PDA

View Full Version : Clowning around Achievement

Rogue Agent 035
11-06-2011, 12:39 AM
OK..., I'm just starting another playthrough of ACB in prep for ACR's story an have really 2 questions bout each ACB/ACR....

First, I have heard..., but like AC2/Brotherhood..., will ACR begin directly after the end of brotherhood? I watched the narrative trailer of Ezio's letter to Claudia an he mentions of "After leaving for Acre 10 months ago" So I'm (an I hate doing so...,) But I'm assuming no, but a question never asked is a dumb one. Now on to the thread title question...

As I said, just started ACB blah...blah..., blah..., so to get this achievement, do I need to playthrough to the Da Vinci Disappearance to get the achievement or can it be done anytime. Cause my main goal here is to "Play catch-up" so I better understand the ACR story (if in fact it does start off where brotherhood ends) an may not touch ACB until after ACR.

Thanks in advance...

JDumas - Rouge Agent 035

Rogue Agent 035
11-06-2011, 12:39 AM
OK..., I'm just starting another playthrough of ACB in prep for ACR's story an have really 2 questions bout each ACB/ACR....

First, I have heard..., but like AC2/Brotherhood..., will ACR begin directly after the end of brotherhood? I watched the narrative trailer of Ezio's letter to Claudia an he mentions of "After leaving for Acre 10 months ago" So I'm (an I hate doing so...,) But I'm assuming no, but a question never asked is a dumb one. Now on to the thread title question...

As I said, just started ACB blah...blah..., blah..., so to get this achievement, do I need to playthrough to the Da Vinci Disappearance to get the achievement or can it be done anytime. Cause my main goal here is to "Play catch-up" so I better understand the ACR story (if in fact it does start off where brotherhood ends) an may not touch ACB until after ACR.

Thanks in advance...

JDumas - Rouge Agent 035

Altair661
11-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Im confused as to what acheivement your talking about...

Rogue Agent 035
11-06-2011, 02:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Im confused as to what acheivement your talking about... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Clowning around achievement is the one where you have to beat-up (not kill) 5 harlequins which are either near water or in a dangerous postion to being drowned. I know the location of all 5, but each time I go there (either night er day) they're are not there. So as I said, since I'm only on seq 4 (as of now) that has lead me to think maybe it's only during the Da Vinci DLC which I do have an can access it, but choose to wait till the main story is complete.

Rogue Agent 035
11-06-2011, 03:35 PM
OK.... While waiting to find out bout the clowning around achievement..., I decided to attempt the strong arm achievement, (Throw a Heavy, a Long, and a smoke bomb 10m at a group of guards). I've done this achievement 5 times (correctly), but lo an behold the achievement did NOT kick in. Granted..., I ateempted it in Sequence 5 an not the DLC, could that have any bearing on why these achievements are not kicking in.

JDumas

Altair661
11-06-2011, 03:47 PM
... I've never heard of the clowing around one. As for the other it shouldn't matter where or when you do it. If you did correctly it should pop up.

Altair661
11-06-2011, 03:47 PM
You may just have a glitch, have you done the updates/ have xbox live?

Rogue Agent 035
11-06-2011, 03:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
You may just have a glitch, have you done the updates/ have xbox live? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.. lol..., duh, but about to

Thanks brtha

notafanboy
11-06-2011, 04:09 PM
if you want your acheivment youŽll have to take it from me ! muhahahaha !!!!!

Krayus Korianis
11-06-2011, 05:28 PM
The Harlequins are around the water areas of the Tevere (Tiber). The 5th one is by the Templar Tower near Bartolomeo's barracks. It's up on a hill overlooking the water.

You'll need to use your fists to get all 5 beat up, can't kill'em but if you do, they respawn after a bit.

Serrachio
11-06-2011, 06:04 PM
To get this achievement, you must have downloaded the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC.

I'm pretty sure you can do it at any time, provided you have the DLC on your system.

Rogue Agent 035
11-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Thnx guys..., yeah, I've smoke bombed 2 outta 5 so far (the ones near the water) an am slowly makin my way to the Achievement, thank god fer eagle vison. As fer the other achievement I was askin bout, got it..., no glitch, just stupidity, upon lookin at the achievement in the dashboard, I suddenly realized that it said "MORE than 10m..., NOT just 10m as I was originally doing.

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2011, 07:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
To get this achievement, you must have downloaded the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC.

I'm pretty sure you can do it at any time, provided you have the DLC on your system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you have to be able to access the DLC in the game first to make them spawn. That's after Sequence 3's "The Double Agent" mission is complete.

You need to have Notoriety become available in the game or the game won't let you access it.