PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.10 - still experiencing freezing?

saka12
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi!

Obtained brand new copy of AC March 5 2008 with a brand new 40gb PS3. Updated firmware to the latest version (2.10).

Updated AC before playing to 1.10 as well (25MB patch). Information board is disabled, and have tried with and without internet access activated. I have the PS3 configured for 1080 resolution and is connected to a Toshiba HDTV through HDMI. (The game has been fully reinstalled and new save game created many times to try to get rid of the problem.)

I am experiencing random game freezes during gameplay. It does not seems tied to time of play, since it can crash 1 minute into a game session or 1 hour. (I rarely get to 1 hour without a freeze).

When the game freezes, 90% of the time all controls are unresponsive while audio continues (no audio loops). HUD animations and on screen animations are locked up as well. In those cases, full hardware reboot is required (either through back power switch or power down)

In around 10% of the crashes, the PS button is still active, allowing me to "Quit game". In those cases, the PS3 goes into the "Please wait" mode and finally reboots after some time.

In both freeze cases the Playstation needs to be rebooted and the game relaunched.

Freezes seem to happen when the character is crossing a "loading" zone. I noticed that most of my crashes would happen when sprinting quickly through a zone, although sometimes the freeze would happen while walking. ( I guess crossing some imaginary line ) My instinct would tell me the bug is related to zone changing or loading.

The game is barely playable in this state, and this is a real shame. It looks stunning in this configuration, and the gameplay is awesome.

Is Ubisoft still investigating further, or is the search for this problem over (since 1.10 was supposed to fix the issue) ?

Thanks!

Ben

saka12
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi!

Obtained brand new copy of AC March 5 2008 with a brand new 40gb PS3. Updated firmware to the latest version (2.10).

Updated AC before playing to 1.10 as well (25MB patch). Information board is disabled, and have tried with and without internet access activated. I have the PS3 configured for 1080 resolution and is connected to a Toshiba HDTV through HDMI. (The game has been fully reinstalled and new save game created many times to try to get rid of the problem.)

I am experiencing random game freezes during gameplay. It does not seems tied to time of play, since it can crash 1 minute into a game session or 1 hour. (I rarely get to 1 hour without a freeze).

When the game freezes, 90% of the time all controls are unresponsive while audio continues (no audio loops). HUD animations and on screen animations are locked up as well. In those cases, full hardware reboot is required (either through back power switch or power down)

In around 10% of the crashes, the PS button is still active, allowing me to "Quit game". In those cases, the PS3 goes into the "Please wait" mode and finally reboots after some time.

In both freeze cases the Playstation needs to be rebooted and the game relaunched.

Freezes seem to happen when the character is crossing a "loading" zone. I noticed that most of my crashes would happen when sprinting quickly through a zone, although sometimes the freeze would happen while walking. ( I guess crossing some imaginary line ) My instinct would tell me the bug is related to zone changing or loading.

The game is barely playable in this state, and this is a real shame. It looks stunning in this configuration, and the gameplay is awesome.

Is Ubisoft still investigating further, or is the search for this problem over (since 1.10 was supposed to fix the issue) ?

Thanks!

Ben

ltolman
03-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Here is the thread about the PS3 issues:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4951053316

As far as my immediate tech assistance I would suggest restoring your PS3 to its default settings, then turn off, wait 5minutes

Turn on and update PS3 again

Once updated turn off, wait 5minutes

Put in Assassins Creed

Let it auto update and try it again.

If it still persists does it freeze up on any other games? I'm thinking now you will tell me that you have no other games huh??? You can go to Playstation Store and try downloading some demos and see if it freezes up too. Cause if it does, you know for a fact that it isnt AC related; which means that your PS3 is defective. Obviously if you've tested on an hour or two straight on another game and it doesnt freeze up; perhaps theres a scratch on the AC disc; exchange the disc

Not too sure what to say outside of that

I havent had any issues and that would be my remedy.

saka12
03-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Sup Itolman,

Thanks for replying!

I have tried system restore, created a new save, new user and started over. Issue still persists. Disc itself is in perfect-mint condition.

I have tried several other games. Finished Army of TWO and Devil May Cry 4 and currently going through Ghost Recon: Advanced war fighter.

All of these games perform flawlessly; so I'm certain the PS3 unit is in good condition.

Any other suggestion?

ltolman
03-24-2008, 05:51 PM
most retailers will allow you to exchange the product within 90days with receipt; so thats what I would do.

Id exchange your AC for another AC and see if you have any improvements.

Just tell the associate there might be a hidden or missing file somewhere in that disc because you cant get it to work and your other games do.

Oh and please note the differences heh:

itolman
ltolman