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin: If Ubisoft were really interested in focusing on using unique locations that haven't been used before, they would make the Modern Day location be in someplace hardly ever used. Why on earth would they use the exact same location as in the Animus? It makes no sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not THAT lazy. In terms of storyline, there would be no point selecting an additional location when they won't be expanding on it in the same game (making it pointless for the player). As Desmond can't go outside, they gave only hints to the players eagle-eyed enough to notice these signs.
Now they can't be trying to throw us off track because it would be criticised if it were else where because in warehouses, its unlikely that they would have a foreign language on the signs and NOT the native language. As there is only one language seen on the signs, its unlikely to be anywhere else BUT Italy, unless there are other Italian speaking countries (as first language).

P.S. I said it would be clumsy if they had Italian signs in game set elsewhere NOT because I don't believe that Easter Eggs can be unrealistic (such as your example of GTA Easter Egg, which is obviously a joke, which many Easter Eggs are), but because it would be clumsy if it wasn't an Easter Egg. If it is one, then I don't see what the joke or message could be for this particular Easter Egg, which are usually what they are.

SWJS
04-12-2010, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">were has it ever been stated in AC3 you play in the modern day? it has been stated by Ubi that AC3 could be set even before AC1. also Italy is directly connected to Europe, saying that they are just going to drive a few miles to get away doesn't make sense when they can drive anywhere from France to China. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I never said anything about AC3. I said it wouldn't make sense for Ubisoft to make the modern day location the exact same location they used in the Animus. As I said, I think it would lazy and uncreative.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">P.S. I said it would be clumsy if they had Italian signs in game set elsewhere NOT because I don't believe that Easter Eggs can be unrealistic (such as your example of GTA Easter Egg, which is obviously a joke, which many Easter Eggs are), but because it would be clumsy if it wasn't an Easter Egg. If it is one, then I don't see what the joke or message could be for this particular Easter Egg, which are usually what they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Easter Eggs aren't always jokes. Many developers put Easter Eggs in games that pay homage to other works. For example, in our very own AC2, Mario's "It's-a-me! Mario" line was an Easter Egg/Shout Out to Super Mario 64. If the signs are an Easter Egg, they could relate to some other media. Perhaps a movie or something? It doesn't automatically mean "Oh the signs are in Italian, they must be in Italy." I have no problem with the modern day setting being in Italy or any other part of Eurasia, I just think setting the Modern Day section of the game in the same location they used in the Animus 2.0 is lazy and uncreative. Why would they do it? It serves no purpose to the story, since they found the Rome Vault using Ezio's memories. Just as well, there are Vaults on the North and South American contenants, so even if the weren't in the Americas, they'd HAVE to travel there eventually. Unless they plan on wasting time by looking for them in the animus and potentially harming Desmond, the person they just spent a few days training to send out in the field.

An_Idea
04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
look out the windows of the hideout, remind you of anywhere? maybe where Ezio was born or something like that. Florence thats where, it is most likely that both the abstergo building you were in and the hideout are in Italy

SWJS
04-13-2010, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
look out the windows of the hideout, remind you of anywhere? maybe where Ezio was born or something like that. Florence thats where, it is most likely that both the abstergo building you were in and the hideout are in Italy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The buildings outside look exactly like Renaissance Florence, so they must obviously be in Italy? Think think not. It's probably laziness on the level designers' part.

Or the Animus somehow ripped a hole in Space-Time and send everyone back in time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

vanityxo
04-13-2010, 05:15 AM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh here's a good answer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif someone has proven himself useful here :P maybe you should ask him for some hints on that Abeonis http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None of us think you meant Ezio.
Desmond is in italy, if you look at the appearance of the building he's in it looks just like one of the buildings in Florence when you're in the animus.

jimbo11235813
04-13-2010, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:Easter Eggs aren't always jokes. Many developers put Easter Eggs in games that pay homage to other works. For example, in our very own AC2, Mario's "It's-a-me! Mario" line was an Easter Egg/Shout Out to Super Mario 64. If the signs are an Easter Egg, they could relate to some other media. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do know Easter Eggs are meant to be hidden, hence the name. The Super Mario thing wasn't hidden, it was said out loud (or, or in your words, a shout out. Therefore its not an Easter Egg. It was a simple joke.
The octopus/squid creature, on the other hand, was hidden, only triggered by certain actions.

I'll admit that it could, ever so slightly, relate to something in some kind of media, but try and relate "sezione"(section), "parcheggio"(parking), and "Magazzino"(warehouse) to anything.

To add to this, the sign aren't that well hidden, they are where they are meant to be, where they are expected to be, tell the players where they are (building-wise) and they are in one language, italian. I don't think they were trying to hide anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just think setting the Modern Day section of the game in the same location they used in the Animus 2.0 is lazy and uncreative. Why would they do it? It serves no purpose to the story, since they found the Rome Vault using Ezio's memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would a DIFFERENT location serve a purpose to the story? Where ever they are, they SHOULD have to move to a new location to continue their mission. If they happen to be where they needed to go, then THAT would be lazy. If they knew they were looking in the life of Ezio, it would be clever to be in the same country as the subject's ancestor in case something goes wrong (e.g. Ezio never actually made it to the vault or Desmond dies) and they personally have to go there themselves.

caswallawn_2k7
04-13-2010, 04:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
look out the windows of the hideout, remind you of anywhere? maybe where Ezio was born or something like that. Florence thats where, it is most likely that both the abstergo building you were in and the hideout are in Italy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The buildings outside look exactly like Renaissance Florence, so they must obviously be in Italy? Think think not. It's probably laziness on the level designers' part.

Or the Animus somehow ripped a hole in Space-Time and send everyone back in time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you really have never seen Italy have you? a lot of areas in Italy still have that style of building (if not the original building) in James Bond they even show the correct roof tops, and they are identical.

the bond location is Siena and a modern day photo can show you the similarities, and a lot of Italy still follows this heritage and has old building, just because the majority of America was built in the last few centuries doest mean the rest of the world was.

photo for proof (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PiazzadelCampoSiena.jpg) (please note there were no cameras in Ezio's time, so either some1 has a time machine or the buildings must still stand.

or do you not remember people posting the photos of modern day versions of the locations use in AC2? as a lot of them are still standing and look pretty much identical, due to laws and other such stuff that stops you plonking a random building in the middle of something historic.

MetalX2010
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MetalX2010, I would appreciate it if you didn't act so stuck up and smarmy over this, and refrain from insulting me as well. I'm not an idiot, I can tell the difference between a mansion and a warehouse, I don't know why you're bringing Ezio into this... you asked why there were Italin signs in the warehouse, simple, it's in Italy. I answered your question straight away, politely, and you responded stupidly with a comment about Desmond (who was not mentioned at all in your initial post).

Secondly, I don't like being told where I should look for "hints" as you put it, otherwise I might direct you to a class in polite forum etiquette; perhaps one of the administrators could help you there.

If you wan't to act childish over this, be my guest, but don't insult my intelligence thank you very much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey Abeonis,

my apologies, I was very irritated that day and that affected my response to you.

but I'd like to point out that Desmond is mentioned in the Initial post and I quote: "in the assassins' hideout where desmond is right now...".

I looked for a more of an explanation, like the one caswallawn_2k7 gave, after all, its a discussion.

you're immediate short answer wasn't helpful and made me think you thought Im talking about Ezio and thus making fun of me.

again sorry for the misunderstanding I assure you it wont happen again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

El_Sjietah
04-15-2010, 03:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Stop talking. Seriously. Every post only makes you look more foolish than you already do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh yes. You do realise that you called me out for being stupid on a post that was reasonable and sensible, right? Now what's wrong with that picture? Oh yes, you just made an even bigger fool of yourself. Next time, quote a post that ACTUALLY makes me look foolish.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not knowing most Europeans drive on the right is pretty ignorant by itself, but seeing you're not from Europe yourself, I can see past that. Claiming someone is wrong when they point this out to you, based on your flawed "research", that's pretty damn foolish to me. I could've used other words, but let's stay polite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps you should stop talking, since every post you make is a smart-aleck remark that contributes in no way to the current topic at hand and serves no other purpose other than to insult people.

So... yeah. Stop talking. Seriously. Every post only makes you look more like a troll than you already do.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My post was about as contributive as yours that keep this discussion from moving forward. At least mine didn't evoke major derailment. Just admit you're wrong and stop looking for ridiculous excuses.

Murcuseo
04-15-2010, 03:55 AM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not knowing most Europeans drive on the right is pretty ignorant by itself, but seeing you're not from Europe yourself, I can see past that. Claiming someone is wrong when they point this out to you, based on your flawed "research", that's pretty damn foolish to me. I could've used other words, but let's stay polite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps you should stop talking, since every post you make is a smart-aleck remark that contributes in no way to the current topic at hand and serves no other purpose other than to insult people.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My post was about as contributive as yours that keep this discussion from moving forward. At least mine didn't evoke major derailment. Just admit you're wrong and stop looking for ridiculous excuses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol both of you are managing to derail the topic so why don't you give it a break and get back to the point http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

El_Sjietah
04-15-2010, 04:04 AM
The point has already been made. They're in Italy.

/thread

SWJS
04-15-2010, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My post was about as contributive as yours that keep this discussion from moving forward. At least mine didn't evoke major derailment. Just admit you're wrong and stop looking for ridiculous excuses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I admit that I'm wrong. I'm an American who's never been outside his state. What I do know about other countries is based off of what I see on Discovery Channel and such. I don't mind being wrong, or even called out on it. It's when the person calling me out on it decides to be a rude idiot and insult me, that I mind. Instead of saying "Stop talking. Seriously. Every post only makes you look more foolish than you already do.", why not have said "The are some flaws in your logic," or something? There are better things to do for bullet wounds than rub salt in them.

Believe what you want. To each his own. However, I still refuse to believe they're in Italy. Unless they directly state it in AC3, I wont believe it. I don't care if it does make me look foolish. Just basing facts off a few signs and a window view is foolish in itself.