PDA

View Full Version : GUNS In ASSASSINS CREED 3

ALTAIRXEZIO
11-22-2009, 02:20 PM
hey guys... im a huge fan of the melee combat of this game.... and well AC3, if its going to star Desmond well then theres going to be guns.... i personally dont want it to be a shooter, but do u guys want firearms in the game, or not

narego
11-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I really hope that if there is going to be AC3 its not going to be ''future'' assassins creed, because if it is.. its not assassins creed anymore and i wont buy it, there stil is so much '' old cool history '' left which they can use ;P...

Teeem3000
11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Awesome Free-running, awesome melee combat, modern guns and an intuitive, dedicated cover system? Yes, please.

But only if it's modern. I know that a lot of people think that cover systems are stupid, and broken. But it's the way devs implement them in games, not the idea of the cover system itself. Personally, I think it's stupid for people to stand out in the open and shoot at each other, more dangerous too.

Say if it's set in the 17th or 18th centuries, then a cover system would be a bit useless, cause guns weren't all that accurate, or reliable back then anyways.

Pull out the flintlock- point- shoot- hope you hit the guy in front of you- drop flintlock- pull out next flintlock or sword- close in for melee- stab, stab, stab

I think the omission of guns as weapons in a modern setting would be kinda silly. I can't see the assassins having a "no guns" rule(Everything is permitted). And the Templars( having basically pioneered almost all technology in history, according to Zedic) would have the most advanced weapons of our time.

RipYourSpineOut
11-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Teeem3000:
Awesome Free-running, awesome melee combat, modern guns and an intuitive, dedicated cover system? Yes, please.

But only if it's modern. I know that a lot of people think that cover systems are stupid, and broken. But it's the way devs implement them in games, not the idea of the cover system itself. Personally, I think it's stupid for people to stand out in the open and shoot at each other, more dangerous too.

Say if it's set in the 17th or 18th centuries, then a cover system would be a bit useless, cause guns weren't all that accurate, or reliable back then anyways.

Pull out the flintlock- point- shoot- hope you hit the guy in front of you- drop flintlock- pull out next flintlock or sword- close in for melee- stab, stab, stab

I think the omission of guns as weapons in a modern setting would be kinda silly. I can't see the assassins having a "no guns" rule(Everything is permitted). And the Templars( having basically pioneered almost all technology in history, according to Zedic) would have the most advanced weapons of our time.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Also, it's Vidic. Not Zedic http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Teeem3000
11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Ha, yeah I thought I might be wrong but I wasn't sure. Man, I want to kill that guy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

salted onions
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
I voted yes just because I want to see how they would implement it. The gameplay is secondary too the story for me, so as long as it isn't gamebreaking, and the story is still good, I'm good.

caswallawn_2k7
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
I hope they don't do guns or present/future games as the thing that makes this series work is the whole animus story line, if you make the game happen in real time to keep it realistic they would have to make it so if you die your dead, or if you fail a mission it would have to be failed for ever as the person wouldn't go back knowing some1 was trying to kill them now would they?

they said in the interviews that they don't want to turn the game into a shooter and they also said the didn't like when people playing games said "oh I'm dead again" were in the animus you never actually die you just lose sync with your ancestors memories.

look what they did at the start of AC2 Desmond couldn't die and took no damage as the didn't want to make it to have a chance of killing the main person in the story.

Dreams-Of-Glass
11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I'd rather not have guns but I guess it all depends on how Ubisoft handles it.

I think it'd also be interesting to see Desmond running around stabbing people with a pen or wacking people with rulers. (Inspired by the broom and fishing rod)

Mr.Cabanilla
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
i THINK AC3 should be plotted in D.C
and. DESMOND AND LUCY GET MORE ADVANCED TRAINING from an assassin from china the only free place from templars. Desmond and Lucy travel to china and learn new arts as they work as double assassins. As they try to eliminate many as many templar leaders there are. The Story line in AC2 was so short i beat it in 6 hrs.
Desmond meets the animus 3.0 in the car at the end of AC2. He has another ancestor from china that has a friend named confusis
-Mr. CABANILLA

Validus_64
11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
See: Splinter Cell

Dragonfire126
11-22-2009, 04:50 PM
My thoughts for improvements and story development for Assassins Creed 3:
CAN/WILL CONTAIN SOME SERIOUS SPOILERS FROM AC1 AND AC2!!!

- Keep the frequency you return to Desmond,
which was 2-3 times. That was good to get really into the Rennasaince and Ezio.
Desmond is great, but the theme of assassins creed was from the begginning stealth and blades, please stay with that!

- DO NOT make multiple ancestors available. Keep one to get character development and emotion optimal.

- As i said before, stay in the past with all the blades and armors, this setting fits AC.

- If you return to Desmond, make the Bleeding Effect pop out, like with AC2 :P.

- Keep the variations coming.

- Make the assassinations spectacular to watch, so add a cutscene when bringing a target down.
Not only the death scene, but more would be great.

- The Assassin Suit is great, but make it possible to go in civilian attire to do some eavesdropping ect.

- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, KEEP THE DUAL HIDDEN BLADE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif!!!

- Make it possible to find treasures underwater, with an air indicator.

These are all ideas that i just got during the game, and without a doubt this is the best game i have. An open world, awesome cinematics, great systems. Congrats guys, you've made one for the books!

EzioAssassin51
11-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Depends what type! I would hate modern machine guns because that's not what AC is about! maybe more accurate hidden guns!

Reznovish
11-23-2009, 04:50 AM
Guys the game cant run any longer from the nowadays weapons.I mean sooner or later you will have to play the role of Desmond and he can't kill the guys who run 'Abstergo' with his hidden blade.

caswallawn_2k7
11-23-2009, 05:03 AM
they don't have to keep going forward they can explore any time.

l Khasim l
11-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Well, both new Batman movies by Christopher Nolan had guns, but the Dark Knight could handle people without using them, just like in Batman: Arkham Asylum. So, guns for enemies - yes, guns for main character - NO!
Except occasional sniper missions perhaps.

Impulsez
11-23-2009, 07:54 AM
I beg to differ

SPOILER SPOILER

the modern day templars in AC2 use cane thingos not guns.... and they are proper templars... so you could use the hidden blade and such so i say no to guns for both enemies and good guys..

XxRTEKxX
11-23-2009, 09:05 AM
The series is heading to the present time period. They will keep the animus in the game, with being able to go back in time, but I think we will see more of Des, which means hand to hand combat and gun play.

caswallawn_2k7
11-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:
The series is heading to the present time period. They will keep the animus in the game, with being able to go back in time, but I think we will see more of Des, which means hand to hand combat and gun play. in one of the dev chats they have actually said the third game could be set even before the first game. if the game keeps selling they will milk it for all it's worth and the best way to do that is stay in the past, once you resolve the future the game is done.

l Khasim l
11-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Impulsez:
I beg to differ

SPOILER SPOILER

the modern day templars in AC2 use cane thingos not guns.... and they are proper templars... so you could use the hidden blade and such so i say no to guns for both enemies and good guys..

The Templars are using the canes so that they are sure they won't kill Desmond, because they need him alive (for now). At least that's what I think - in the 1st game Templar soldiers wiped out the Assassins trying to rescue Desmond with guns after all.

ChaosOveride
11-23-2009, 11:32 AM
It all really depends oon the advancement of tech, the templars could only use guns for things they consider beneth them, at other times using more advanced weaponry. but i would like to stay in the past, brin on the 16th centuray and a british Assassin? XD

Xyks
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
According to an interview my good friend google showed me they are thinking about placing acIII between acI and II. They dont know which period they should take though, since they want a period that is important to mankind.
Still between acI and II is not much left but medievil times...
I think AC in the present wouldnt work, on the one hand firearms would change the whole combat system on the other hand the present architecture-style doesnt offer as many freeclimbing-possibilities as the game would need...

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-23-2009, 12:45 PM
muzzeloaders and cannons,everything else no. oh an only muzzleloadaers up to the 17th century. nothing beyond.

ulquiorra13
05-10-2010, 05:44 PM
If theu added real guns not like the hidden gun it would just destroy the whole "Assassin" look.

Fairus60
05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Xyks:
According to an interview my good friend google showed me they are thinking about placing acIII between acI and II. They dont know which period they should take though, since they want a period that is important to mankind.
Still between acI and II is not much left but medievil times...
I think AC in the present wouldnt work, on the one hand firearms would change the whole combat system on the other hand the present architecture-style doesnt offer as many freeclimbing-possibilities as the game would need...
That sounds like something Id like to see. Now, about the guns, I dont think its a bad idea to introduce them, but in a limited way, maybe in a manner of using only ONE type of gun, and make it hold very few ammunition and make it hard to get more of it. Making us to go more with blades than guns, use it like a last resource weapon, like the hidden gun.

JohnConnor2012
05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
As Ubi-Soft Gamer points out, there was already a gun in AC2 - though frankly such a pain that it was typically easier not to use.

Good point about them needing Dessie alive to find more PoE - but no reason why he can't use guns on them. Didn't seem to value Templar lives much at the end of AC-2. Maybe we'll see a bar on sniper rifles and above for the same reason we do bows in earlier editions: inhibits free-running.

V. interested in what Caswallawn and Xyks said about AC3 (non-Dessie stuff) being set between AC1 and -2. If so, the early-14th century, when the (overt) Templar order was suppressed seems most likely. Really, really interested as to where this sources from though (not trying to be a dik here - just wondering what other esoterica adheres here...).

ZnorfRat
05-10-2010, 06:45 PM
they should make a stealth walking/crouching ability that makes you less vunerable to gaurds detecting or seeing you.

nukelukespuke34
05-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I'd be happy with a silenced pistol. No submachine guns or assault rifles for Desmond however.

And yes, crouching is a must.

goldenarm009
05-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I voted yes just because I want to see how they would implement it. The gameplay is secondary too the story for me, so as long as it isn't gamebreaking, and the story is still good, I'm good.

Yeah i don't subscribe to the notion that AC "can't have guns". Especially considering that it is plainly obvious that at least part of AC3 will take place in the present. Afterall, we saw the developers introduce this at the end of AC2...and i would consider it an unfinished game if i didn't have the opportunity to kill Vidic. How do you make Desmond the ultimate assassin? You put AC3 in a time period with guns...

Mitro-Blade
05-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Im not against the idea of guns in a future ac title, but the devs shouldn't make it like a complete shooters. I don't think the devs should totally ignore guns. How about making them similar to the hidden gun Ezio used? I don't think it stayed the same for centuries. But Im also open to more Animus time with Desmond (With another ancestor)

El_Sjietah
05-11-2010, 06:42 AM
I think it's a tad short sighted to exclude the idea of guns altogether. How many huge gunfights do current day assassins get into? The tactics haven't changed, they still strike from the shadow and disappear without leaving a trace. It's only the equipment that has.

Sypron
05-11-2010, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't mind if they set AC3 in the present of past, but if they do set it in the present (which seems likely), they kinda need to implement guns fully. Ammo and aiming, atleast. With enemies using firearms.

Because in AC2 you do fight some Templar's. And they use sticks. I realise that they did that because the entirety of the game before then used a melee weapon mechanic, so it's acceptable. But if they try to set a game in the present against an organisation that controls the world who discover almost all modern technology; they don't use sticks. They use guns.

firelegendmush
05-11-2010, 07:51 PM
As long as its not an fps and its more based on stealth (stabbing people, etc. )

bennyboo17
05-11-2010, 08:45 PM
The most i could see in that game is something like a silenced pistol. other then that i think they are really gonna try and impliment the sneakyness that the game is all about

the dlc in my opinion seemed to stress the whole dont get seen aspect and i think that #3 could be much like this in that alot of sneaking and unsuspecting assassinations are gonna take place. it seems easy to charge into a place where ur fighting ppl who have swords and ur an assassin but i couldnt see desmond running into a room full of templars strapped with automatics ready to kill him. the only way i could see this is that somehow through all the time in the animus and his sync with all his ansestors desmond gets some kinda assassination time where he slows time so he can dodge bullets or something, but i have no clue what ubi has planned but itll be epic

goldenarm009
05-11-2010, 11:10 PM
The most i could see in that game is something like a silenced pistol.

Yeah I don't see how that would detract from the game at all to have a silenced pistol to take down modern templars when AC3 rolls around. It is almost foolish to assume otherwise

Vampire28
05-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Didn't they just release an Assassins Creed game that had guns?

Oh. no...wait...that was Splinter Cell.

El_Sjietah
05-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Ignore this.

Crucify Lucifer
05-14-2010, 05:19 PM
If they decide to base AC3 in the present (Desmond's present), I really hope they avoid guns. In the same sense, using little metal rods instead of guns is just ludicrous.

However, after watching Subject 16's truth video, a future without guns actually could make sense under the right circumstances.

ritly113
05-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Well, according to Mithra, Desmond has to go to places around the world, and more than likely 3rd world countries. I am betting that the combat would be very similar to Batman: Arkham Asylum where Assassins versus armed henchmen, the Assassins rely heavily on stealth and blending into the crowd. Guns are pretty much useless if you don't know where to shoot. And don't forget that vidic wanted Desmond alive, and for some ******* reason, he brought thugs with clubs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif So, they may not have every enemy armed with guns.

Crash_Plague
05-16-2010, 12:32 PM
adding guns will definately change the atmosphere of the game, but as long as its implemented well and still leaves room for the classic up close and personal attacks, I don't see any reason they shouldn't try to fit them in there.

Cpt_Yanni
05-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Assassin's Creed is moving to Hitman if they will add silencers (silenced pistols) and other guns in combination with stealth... And my opinion is that this is completely against the real core of Assassin's Creed. The core is about hidden blades in combination with stealth, not guns in combination with that...

itsamea-mario
05-16-2010, 02:56 PM
well, so long as they make the guns realistic, as in not easy to aim like in other games, where amazing shots are pulled of all to easily, shooting a target especially a moving target with say a pistol or smg isnt an easy task, besides you can still use stealth, like splinter cell, but more 'not get seen' defined, i mean it wouldnt be that hard to have a disarm abilty, think its not gonna be a shooter is it, he wont be able to free run propperly with an assault rifle, just limit him to a pistol, very limited ammo, not too easy aiming system, maybe just like the hidden gun in AC2.

dont forget AC1 and 2 had bows in, its just the same.

AmazonAlani
05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
I've no problems with Desmond having guns -> silenced handun and or, sniper rifle would be cool. Course, he hasn't learn't how to use them, him in particular using a gun seems strange...

Throwing knives for him instead perhaps? Love them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The time period his ancestor is in, NO!
No guns there! Ezio having the mini pistol thing is "modern" enough.

Bows are not the same at all. Besides, he can't use them, though I wish he could.

- - -

itsamea-mario
05-17-2010, 01:18 PM
same context, ranged weapons that cause damage, alatir/ ezio couldnt use them is true, maybe desmond no use rifles, few people complained about not using bows, maybe only a pistol for dez, although i think it'd be better if he could pick up rifles, but you'd have to drop them to do most parkour.

Mitro-Blade
05-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
same context, ranged weapons that cause damage, alatir/ ezio couldnt use them is true, maybe desmond no use rifles, few people complained about not using bows, maybe only a pistol for dez, although i think it'd be better if he could pick up rifles, but you'd have to drop them to do most parkour.
I think exactly the same. Im not against guns in ac3, as long as it doesn't become a 3rd person shooter. Im more in the direction of a new upgraded hidden gun, which can be used in the same manner as in ac2. And you don't always have to fight people using guns, why not make it so that the only way to survive guys using guns, would be to run?

Deathshennin
05-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Epic, Ak-74 Vs Dagger. Do the math, it wont be fun with guns.

Laser Wire, Claymore, Camera, Gaurds with Guns.

It would be a challenge though.

itsamea-mario
05-18-2010, 11:12 AM
thats where STEALTH comes in, after all, assassins creed 2 was intended to be a stealth game, but people soon realised that if you got into a fight you could kill 5 guards in a few seconds.

Razrback16
05-19-2010, 05:50 PM
I would love to see Ezio fight with dual swords, or short blades.

AmazonAlani
05-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
I would love to see Ezio fight with dual swords, or short blades.

I love fighting with the 2 hidden blades. Sometimes it's actually more effective than sword. Depends on enemy.

-

Account_Deleted
05-23-2010, 07:16 AM
yes but rare,
like what they did with Mirrors edge or AC2,
allow weapons but desmond would have to find the ammunition and stuff

Stormpen
05-23-2010, 07:20 AM
What is it with guns? I see my cousins play games like Splinter cell and Crysis..... I fail to see the attraction. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Murcuseo
05-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
What is it with guns? I see my cousins play games like Splinter cell and Crysis..... I fail to see the attraction. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

You don't have a *****

Stormpen
05-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormpen:

You don't have a ***** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it's all testosterone? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

El_Sjietah
05-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormpen:

So it's all testosterone? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's more to do with "shooting stuff".

I'll stop now.

Stormpen
05-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

So it's all testosterone? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's more to do with "shooting stuff".

I'll stop now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Garçons.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

AmazonAlani
05-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Sheesh... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm a girl and I like shooting and guns (In real life too!)

They're just not neccessary or fit in every game. They fit ok with Mirror's Edge, but not sure they'd do as well in AC games.

- -

itsamea-mario
05-23-2010, 09:39 AM
filles http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

well there cool, cos you can shoot them at things, and you feel better when you hold one, and whoever has the biggest one wins.

same for firearms aswell. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Stormpen
05-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by AmazonAlani:
Sheesh... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm a girl and I like shooting and guns (In real life too!)

They're just not neccessary or fit in every game. They fit ok with Mirror's Edge, but not sure they'd do as well in AC games.

- -

That's my point. I've nothing against guns in a game, I'm an avid TR gamer, but I don't think guns would suit a game like AC. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

itsamea-mario
05-23-2010, 02:22 PM
either you have it in the modern day WITH guns, or not and NO guns, you cant have a modern day game without firearms bieng involved.

Kaxen6
05-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
either you have it in the modern day WITH guns, or not and NO guns, you cant have a modern day game without firearms being involved.

Yeah... It's kind of hard to have modern times without guns...

Unless you want to get all Jack Churchill with it (he showed up for WWII with a claymore and a longbow and has the only longbow kill of WWII...mmmyep!)

Wildest_Dream66
05-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Neh.... I hope Ac 3 Will be like V for Vendetta that guards got guns and whe can hack and slash them whit or blades and i hope it will be in de 17 century, the game is not ready after 2 parts to play in the modern world and i hope that Ac 3 part will have a mysteries assassins again. i don't like these characters that play heros or everyone knows...........

Marius_Darkwolf
05-24-2010, 04:27 AM
In a modern setting, I don't think there will be a player usable gun, and I kinda like that actually. I mean think about this, look at a modern setting, one might be able to get away with a hidden blade (especially if it's nonmetallic), and some throwing knives, but trying carrying a sword out in the streets, the cops would be all over you. That said, I think there will be some guns in the hands of cops and guards (just like now days) but then there were also archers on the roofs too. Most will probably be nightsticks or tasers/cattleprods. After all Vidic and the Aberstergo bosses want what's in Desmond's brain. They don't want said brain dripping out of a extra hole

Phosphur
05-24-2010, 05:34 AM
I have a few ideas for AC3:
-if it is including the animus and an ancestor, do not make the ancestor female or else it would be weird
-give players the ability to remove weapons and armor if they feel as though they don't need it
-add the thumbstick into counterattacks so that when the player points the stick in a different direction, they will do a different counterattack
-if there is going to be a pistol on the hidden blade then make it a free-aiming system
-enhance the swimming so that players can hold their breath and dive a fair distance underwater and include an underwater camera
-if the game is going to include a fair amount of Desmond (and I hope it does so long as it has an equal amount of animus) use a cover system like Splinter Cell:Conviction
- the target of enemies in combat was not the greatest in AC2 so maybe allow people to target enemies by using the right thumbstick
-allow players to replay sequences after they finish the game
-have a god mode (a mode where you create a new save with everything from the previous save given that it is completed)
-give players a reward for finishing the game like a full sync. regeneration ability or unlimited sync. and the ability to kill civilians without losing sync. like AC1

these are all ideas that I came up with while playing AC2

AmazonAlani
05-24-2010, 08:35 AM
You know this is the gun thread, not the wishlist thread... right?

- -

Black_Widow9
05-24-2010, 11:33 AM
@ Phosphur-
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please use this Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497/p/1) for non weapon related AC3 discussion.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

lilbacchant
06-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Personally, one of the things I'm most curious (and, therefore, excited) about is HOW the developers handle the modern era in AC3. That the developers have said it'd be a trilogy** from the get-go, and the indications in AC2 that Desmond's experiences in the Animus are also meant to act as "training", certainly indicate a road in the story that leads to some modern day missions.

Fortunately, the developers seem to share a distaste for this turning into a shooter but, as others have said, how do you avoid guns in a modern era setting? My guess is that you don't try to avoid them so much as try to minimize their importance. One possibility, e.g., is Altair's Armor and granting it reasonable bullet-proof capabilities.

IF I was involved in the development (don't all laugh at once), I'd incorporate the fact that said armmor was black into an all, or mostly, black outfit for Desmond, and instead of relying on blending w/ crowds to be stealthy, have him rely on shadows. In otherwords, I'd much rather have an unusual (read: Cool) outfit that'd make me stick-out in public but, otoh, would allow me to melt into the shadows and darkness.

Combine these two and you still have gameplay that mostly relies on melee fighting and stealth kills vs. gunplay. It wouldn't break immersion as the Templar's would quickly realize that their automatic weapons and what-not were of limited value; thus, they'd resort to melee weapons when confronted/expecting/defending the prospect of encountering Desmond.

** The 'fact' that it's a trilogy doesn't mean the series dies w/ AC3 but, it seems to me, they do at least have to resolve the whole, 2012, apocolypse plot. Indeed, it seems to me, that end-of-world revelation in AC2 was superb in that it provides a means of wrapping-up the trilogy w/out eliminating the conflict between asassins and templars in future games.

Not that I'd pay attention to anything I have to say. I'm just a dweeb w/ an itchy controller finger, an overactive imagination, and a delusion that I could tell a good story via a video game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

montagemik
06-03-2010, 05:06 AM
I'd say guns are a definate for AC3.
Introduced in AC2, likely still used or expanded in AC Brotherhood.
Along with other weapons added for AC2 & Brotherhood i think AC is following TENCHU somewhat.
We now have poisons, smoke bombs,pistols, spears, the new Claw & Fan & elements of disguise & the glider also used by ninjas(bows also shown in AC2 & Brotherhood.

So i personally think AC3 could go the whole JAPAN route, Assassin's must have had connections with Ninjas, Around 18th century the time of the Samurai's decline would be a perfect time zone.
Westerners/Templars arrive in Japan with modern guns & the Assassins/Ninja's are hunted down during ANIMUS missions & as Desmond in Modern day Tokyo with tasers,guns & skyscraper free running for the final face off.
Assassins 'Freed' could be the title, but in this context Guns could work well.
just my thoughts

HeavenAwaits
06-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by narego:
I really hope that if there is going to be AC3 its not going to be ''future'' assassins creed, because if it is.. its not assassins creed anymore and i wont buy it, there stil is so much '' old cool history '' left which they can use ;P...

I agree with you ! My brother heard that they may be doing that and if so, they blades will be different, I believe he said.. "Nano Blades" But I am not confirming this yet. I haven't seen anything on that, but if Ubisoft is reading this... DO THAT! Cause it would be GREAT if you did =) Just think about our opinions. There are more people then you know wanting AC3 to be based in the future =)