PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable, but it happened!

Loc-Dog6
03-14-2005, 12:38 PM
A lot of stuff happens in real life, that you normally wouldn't believe. On the other hand, it's hard not to believe it when graphical evidence, with the story from the person that saw it tells it.

For instance, Major Richard Peterson tells us about his first kill in the P-51.

"Richard Peterson engages a German on one of his first missions."

Richard: Got so excited I.. d ... didn't realize I was holding the trigger down. And I'm shooting holes in the sky all over the place. And... whole lot to worry about, cause I was so excited. And I finally got strikes on this guy, and he pulled the canopy and bailed. He went drifting on by me, standing at attention, gave me a high ball salute, and pulled the rip cord. And I thought "Oh boy, that's pretty... that's pretty great!"

Loc-Dog6
03-14-2005, 12:38 PM
A lot of stuff happens in real life, that you normally wouldn't believe. On the other hand, it's hard not to believe it when graphical evidence, with the story from the person that saw it tells it.

For instance, Major Richard Peterson tells us about his first kill in the P-51.

"Richard Peterson engages a German on one of his first missions."

Richard: Got so excited I.. d ... didn't realize I was holding the trigger down. And I'm shooting holes in the sky all over the place. And... whole lot to worry about, cause I was so excited. And I finally got strikes on this guy, and he pulled the canopy and bailed. He went drifting on by me, standing at attention, gave me a high ball salute, and pulled the rip cord. And I thought "Oh boy, that's pretty... that's pretty great!"