PDA

View Full Version : I regard th landing a huricane

doogerie
05-18-2009, 01:42 AM
I can set it down but i land it to fast and brake the under carrage how fast or slow do i have to aproch the runway? also how do you recover from a stall

doogerie
05-18-2009, 01:42 AM
I can set it down but i land it to fast and brake the under carrage how fast or slow do i have to aproch the runway? also how do you recover from a stall

jamesblonde1979
05-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Keep it at 160 kph with landing flaps down, use the elevator to control your speed and the engine RPM to control your rate of descent.

Remember to push the nose down if you get too slow, don't try and fight it or you will drop a wing. If you do drop a wing then push forward on the stick and use aileron and rudder to correct.

M_Gunz
05-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Recover from a stall or a spin? Two different things, the first is much easier to recover from.

You should practice stall and spin well above the ground, 2 or 3 1000 meters above.
Learn the slowest IAS you can fly level and the power you need to use.
Then when you approach to land, fly about 1/3 faster than that speed with prop rpm at 100% and low power.
On the final and keeping above stall till you are about to touch down, use the following formula:

Control speed by raising or lowering the nose and never quickly. You must be in steady control.
Control your height and rate of drop by decreasing or increasing power.

So you are watching speed and height and rate of fall and staying above stall till wheels about to touch.
You are also watching that your wings stay level. If a wing starts to drop, rudder away from it gently.
And always be ready to bring power up and abort landing if things do not look right.
You are trying to learn what looks right and get a feel for what should be.
If you can ride a bicycle then you should be able to do all these things at once.

Tully__
05-18-2009, 04:06 AM
What these guys said, except I use 150km/h as approach speed. Cut throttle just before touch down and gently pull the stick back to try to keep the wheels just above the runway, the plane will stop flying somewhere around 110 - 120km/h and you've landed.

It helps immensely if you set up your approach a long way out and get your aircraft properly trimmed for the approach speed you choose, first rudder trim then elevator.

Use the slip indicator to check rudder trim, the needle should be centered when the throttle is set to just maintain approach speed. The turn and slip indicator is located at the bottom edge of the instrument panel just right of centre with a needle pointing up and a needle pointing down. The needle pointing up is the slip needle.
When you have the slip needle centered using rudder trim, adjust the elevator trim control so the aircraft flies at your chosen approach speed without having to push or pull on the joystick. Once you've done this, you can use small increases or decreases of throttle to control your descent angle and life is much easier.

SeaFireLIV
05-18-2009, 04:35 AM
Landing a Hurricane is easy. Recovering from a stall, isn`t.

Best to learn to land a Hurricane first.

M_Gunz
05-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Here is a practice mission though for some reason it starts putting the flaps down for me, first thing I have
to do is flaps up! I've never seen that happen before.

Just copy the text below, paste into Notepad and Save As Landing.mis into a mission folder.
I have 1946 on E:\1946 so I used the E:\1946\Missions\Single\RU\Hurricane MkIIB folder, then in game it shows
as a single mission, Russian, Hurricane MkIIB, Landing.

This will put you in a Hurricane IIB ready for landing approach to Sevastapol concrete airfield. Adjust power
to about 35% at the start and you have time to get ready but no more. It is made to cut practice time down,
when you land or not then hit Escape, Quit and Refly as many times as you need. See if you need to raise the
flaps right at the start, if you can (F key get flaps up) then do it, you won't need them down for a little while.

[MAIN]
MAP Crimea/load.ini
TIME 12.0
CloudType 0
CloudHeight 1500.0
player r0100
army 1
playerNum 0
[Wing]
r0100
[r0100]
Planes 1