PDA

View Full Version : Help

Cmte. Carvalho
02-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi guys;

My computer is just acting very strange since about 3 days ago... Many applications are being suddenly closed, even IL-2, and sometimes some weird messages appear in the screen. Also that one saying that "an error had been encountered and the Explorer.Exe will have to be closed" or something like that... I have AVG Antivirus, Spybot Search & Destroy and also Webroot's Spy Sweeper, everything up to date, and they tell that everything's ok... Do you think i'll have to format the HD? I hate to do that...

Thank you.

cwojackson
02-06-2005, 08:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cmte. Carvalho:
Hi guys;

My computer is just acting very strange since about 3 days ago... Many applications are being suddenly closed, even IL-2, and sometimes some weird messages appear in the screen. Also that one saying that "an error had been encountered and the Explorer.Exe will have to be closed" or something like that... I have AVG Antivirus, Spybot Search & Destroy and also Webroot's Spy Sweeper, everything up to date, and they tell that everything's ok... Do you think i'll have to format the HD? I hate to do that...

Thank you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>How full are your hard drives?

LEXX_Luthor
02-06-2005, 08:54 PM
You have ad ware.

HiJack This helped me also. That and watching what popped up running in the Task Manager when those messages appeared or my computer started slowing down, then tracking them down and Deleting them. Somewhere along the way I Deleted the Windows Installer or something it needed and could not install PF until I re~formatted...PF was my only software purchase late lazt year after I had got rid of my Spyware/Adware problems.

If you do have to re~format, download FireFox and use it.

Spider_439th
02-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Maybe you have a virus in your computer, try scanning with www.antivirus.com (http://www.antivirus.com) and try free online scan AVG is good but some times not enough! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tully__
02-07-2005, 03:28 AM
Post your problem in the Community Help forum. It could be a number of things includging (but not limited to):

Adware
Virus
Heat issues (dust in your heatsinks)
Dying power supply
Full hard drive
Dying memory
A faulty connection

WOLFMondo
02-07-2005, 06:03 AM
What OS do you have? And have you got all the latest updates for it?

Cmte. Carvalho
02-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone;

I'm using Windows XP SP1 with all updates for it installed. About the hard drive, it has 20 gb capacity and now i'm using 16.8 Gb, 2.20 Gb left... For memory i'm using two cards, one of 256 Mb DDR266 and another 512 DDR333. Processor is an AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz and motherboard an Asus A7N8X-X...

That's it, thanks.