PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Campaign

TrifleSerenade
06-28-2010, 06:13 PM
When I first heard about Brotherhood and the addition of multiplayer I thought of how epic a cooperative campaign would be. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif You and you're sibling's could do missions together with greater efficiency as you could do team assassinations and you could fight off great hordes of enemy soldiers. But it was not to be. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif "An Assassins Creed online multiplyer?!" I scoffed, cringing at the very thought. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif Assassins Creed is all about the campaign (as with all games in my opinion)and I could never see it as a online deathmatch game... Can we agree for the sake of the next Assassins Creed game they should try and focus on a cooperative game as opposed to a versus game? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

TrifleSerenade
06-28-2010, 06:13 PM
When I first heard about Brotherhood and the addition of multiplayer I thought of how epic a cooperative campaign would be. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif You and you're sibling's could do missions together with greater efficiency as you could do team assassinations and you could fight off great hordes of enemy soldiers. But it was not to be. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif "An Assassins Creed online multiplyer?!" I scoffed, cringing at the very thought. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif Assassins Creed is all about the campaign (as with all games in my opinion)and I could never see it as a online deathmatch game... Can we agree for the sake of the next Assassins Creed game they should try and focus on a cooperative game as opposed to a versus game? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Murcuseo
06-28-2010, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> <span class="ev_code_RED">PSM3: Did you consider incorporating a co-operative mode into the single-player?</span>

VP: We have a problem with co-op. We did consider it, but the thing is, we've been considering it since the first Assassins Creed. We haven't justified it yet, and in our universe everything is justified. A subject wouldn't be able to have two ancestors at the same time. It just doesn't work in that world. We're justifying the multi-player with the Templar universe. That allows us a brand new range of options to tell a different story. We'll find a way for co-op. It's going to be there for sure... eventually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give them some way of justfying it and I'm sure they'll put it in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FishSaidNo
06-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Yeah, a co-op campaign would be awesome even if it's just a couple of levels or side-story line it is applicable to. If Ubi read this, give it some thought eh?

SchwiftyCrooze
06-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Alright, First off, they can't put an Assassin's Creed Co-op in yet because the creators of the game want to be able to justify everything. The reason for the multiplayer is that it is a Templar Training mission. The creators are seriously considering Co-op and would put it in but they need to find a way to "justify it". If you dont believe me I will put a link here.http://www.co-optimus.com/arti...s-not-co-op-yet.html (http://www.co-optimus.com/article/4171/assassins-creed-brotherhood-looks-co-op-is-not-co-op-yet.html)

bokeef04
06-29-2010, 05:55 PM
why can't the templars be doing co-op training aswell? they are already hooking numerous animi up together, so why can't 2 of those people team up to take out a 3rd target

i find it stupid saying they need to justify it when their whole justification for multiplayer is it's the templars doing the training, why have they suddenly decided to do the training now? was Desmond's escape that bad that they now need an assassin army?

EzioAssassin51
06-29-2010, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:
why can't the templars be doing co-op training aswell? they are already hooking numerous animi up together, so why can't 2 of those people team up to take out a 3rd target

i find it stupid saying they need to justify it when their whole justification for multiplayer is it's the templars doing the training, why have they suddenly decided to do the training now? was Desmond's escape that bad that they now need an assassin army? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The multiplayer story is cannon so they are using the Animus for the bleeding affect to give them assassin skills to, i assume, fight them in AC3!

And Vidic could see Mr. Miles had gotten a lot stronger and thought he would need his own Templar assassins to fight them off, as all the assassins are slowly getting stronger, whihc is why they are killing them off!

bokeef04
06-29-2010, 06:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:

i find it stupid saying they need to justify it when their whole justification for multiplayer is it's the templars doing the training, why have they suddenly decided to do the training now? was Desmond's escape that bad that they now need an assassin army? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The multiplayer story is cannon so they are using the Animus for the bleeding affect to give them assassin skills to, i assume, fight them in AC3!

And Vidic could see Mr. Miles had gotten a lot stronger and thought he would need his own Templar assassins to fight them off, as all the assassins are slowly getting stronger, whihc is why they are killing them off! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's canon because they say it is, but what, can't people work together towards a single goal in 2012? my problem is with them having multiplayer but no co-op multiplayer, i can understand no co-op in the SP

look at it this way, are the templars going to attack like the guards in AC1/2, take a number and go one at a time, or would it be more advantageous for 3 or 4 to work together to kill a single assassin

El_Sjietah
06-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Co-op training could work, but you wouldn't be reliving actual memories then. They'd be situations created by the Templars themselves, like the multiplayer maps. So as a stand alone feature with seperate missions, sure, but incorporating it into the singleplayer story would be tricky.

bokeef04
06-30-2010, 05:00 AM
i don't mind if it's not part of the SP story and i understand that it wouldn't fit in overly well, despite Ezio training assassin's to help him in the main story, but surely they could have it like the MP, i really just want some splitscreen co-op aswell as splitscreen vs, i'm finding it increasingly hard to find a good offline co-op game that isn't a shooter(and even those are getting hard to find)

Account_Deleted
06-30-2010, 05:59 AM
AC : Spec ops?
just like COD:MW2,
but over the net/split screen,

as with " 2 ancestors in same place"

your co-op could be one of the assassins Ezio recruits?

or could work with Templer,
with taking down assassin guilds

PlagueDoctor357
06-30-2010, 09:24 PM
What I don't get is why are these Templars ancestors running around stabbing each other to death?

Azugo
06-30-2010, 10:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
What I don't get is why are these Templars ancestors running around stabbing each other to death? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Training?

Anyway, ever since I heard about Brotherhood, I've been hoping for a co-op mode. It's not looking good, though.

jeo_934
06-30-2010, 10:45 PM
i think that the co-op would be kind of dumb and pointless unless

Azugo
06-30-2010, 10:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeo_934:
i think that the co-op would be kind of dumb and pointless unless </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless what?

Also, I totally disagree with you. A co-op mode would be amazing.

EzioAssassin51
07-01-2010, 02:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeo_934:
i think that the co-op would be kind of dumb and pointless unless </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless what?

Also, I totally disagree with you. A co-op mode would be amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know! There are so many possiblities! Take Halo for example!

You have tons of modes you can play offline and online with a spilt-screen for offline so why can't we have that with AC? That would be great to have some Halo Modes like Juggernaut and Capture the Flag (some people have discusses these in other threads)!

El_Sjietah
07-01-2010, 04:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

You have tons of modes you can play offline and online with a spilt-screen for offline so why can't we have that with AC? That would be great to have some Halo Modes like Juggernaut and Capture the Flag (some people have discusses these in other threads)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those aren't co-op though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EzioAssassin51
07-01-2010, 04:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

You have tons of modes you can play offline and online with a spilt-screen for offline so why can't we have that with AC? That would be great to have some Halo Modes like Juggernaut and Capture the Flag (some people have discusses these in other threads)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those aren't co-op though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh right...

But they'd still be decent offline modes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

El_Sjietah
07-01-2010, 04:19 AM
Aye, that they would.

Ru1986
07-01-2010, 04:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> <span class="ev_code_RED">PSM3: Did you consider incorporating a co-operative mode into the single-player?</span>

VP: We have a problem with co-op. We did consider it, but the thing is, we've been considering it since the first Assassins Creed. We haven't justified it yet, and in our universe everything is justified. A subject wouldn't be able to have two ancestors at the same time. It just doesn't work in that world. We're justifying the multi-player with the Templar universe. That allows us a brand new range of options to tell a different story. We'll find a way for co-op. It's going to be there for sure... eventually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give them some way of justfying it and I'm sure they'll put it in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well could they not adopt this angle. Say we get a new assassin for AC3 (not Ezio/Altair) which is more than likely. He could have a brother/sister or even a new family init the mix? So a bit like making Federico Auditore an assassin with Ezio although he was a bit geeky.

EzioAssassin51
07-01-2010, 05:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Give them some way of justfying it and I'm sure they'll put it in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well could they not adopt this angle. Say we get a new assassin for AC3 (not Ezio/Altair) which is more than likely. He could have a brother/sister or even a new family init the mix? So a bit like making Federico Auditore an assassin with Ezio although he was a bit geeky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is actually a GOOD IDEA!!!!!!

TrifleSerenade
07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
AC : Spec ops?
just like COD:MW2,
but over the net/split screen,

as with " 2 ancestors in same place"

your co-op could be one of the assassins Ezio recruits?

or could work with Templer,
with taking down assassin guilds </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is what I was thinking. The second player doesn't have to be in the animus they could just play along as a recruit in the past, for the lolz...

TrifleSerenade
07-01-2010, 12:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:

Well could they not adopt this angle. Say we get a new assassin for AC3 (not Ezio/Altair) which is more than likely. He could have a brother/sister or even a new family init the mix? So a bit like making Federico Auditore an assassin with Ezio although he was a bit geeky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is actually a GOOD IDEA!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fantastic! Do it and I will be most pleased...

Murcuseo
07-01-2010, 12:35 PM

I think the point was due to the way the animus works, the user can't access more than one memory at a time and he would be accessing 2 to manage 2 ancestors. The only way it would work is if you have 2 animi that are connected plus 2 direct decendants in the same memory at the same time on 2 different ancestors. If Desmond has a brother it might be possible...