PDA

View Full Version : AC:B Online Questions

DrumHero
11-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I had a few questions, as I'm likely only going to purchase either Black Ops or Assassin's Creed. It'll be hard to afford them both.

So.. When you're being pursued and a chase begins online, what exactly is the point of hiding in the haystacks if the compass shows them your location anyways? Or does it not?

I've watched countless youtube beta gameplay videos and the game does indeed look amazingly fun.

However, I'm somewhat concerned that the game may not have the replayability that we all hope for due to the lack of maps and game modes.

So if you beta tested this, what exactly do you think? Will this game be fun for months to come online? Will it get old after a couple of months maybe? Just let me know what you think. Black Ops will be the same old shoot-em-up. This will be an amazing new experience, just don't know how long it will last.

Ever since I bought my PS3 (about a month ago) I have been looking for online games that I really enjoy, seeing as how I played a PS2 online game for nearly 2-3 years. (Socom 1-3)

Thanks in advance!

PSN: D_r_u_m_H_e_r_o

DrumHero
11-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I had a few questions, as I'm likely only going to purchase either Black Ops or Assassin's Creed. It'll be hard to afford them both.

So.. When you're being pursued and a chase begins online, what exactly is the point of hiding in the haystacks if the compass shows them your location anyways? Or does it not?

I've watched countless youtube beta gameplay videos and the game does indeed look amazingly fun.

However, I'm somewhat concerned that the game may not have the replayability that we all hope for due to the lack of maps and game modes.

So if you beta tested this, what exactly do you think? Will this game be fun for months to come online? Will it get old after a couple of months maybe? Just let me know what you think. Black Ops will be the same old shoot-em-up. This will be an amazing new experience, just don't know how long it will last.

Ever since I bought my PS3 (about a month ago) I have been looking for online games that I really enjoy, seeing as how I played a PS2 online game for nearly 2-3 years. (Socom 1-3)

Thanks in advance!

PSN: D_r_u_m_H_e_r_o

beanodad
11-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Well seeing you posted this on an assassin's creed forum, most of the answers are going to be the same http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But seriously, yeah you should get It as it's going to be waaay better than black ops.

As for the compass thing, during the beta, sometimes it malfunctioned for me, it would have said that I was right next to my target, I thought I spotted them, the character had the exact same skin so I tried to assassinate...

Only to see the person dissolve and a 'missed target sign' came up like 25 metres from me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

PhiIs1618033
11-04-2010, 03:30 PM
The compass isn't all that exact, it seems. In a haystack, you aren't visible and if someone kills you, it's because they figured out you were in there because there was nobody else around.

There will be more modes and more maps for the multiplayer.

Also, AC:B gets pluspoints for having a unique story. Black Ops seems more run-of-the-mill to me, your basic FPS-storyline.

RandomRansom
11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Here's the quick and dirty answer.

Any hiding spot (be it hay, a group of people mobile/immobile, or anywhere you can blend) causes your escape meter to decrease faster as long as your target didn't see you enter the hiding spot.

Chances of them assassinating you go down, of course, if there is one or more NPCs that look like you. More chances they won't pick you.

The way your assassin can bipass this is by targeting you. You're then pretty much screwed if they can run around the corner fast enough to keep you targeted. Then they just have to beat the escape clock and kill you.

I hope this helped you decide on the game you're going to buy. Maybe I'll see you in Brotherhood (PSN is same as user name here). Though, if you pick Black Ops because it's more SoCom-esque... I won't hold it against you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DrumHero
11-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the replies guys!

Yeah I figured by asking on an AC:B forum, I would get AC:B answers, lol. But nonetheless, they're honest answers.

I know more maps and game modes will be out, but will there be more than Alliance, Wanted, and Hunter? I heard co-op to be rumored but meh, that should be mandatory in my opinion! Lol.

I'm just saying all the game modes are pretty similar, and is anyone else besides me worried that it may get a little more repetitive than you expected? I love the mechanics of the game, and with as many AC fans as there are that love it as well, I'm fairly certain that the player base will remain firm.

I think I have decided when I get paid on the 11th I'm going to run and pick up Black Ops, and while I'm there, drop my pre-order for AC:B. Get down on Black Ops until midnight of the 15th!!

Although I've decided to get it, and I'm so excited I feel like a crackhead that needs a rock, I am worried. I guess I'll have to play it and find out. Lol. If anyone wants to add my PSN, it's down below. I'd love to have someone to assassinate some fools with when it comes out.

On a side note, if you have MW2 and want to play until Black Ops/AC:B come out, that's cool too!

PSN - D_r_u_m_H_e_r_o