PDA

View Full Version : new stick ? help please

Ritter_Cuda
12-25-2004, 12:09 PM
ok I've got x-mass money to buy a new stick set up. I had the CH fighter stick, pro thottle,and pedals all game port. So they will not work with my curent system. I'm stuck between buying the thrustmaster cougar and useing my old pedals or getting a whole new CH set up.
help need advice! I know there both good. But I've never used thrustmaster so I don't know how easy there are to set up and program. any and all input is needed i've got money burning a hole in my pocket :-)
Cuda

DHC2Pilot
12-25-2004, 12:34 PM
I've got the Saitek X45....it's a nice combo, the only problem with it is that the stick is a little bit too big - you have to move your hand up to the top of the stick to gain access to the fire buttons and HAT controllers (unless you have really long fingers or a very large hand. The throttle module feels nice though, and all the controls on that module are nicely placed. All in all I'd give it about an 8 out of 10.

Metallicaner
12-25-2004, 12:43 PM
I hihgly recommend the Saitek EVO Force Feedback one, nice to hold in your hands and the manouverability you can perform on the planes with this stick, un-beatable, tried various brnadsof joysticks, like Thrustmaster, Logitech, Micrososft and of course Saitek, and the EVO WITH FFB "is" the best choice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

georgeo76
12-25-2004, 12:46 PM
I love my X-45, precisely because of my large hands. I've tried other sticks, but they all feel like toothpicks in my flippers.

The buttons have started to go on the 45, so I've ordered the new X-52. I'm looking forward to it, as I've gotten so much from the X-45.

I'm sure that the CH stuff is excellent (I've enjoyed their pedals for some time now) The cougar seems cool, although it seems to cause grief for several ppl. I'd never know, cuz my budget strains under the weight of the Saitek stuff.

Ritter_Cuda
12-25-2004, 01:16 PM
I can't do the X-45 i have one now i have massive hand streanght and break the buttons in 2 or 3 months. For a time i had two just so i could keep sending one back for repairs. I know the CH will last me as My old one still works. but have not a clue as to the Cougar. so i'm stuck on these two as to with will work best for me. more feed back might help. and thanks for those that have added to this already.
Cuda

Tully__
12-25-2004, 06:47 PM
For everything you ever wanted to know about Cougars, visit the Cougar World (http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=365211cc37749ac1ce54845958f3f96 0&f=8) forums at the Frugal's World site.