PDA

View Full Version : AI FW/109 do not make frontal attacks

harold x
04-08-2005, 02:49 AM
According to ex german pilots frontal attacks were made against formations of b17s.I have noticed that in BOE luftwaffe pilots always attack from the rear and not the front. Clearly justflight have made a major cockup. any comments

tigertalon
04-08-2005, 02:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by harold x:
According to ex german pilots frontal attacks were made against formations of b17s.I have noticed that in BOE luftwaffe pilots always attack from the rear and not the front. Clearly justflight have made a major cockup. any comments <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree, usually they prefer to attack from rear. Nevertheless, I made them attack headon once, for screenshot purposes. But can't remember how...

harold x
04-08-2005, 02:59 AM
I have reied to attempt frontal attacks.failed every time. i cannot line my attack with the direction of b17s any help

JG54_Arnie
04-08-2005, 03:21 AM
The only do frontal attacks when on veteran or ace level. And even then its only their first attack when coming from the front, after that they just go in from the six again.

Monson74
04-08-2005, 03:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by harold x:
I have reied to attempt frontal attacks.failed every time. i cannot line my attack with the direction of b17s any help <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got to know were they are going & sort of cut them of by adjusting your own direction all the time. Use the QMB to practice. Start by climbing to 500m above them & keep them in your sight but slightly below. Be careful that you don't change your flight path too much - it's a very delicate matter. I could send you a track if you are interested. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The190Flyer
04-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Yeah, true in lower experience levels they don't attack head on. I think it would be cool if they attacked from the sun, like they actually did in WWII!

plumps_
04-08-2005, 08:10 AM
According to ex german pilots frontal attacks were made against formations of b17s.I have noticed that in BOE luftwaffe pilots always attack from the rear and not the front. Clearly justflight have made a major cockup. any comments <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This has nothing to do with BOE and Justflight. It's rather the way fighter vs. bomber AI engagements are coded in Forgotten Battles. In fighter vs. fighter engagements Ace and Veteran AI will attack head-on, against bombers they won't.

carguy_
04-08-2005, 08:38 AM
An opportunity to refresh a topic that says much about how stupid is German AI compared to allies AI.

Mostly because allies have T&B planes and AI knows how to T&B(with few exceptions vide P47/P51/Mig3) whereas German planes even when they try to climb&dive at first encounter they continue onto T&B so the outcome of AIvsAI battles are silly.

Moreover you can`t hake a AI Spitfire once it gets on yer six.

LW AI is pathetic because all they have is B&Z planes.

LStarosta
04-08-2005, 08:47 AM
If you want to make headon attacks you need to imagine velocity vectors of both your aircraft and the aircraft you're trying to shoot down. In other words, imagine a straight line representing where the enemy will be and then put your gunsight on it and fire when you think the moment is right. Don't forget to give it plenty of deflection, especially if your opponent is not flying a perfect head on but is a few degrees off either up down left or right.