PDA

View Full Version : GET DOWN WILL YA!

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 08:53 PM
ive had this game for a couple days now , and i was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips on how to shoot down a plane, i dont think ive even hit a plane yet

P.S those ppl who help me now, i will go easy on once i am good http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 08:53 PM
ive had this game for a couple days now , and i was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips on how to shoot down a plane, i dont think ive even hit a plane yet

P.S those ppl who help me now, i will go easy on once i am good http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 08:59 PM
I would bet your shooting from to far away. Try shooting at under 200m.

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland
<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/hartm1-2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 09:01 PM
The best way to train is to do a QMB and select some friendly planes first. Slow bombers etc. Then practice your gunnery and they will just fly pretty straight (even though they will get annoyed at you ).

It gives you a chance to practice without getting shot at.

Another thing to consider is the convergance range of your Guns/Cannons, Set it at 200 or 300 metres and dont fire untill the enemy is at that range. I like to slow down a bit and deploy combat flaps to give me more time to make a shot. After a while you will start getting hits.

Once you feel happy with that, try some enemy planes in QMB and repeat the process. I'm by no means a good shot, but the above helped when I started playing.

<center>
http://blankgiro.freewebspace.com/IL2/soapy112th.jpg
</center>

ShadowHawk__
06-29-2003, 09:22 PM
The main rule to arial gunnery: wait until you think you're too close then get closer. Don't shoot into his tail, aim for valuable pieces like engines or pilots. If you have cannons or lots of heavy caliber machine guns try aiming for the wing roots and you might take off a wing. You can fire into his tail all day long and never bring him down (particularily on early soviet aircraft ie: I-16 and I-153)

-Death From Above

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 09:43 PM
ah right cheers lads, and what is a good bomber to practice against,cos i dont have a clue as to what planes r what yet, and what fighter do u think i should b?

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 09:55 PM
For the begining try using He111 as targe,and fly a Bf109K with Mk103 gunpods or a Fw-190 with Dual Mg 151 pods, or if you prefer the soviet's then use Pe2 or Pe8 as target, and fly a Yak9T,K, and then try using lighter weaponry and more accurate shots.
Good hunting

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Try practicing deflection shooting. Aim where the plane will be in a second or two and fire, letting the plane fly right into your bullets. Lots of fun and can give you a great advantage.

I used to be fantastic in CFS1 using a Spit with .303s. Fired them like a sniper, just had the feel of it. Much harder in IL2 with the Hurricane but still a heck of a lot of fun.

You can always take a gunner's seat in a bomber and watch how the enemy AI lines up on you. Might give you some insights.

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 10:49 PM
The Hurry Mk2b is great for practiceing deflection shoting

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Von Zero is right. Give it a try.

Also, when you go after the bombers, do some boomin' & zoomin'. Give yourself a thousand feet or more of vertical advantage, wait until you're right over them, then flip upside down and drop right on top of them, firing when you're close enough to smell them. Then use your built up speed to come right back up in front of them, gain the same height advantage and do it all over again.

I'm no hotshot sim-pilot, but this saved me from taking horrible beatings playing around on a bomber's six. Most of the time I can boom & zoom until I run dry. Great graphics, great fun.

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 02:43 AM
If you want to shot down a plane just fly the Hurri IIc.

and use your elevator trim to help reduce the nose bounce of your plane.