PDA

View Full Version : how to install missions?

tonedog2005
12-23-2005, 07:48 AM
what folder do they go in? i downloaded the wake island mission, extratced it to both IJA and IJN mission folder but it doesnt show in the game.

i have the full merged install with all patches

tonedog2005
12-23-2005, 07:48 AM
what folder do they go in? i downloaded the wake island mission, extratced it to both IJA and IJN mission folder but it doesnt show in the game.

i have the full merged install with all patches

Bearcat99
12-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Usually i structions are there.. but is this a single mission or a campaign? If a single mission then go:C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Single\JA and put it in the appropriate plane folder. If there isnt one then create it and drop it in tere.

tonedog2005
12-23-2005, 08:01 AM
it doesnt say what plane it is though.it just says wake island bomb run.

Rudi_Jaeger
12-23-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm assuming that this is a single mission for a particular "player flown" aircraft, and for Wake Island, I'd wager there's a Wildcat or Zero involved somewhere...so try going to Explorer and drilling into you Missions/Single/US,IN,or JA folders and place the mission files into the folders for those particular aircraft. Now start IL2 and go to your FMB and select File>load, and you should see your folder menu where you can drill down to your mission files (this is also the place where you would open a mission to make changes for planes, objects, conditions, ect). Now that you see the mission in it's appropriate "plane folder", you can Exit to main menu...select Single Mission, Country, and Aircraft..here's where you'll see the available missions for that aircraft. Also, if you want to fly an aircraft that is not listed in a folder, i.e; "F4U1C"; you can make one for it, drop in or save a mission to it, and it'll appear when you select it for a single mission. Good Luck! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tully__
12-23-2005, 08:42 AM
By the way, it doesn't matter if it's not in the right plane folder, it will still show up and be playable. It's just easier to keep track of what's where if you can put it in the folder applicable to the plane you'll be flying.