PDA

View Full Version : Turret control

Bomber_Dude
11-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Is it just me or does anyone one else find it frustrating to control the gun turrets with the mouse ? Seems down right clumsy to me. Be nice if the hat switch could be used. Left and right to control the direction and fore and aft to control the elevation. Anyone got any other schemes ?

Bomber_Dude
11-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Is it just me or does anyone one else find it frustrating to control the gun turrets with the mouse ? Seems down right clumsy to me. Be nice if the hat switch could be used. Left and right to control the direction and fore and aft to control the elevation. Anyone got any other schemes ?

The_Great_Stonk
11-22-2004, 06:46 PM
clumbsy to use the mouse ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif dont play alot of 1st person shooters do you...

mouse is easily the best way to aim and fire a turret...

TAW_BlueDevil
11-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Exactly my thoughts stonk. Especially if you have an optical mouse using the mouse is a superb way of aiming the turrets. Its very precise and smooth. Many new FPS players thought gamepads would be the way to go until they used the mouse and after a little bit of practice they wondered what they were thinking before LOL.

Bomber_Dude
11-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Nope, haven't done any first person shooters since Duke Nukem back in the 80's, barely can find time for flight sims !