PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Save Game

Noggin_1
01-16-2011, 06:31 AM
I HATE You UBI. Maybe hate is a strong word, but I am definitely very frustrated with you. At this moment I do not plan on supporting your company with future purchases as the frustration I've felt with your save game system in Assassin's Creed II is not worth the enjoyment I've received from the game.

Some people will say, "If you enjoyed the game, just play it through again!" But I do not enjoy playing games multiple times. I get most of the enjoyment out of seeing where the story goes. If I play it again, I already know where it's going and the enjoyment just isn't there. The ONLY game I've played through more than once (completely) in as far back as I can remember is Bionic Commando on the NES (played and beat it every Saturday morning as a child) and Batman Arkham Asylum.

So here I am, playing ACII and loving the hell out of it. Wake up one Saturday and boot the game.... only to find that the game quit saving shortly after I received my hidden blades. I lost about 8 hours and 2 or 3 "sequences". I scoured the net looking for ways to recover my save game. I found one post saying how to do it by copying files named 1.save and 2.save... but it didn't work in my case.

And now it has happened again. I'm back to sequence 8 when the last sequence I was in was 11.

I take it back. At this moment, I hate you ubi. Hate is the right word, for now.

Noggin_1
01-16-2011, 06:31 AM
I HATE You UBI. Maybe hate is a strong word, but I am definitely very frustrated with you. At this moment I do not plan on supporting your company with future purchases as the frustration I've felt with your save game system in Assassin's Creed II is not worth the enjoyment I've received from the game.

Some people will say, "If you enjoyed the game, just play it through again!" But I do not enjoy playing games multiple times. I get most of the enjoyment out of seeing where the story goes. If I play it again, I already know where it's going and the enjoyment just isn't there. The ONLY game I've played through more than once (completely) in as far back as I can remember is Bionic Commando on the NES (played and beat it every Saturday morning as a child) and Batman Arkham Asylum.

So here I am, playing ACII and loving the hell out of it. Wake up one Saturday and boot the game.... only to find that the game quit saving shortly after I received my hidden blades. I lost about 8 hours and 2 or 3 "sequences". I scoured the net looking for ways to recover my save game. I found one post saying how to do it by copying files named 1.save and 2.save... but it didn't work in my case.

And now it has happened again. I'm back to sequence 8 when the last sequence I was in was 11.

I take it back. At this moment, I hate you ubi. Hate is the right word, for now.

rileypoole1234
01-16-2011, 06:50 AM
First off, Hate is the wrong word. Second off, you should post this here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4721051016

Noggin_1
01-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Don't presume to know my feelings.

I would argue that I posted this in the right place. I didn't ask for help, I was discussing my thoughts on ACII and it's save game system.

PhiIs1618033
01-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Funny thing is, it's probably not even Ubi's fault.

EmTeedee
01-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Exact same thing happened to me today.
Played last night, until 5:54, logged in today and all progress since 1:39 lost.

I actually recommended the game to some friends, need to make sure they know about this before wasting their money.

Mr_Shade
01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Please contact Ubisoft support: They my be able to point you to a solution.

There is a link in my signature.

LordWolv
01-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Something worse happened to me. I got to sequence 12, and next morning my save file was COMPLETELY gone. You should have seen my face, I went into a massive rage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtVw3agHTwo) against my Xbox 360.

Krayus Korianis
01-16-2011, 01:04 PM
This is what happens when you play a DRM online needed game.

ElleCore
01-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I never had this problem and I played the game 7 times trough.

And wow I forgot this game has DRM. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Noggin_1
01-17-2011, 05:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Funny thing is, it's probably not even Ubi's fault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I understand that Ubi may not be directly responsible for it but their name is the one stamped on the box so they get the blame. Someone thought the save scheme was a good idea. Someone agreed with it. Someone implemented to it. Someone probably objected to it. But Ubi is the one that approved it for sale and Ubi is the one that put it on the shelves.

I guess I'm going to load ACII up again and rush through the game. I'm just so peeved... I was RIGHT AT THE END and now I don't even think I'm in Venice yet. I'll have to decide if I want to redo all of the just-as-infernal jumping puzzles called assassins tombs (I probably will, when I went to the chamber I only had one seal missing) and all of the templar tombs again as well (probably wont, I hate jumping puzzles but we'll see... its hard for me to pass up a symbol on the map).

Noggin_1
01-17-2011, 05:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Please contact Ubisoft support: They my be able to point you to a solution.

There is a link in my signature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll contact Ubi support. My prediction is that they will be 100% useless. My hope is that I come back here and eat crow.

justinpunny
01-17-2011, 05:39 AM

Just as a side note, this has been a known issue with the 'AC2 PC' version. You can ignore this method, if you have already tried it before.

* Make sure you don't use the ONLINE savegame feature, because sometimes this feature reverts back. Disable this via the Game launcher. Check the GEAR icon, and it should ask you to disable the Saves from being stored online. Also there is one settings.ini file where you have installed the game launcher, under 'C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\UBI GameLauncher'. check this file, and change this line i.e. 'SaveOnline=false'. Make sure the value is not set to True.

If you do the above, the Saves are usually located under the following path, C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Storage. e.g. 'C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\storage\some Random numbers e.g. ZP5nbQ9j]\4' etc.

Others can also read this TOPIC, and try the solution posted by 'InDebt08', if you using Windows 7 or Vista:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1051016/m/5791079009 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/5791079009)

Noggin_1
01-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Thanks Justinpunny.

And Ubi support was a joke, just like I suspected. I received an auto-response with help on how to complete a few different missions.

However, this wasn't supposed to be about tech support. It was more of a rant about the worthlessness of the save system.