PDA

View Full Version : Do you Really want Multiplayer???

silver_015
01-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Theres been many people asking for a multiplayer(mode) for the AC series. some want it in a patch, DLC or AC3.

Post why you do/dont agree?

personaly it would be great because you have to understand once people have finished the game and all the DLC, the game would'nt be played anymore. BUT a multiplayer would keep it fueled for a really long time.

GariStz
01-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by silver_015:
...the game wouldn't be played anymore...

I disagree. Since the moment I get my copy of AC1 for PC, I play it almost every day till now.

If I can do that with AC1, imagine what can I do with AC2...?

Seriously, Assassin's Creed is based on single-player experience, and as somebody said, "imagine 46 assassins jumping around...."

silver_015
01-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by GariStz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by silver_015:
...the game wouldn't be played anymore...

I disagree. Since the moment I get my copy of AC1 for PC, I play it almost every day till now.

If I can do that with AC1, imagine what can I do with AC2...?

Seriously, Assassin's Creed is based on single-player experience, and as somebody said, "imagine 46 assassins jumping around...." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but thats the thing, why do u imagine 46 assassins jumping around. why dont you imagine a mission bassed multiplayer where you work together with just a few of your friends. or taking on an army with your "46 assassins"

because i dont think of multiplayer as a bucket full of noobs that teamkill

Fenro
01-07-2010, 06:47 AM
In my honest opinion ive heard couple of very interesting ideas for Multiplayer action in AC, but i seariously dont like the idea of AC being a multiplayer game, even though the main ideas are good.

my vote is "no, never in a milion years"

-> 2 years later (AC2 "NOW WITH MULTIPLAYER ACTION!"!"#!)

Me : Well il be danmed it actualy happend *facepalm*

caswallawn_2k7
01-07-2010, 07:22 AM
nope just wouldn't work for the game, co-op play could work to an extent but it still wouldn't be great.

TheEpicWolf
01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
AC just doesn't seem like the type of game that needs multiplayer or have get any benefits from it. It's an amazing game and series so far and it hasn't needed MP yet, i just think there would be too many problems trying to fit it in.

FiskMunk
01-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Meh, I don't really care - It would be nice with some kind of races or something against, other players.

But nothing more than that.

OzDavis
01-07-2010, 09:26 AM
I must admit that racing against another player could be cool... and capture the flag would probably work too. Hmmm... maybe they could do a mini-game based around the carnival events with winning one of them the pre-requisite for unlocking the golden mask?

A co-op campaign mode might work too... something like Saint's Row 2 did.

But as for a MMO... with this combat system it's liable to fall flat on it's face!

GariStz
01-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by silver_015:
because i dont think of multiplayer as a bucket full of noobs that teamkill

I was sarcastic about those 46 assassins! Jesus!
I have a WIDE variety of what multiplayer is! With AC it wont work. As caswallawn_2k7 said, co-op will be okay, but otherwise...

silver_015
01-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by OzDavis:
this combat system it's liable to fall flat on it's face!
i somewhat agree the combat system wouldnt work in multiplayer but still this dosnt stop other ideas like races or whatnot.

ThePheonix1030
01-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Noooooooooooooo...

demo16
01-08-2010, 03:02 AM
Maybe SP Co-op but not multiplayer.

vI Demon Iv
01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Not every game has to have multiplayer. I don't get why people expect everyone to.
AC is one of those games that has never needed it and never will. It is a single player game and should remain so.

EDIT: "Theres been many people asking for a multiplayer(mode) for the AC series"
It seems the OP is the only one that actually wants this.
As others have said, a co-op is the ONLY way it could work, but then that's stupid. Who ever heard of multiple assassins going on the same mission? You wouldn't be an assassin then, you'd be a task force.

zebronly
01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Well,personally i think it would be awesome with all the free running ect. but for co-op it could be something like...Ezio & Federico (If only he wasn't executed) or make it like a separate game mode with all the characters from AC1-AC2 like it could be Altair and Ezio which would be pretty epic but yeah just an idea.

FiskMunk
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Why do some feel like it having to be realistic story-wise? Loosen up.

Like I said, I'm all for some minor games like races, CTF and such things involving the free running mechanic, and even a few co-op assassinations for fun, like some proposed. Also, just because you're more than one person doesn't mean you're not an assassin...

And I agree PvP-combat would just utterly fail with such magnitude that our ancestors would feel it.
Without a Transform-Genetic-Memories-Theory-Into-Million-Earning-Video-Game-Franchise-Machine.

Originally posted by demo16:
Maybe SP Co-op but not multiplayer.

And... Wait, what?

mantledarcanum
01-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Co-op might work.. if anything, for a set of mini-games.. compete against your friends to see how many minstrels can be shanked..or cooperate to solve a set of difficult puzzles. Things like that.

Bampire
01-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
Noooooooooooooo...

^^ 'Nuff Said.

ikevin95
01-09-2010, 06:49 PM
*** ye why wudnt you the game ends in less then 15 hours this game need multiplayer races or co op assasination contracts this is where the game looses out make multiplayer or this game sucks

InfernalTyrant
01-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Do I want multiplayer? Yes.
But it would have to be done right, just co-op stuff, that would be awesome.

Fayt912
01-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Yes and No for me I not really sure if its a good idea or not

ALTAIRXEZIO
01-10-2010, 12:18 AM
there should be some sort of multiplayer for AC2...

but fighting..... idk about that... it could work but they have to kind of make a new battle system witch would mess it up...

small stuff would be cool...

races, co-op, capture the flag, those kind of stuff...

RhedmondBarry
01-10-2010, 02:22 AM
In my opinion there should be co-op but no multiplayer. And only 2 person co-op. Just imagine having to plan an assassination with a buddy. You could have one person actually attack the target while the other would leap down from a rooftop moments later to aid with the guards and the escape. Which brings up the escape. You and your partner could split up causing the guards to as well, making their pursuit much harder. This would only be fun if there was some sort of character customization, because it wouldn't be too fun if you and your buddy looked the same. So they would have to add different character models, outfits, and voices. Obviously this is a pipe dream, but hey if it could be done it would keep me playing for months.

InfernalTyrant
01-10-2010, 02:41 AM
If they added co-op they'd have to add a voice functionality. I personally would be over the moon if this was brought in.

FiskMunk
01-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by InfernalTyrant:
If they added co-op they'd have to add a voice functionality. I personally would be over the moon if this was brought in. '

Then I'd stare down upon you and laugh as I was incinerated by the sun.

katz_bg
01-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Noooooooooooooo... Agreed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

BK-110
01-10-2010, 11:39 AM
A multiplayer for an Assassin's Creed game is not necessary and I don't care if one would be implemented, but if they did, and actually came up with a good concept and executed it well, I'd appreciate it.

An idea I have would be something like a coop side campaign focusing on the thieves. Customize your own thief and go on coop missions. Just a suggestion.

But it's really not necessary.

ACExTHEGAME
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
It would be good if it was like a free 4 all assassination contract for points or something like that

grashopper
01-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Noooooooooooooo...
Couldn't have said it any better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif