PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

C96Tommo
07-09-2006, 06:48 AM
i have pacific fighters, have loaded latest 3.04 patch.when i try to log into the games on line i keep getting message " pacific fighters dogfight not loaded" what does that mean . is it something separate to the game i need or is it an error. it happnes on all the previous versions as well ie il2, fb, fb ex pack. If i have PFighters does that mean that i also have the latest versions of the other games or are they classed as different version sof the same game just older?

C96Tommo
07-09-2006, 06:48 AM
i have pacific fighters, have loaded latest 3.04 patch.when i try to log into the games on line i keep getting message " pacific fighters dogfight not loaded" what does that mean . is it something separate to the game i need or is it an error. it happnes on all the previous versions as well ie il2, fb, fb ex pack. If i have PFighters does that mean that i also have the latest versions of the other games or are they classed as different version sof the same game just older?

danjama
07-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Welcome to the forums, and good luck with the volleyball of information about to hit you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

JG52Karaya-X
07-09-2006, 07:15 AM
You will need to patch your game first - noone's playing 3.04 anymore. Did you install PF as a standalone product or as an addon to FB+AEP? If the first is the case you will need the normal patches - if the latter is the case you will need the patches marked with an "m" at the end which indicates a "merged" install.

Anyway I would strongly advise you to make a merged install:
1)Install FB
2)Install AEP
3)Install PF as addon to FB/AEP
4)Patch up

Here's a guide about updating your game:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/5581083643

Here you can find the latest patches:
http://patches.ubi.com/pacific_fighters/

Taylortony
07-09-2006, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C96Tommo:
i have pacific fighters, have loaded latest 3.04 patch.when i try to log into the games on line i keep getting message " pacific fighters dogfight not loaded" what does that mean . is it something separate to the game i need or is it an error. it happnes on all the previous versions as well ie il2, fb, fb ex pack. If i have PFighters does that mean that i also have the latest versions of the other games or are they classed as different version sof the same game just older? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take it you are trying on ubicom, have you got the game in a folder say games etc? as that can cause it make sure it patched ok ie when loading look at the bottom left corner of the loading screen and ensure the right version shows, if it does not reinstall the patch manually into the game folder........ ok next

go start on windows
all programmes
ubisoft folder
last window
click on set up
when it opens click on network
is there a window called IP if it has default in it click on default
select lower number then save will replace default
try again if not use the other number

note not all have that...........

next have you a firewall? if so are you alowing the game server through? as if it cannot connect from ubi to your pc because it is blocked it does not find it.. quick check stop firewall try then if it does come out reset firewall on and look to alter settings.... if it dont its not that.

the first thing i mentioned is the best as it looks for the game in the default location... ie c drive programme files ubisoft, the ubicom fires up ok goes to find the game and it is not there, so it pops that message, by ensuring the patches are in the folder it should get round it or you will need to tell it where it is......

C96Tommo
07-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the response

Just to make life interesting i have 2 pcs so I can fly online with my son

On i pc i have loaded the complete editions cd which has il2, fb, fbep and Pf on it and have loaded latest drivers update. On other pc have all used my individual il2,fb,fbep and stand alone pf.

I will try to follow the great advice you have given

Presumably although I have gone through 2 different routes to get pf loaded i will still be able to fly with my boy?

thanks again

JG52Karaya-X
07-09-2006, 11:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C96Tommo:
Presumably although I have gone through 2 different routes to get pf loaded i will still be able to fly with my boy?

thanks again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes of course. It doesnt make a difference if you installed a merged game via the Complete Edition DVD or via the individual game CDs - however it is a lot comfortable to install via the DVD as you are patched up to 4.04m in one go and only need to apply 4.05m (if you wish).