PDA

View Full Version : Please define IL2 F/B, A.E.P., P/F?

joe3rd
03-19-2005, 02:52 AM
Just what is IL2 F/B,A.E.P., P/F supposed to be?
If it is a Flightsimulator such as the one's veiwed at the following link, http://www.advancedsimulation.com/products.htm
Then I think I've missed er,..? a few important upgrades maybe?
If it is merely a game? Then I do not understand the squabbling about, "this aircraft is no where nearly modeled correctly" or "that aircraft never took off with more than 1000lbs arms load"
Or is it simply Oleg Maddox's interactive multimedia artwork, and his gift to the virtual world (internet) because he likes flying?
If the tertirary holds true? then whom is anyone of us in the Virtual Flight Gaming Community to question 1C Maddox's methods of renedering their artwork?
As I am relitivley new to this,..I would appreciate just a little clarification from the community.
thanks

SeaNorris
03-19-2005, 03:34 AM
IL-2 FB = First game
IL-2 AEP = Add-on for FB
PF = New add-on (Requires FB/AEP for merged install) or standalone game.

And it is a Flight-Simulation

JG54_Arnie
03-19-2005, 03:36 AM
A combatsim of gamelike proportions? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Vacillator
03-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Some nice hardware you've linked to there! Now if I could run Il2/PF on it that would be great because I want to fly WW2 piston-engined fighters - well maybe a certain jet and a certain rocket fighter and some bombers as well - and I want to shoot at other aircraft.
As for defining what this software is, for me it's the best bit of combat flight sim software there is. Nothing else (on a computer) has come close to the continued addiction to this series.

Skycat_2
03-19-2005, 02:00 PM
My definition of the terms:

IL-2 -- the area of the store where software is located. Pronounced: "Aisle two."

IL-2:FB -- more specific directions. "Aisle two, further back."

AEP -- What is said when you find a cheap copy of the expansion pack, which you didn't buy when it came out but you now need in order to merge Forgotten Battles to Pacific Fighters; pronounced "Ayyypeeee!"

PF -- Commonly expressed sentiment towards Pacific Fighters in its released state without flyable torpdedo bombers or Betty; pronounced "Pffffffff." (Alternative usage: P/F means 'partially full' or 'partly finished.')

Bearcat99
03-19-2005, 10:15 PM
IL2- Flight simulator for the PC named after the IL2 Sturmovik Russian bomer used in WW2. It was a landmark WW2 combat sim featuring planes from the Eastern front, mostly Russian and German....

FB- IL2 Forgotten Battles.... The sequel to IL2 Sturmovik which featured all the original content from IL2 and more.... adding American aircraft like the P-40,P-47,P-51 and the British Hurricaine.... the Me 262

The AEP- The Aces expansion Pack... a paid add on from the same company and publisher that brought the original eventually winding up with the Spitfire, Gladiator,and the A6M Zero and more along with more P-51s and a USAAF campaign.

PF- Pacific Fighters. The latest in the series and the last product under the IL2 engine which has been stretched almost to its limit but still has lots of life in it. With PF you get more Japanese aircraft..... Tonys, Oscars, Carrier landings, Pacific maps of Iwo, Guadal Canal, and Pearl..... and more....

PC based sims.. but more than games... top notch flight models,damage models and graphics to keep all but the most anal retentive, nit picky, compulsive obsessive busy. Using some of the pricey gadgets in ypur link..... Whooooo baby!!

EURO_Snoopy
03-19-2005, 10:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skycat_2:
My definition of the terms:

IL-2 -- the area of the store where software is located. Pronounced: "Aisle two."

IL-2:FB -- more specific directions. "Aisle two, further back."

AEP -- What is said when you find a cheap copy of the expansion pack, which you didn't buy when it came out but you now need in order to merge Forgotten Battles to Pacific Fighters; pronounced "Ayyypeeee!"

PF -- Commonly expressed sentiment towards Pacific Fighters in its released state without flyable torpdedo bombers or Betty; pronounced "Pffffffff." (Alternative usage: P/F means 'partially full' or 'partly finished.') <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

But I think you gave a more accurate overview HERE (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm)