PDA

View Full Version : CH Products Pro Throttle Question

badbeat2005
03-28-2005, 07:12 AM
I recently upgraded to the USB version of the CH Products Pro Pedals, throttle and joystick and have been flying this sim for a month. Has anyone found a use for the little micro joystick at the thumb position on the throttle? I believe the gameport version had a hat switch here, which seemed more functional.

HeinzBar
03-28-2005, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by badbeat2005:
I recently upgraded to the USB version of the CH Products Pro Pedals, throttle and joystick and have been flying this sim for a month. Has anyone found a use for the little micro joystick at the thumb position on the throttle? I believe the gameport version had a hat switch here, which seemed more functional. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

s!,
The mini-stick is used to switch modes. By pressing the 'ms', it allows you to access more commands if you've the buttons assigned. There are 3 modes to choose from. Additionally, you can set the 'ms' to be used as a mouse-view. This will allow you to pan w/o using the limited snap views.

HB

Iron_Hand1
03-28-2005, 08:06 AM
There are many, many options for things you can do with the ministick. go here and look around,or ask them a question if you want.
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/

RevvinUK
03-28-2005, 08:15 AM
You can quite easily map that ministick as a four way hat if you like so I'd say it's just as flexible as the old gameport version as you can have the best of both worlds. Do a search in the programming forum in the link Iron_Hand1 posted above and you'll see various ways of programming it.

badbeat2005
03-28-2005, 08:33 AM
I forgot to mention that I use TrackIR so the view panning isn't really necessary for me. It looks like I'll have to dig out the manual and do some programming.

Thanks for the info.

WWSensei
03-28-2005, 11:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by badbeat2005:
I recently upgraded to the USB version of the CH Products Pro Pedals, throttle and joystick and have been flying this sim for a month. Has anyone found a use for the little micro joystick at the thumb position on the throttle? I believe the gameport version had a hat switch here, which seemed more functional. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I set it to do a couple of things. I put it in key gen mode so when I push up on the MS it re-centers TIR. Push down and it pauses TIR. If I push or pull back it applies brakes.

For the brakes just set it for key repeat of 1 step and gen the key you mapped to brakes...works for me. ;-)

BuzzU
03-28-2005, 11:37 AM
You can program it to do anything the other switches do. Originally, I think it was put there for mouse look. I did use it for that before TrackIR. I use it for voice commands now.

mikeforce10539
03-28-2005, 03:00 PM
I use it for rudder and elevator trim! There are several modes available including mapping the axises to HOTAS Controls in game but I prefer using the INC/DEC/NULL UP/DOWN Programmed function. I used to use it in DX/ Mouse Mode in Fighter Ace. Good Luck!