PDA

View Full Version : S16's Connection to Desmond's Past

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I assume a great number of us have seen our prize for solving all the clusters, if not go watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ejyg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgzzeyuejyg&feature=related)

Now here's something overlooked. 16 said "she is not who you think she is." Now many people assumed he meant Lucy (especially after finishing the game). Lets set aside the "Lucy" part okay. What is the significance of that one line? It means two things:
He had forehand of knowledge of Desmond despite the fact they never met (as far as we know)

If he doesn't know his past, the 16 inside the Animus has an awareness of Desmond's current life since being abducted, or somehow learned of his past recently

Think about it. "She is not who you think she is." We may not know who "she" is but 16 and Desmond do (Desmond isn't aware of who exactly "she" is yet I know). That's only because 16 didn't give any names there.

So how can 16 know of this "she" and know Desmond has either met or been made aware of her identity? I'll list them again

1. He either had knowledge of Desmond's life (and the "she" in it) before he died.

2. The 16 inside the Animus doesn't know Desmond's past and instead has awareness of Desmond's life 'since' using the Animus. So if this one's the case it could be easier to deduce the "shes" in Desmond's life since his capture

3. Or, the 16 inside the Animus somehow acquired knowledge of Desmond's past while Desmond used the Animus, thus learning who this "she" is and that Desmond knows her too

So again, we know for a fact 16 knows this "she" whether personally or 'knows of her' idk which but he does know her. That's the fact. Now he either knew (or learned) that Desmond knew her as well, again whether personal or 'know of' idk which.

With my 3 possibilities in mind, if any turn out to be an explanation in Brotherhood I'll be amazed since all of them offer pretty surprising answers. Now there could be a way more complex answer then the one I gave in Revelations (I hope there is cuz I don't want an unsatisfying answer).

I'm not saying any of my possibilities are correct either. Hence the word "possibilities".
I'm open to any other explanation though.

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I assume a great number of us have seen our prize for solving all the clusters, if not go watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ejyg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgzzeyuejyg&feature=related)

Now here's something overlooked. 16 said "she is not who you think she is." Now many people assumed he meant Lucy (especially after finishing the game). Lets set aside the "Lucy" part okay. What is the significance of that one line? It means two things:
He had forehand of knowledge of Desmond despite the fact they never met (as far as we know)

If he doesn't know his past, the 16 inside the Animus has an awareness of Desmond's current life since being abducted, or somehow learned of his past recently

Think about it. "She is not who you think she is." We may not know who "she" is but 16 and Desmond do (Desmond isn't aware of who exactly "she" is yet I know). That's only because 16 didn't give any names there.

So how can 16 know of this "she" and know Desmond has either met or been made aware of her identity? I'll list them again

1. He either had knowledge of Desmond's life (and the "she" in it) before he died.

2. The 16 inside the Animus doesn't know Desmond's past and instead has awareness of Desmond's life 'since' using the Animus. So if this one's the case it could be easier to deduce the "shes" in Desmond's life since his capture

3. Or, the 16 inside the Animus somehow acquired knowledge of Desmond's past while Desmond used the Animus, thus learning who this "she" is and that Desmond knows her too

So again, we know for a fact 16 knows this "she" whether personally or 'knows of her' idk which but he does know her. That's the fact. Now he either knew (or learned) that Desmond knew her as well, again whether personal or 'know of' idk which.

With my 3 possibilities in mind, if any turn out to be an explanation in Brotherhood I'll be amazed since all of them offer pretty surprising answers. Now there could be a way more complex answer then the one I gave in Revelations (I hope there is cuz I don't want an unsatisfying answer).

I'm not saying any of my possibilities are correct either. Hence the word "possibilities".
I'm open to any other explanation though.

Ioder
08-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Could S16 possibly be talking about Minerva? Is she trying to manipulate us?

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Its quite possible. Nothing may say she's a good guy but nothing says she not a bad guy either.
I personally think she's a bad person. She took part in the slaving of humans and called their desire for freedom a "betrayal". That much is a fact. I think Juno is bad too.

Maybe she is manipulating

LightRey
08-23-2011, 03:56 PM
There are some theories out there that suggest that "she" might be referring to Eve.

Ioder
08-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Well what do we know about Eve in the AC series that we need to think different about?

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Nothing. We know Eve held a POE and was with a guy named Adam. That's all we know for sure.

Why she was mentioned by 16 remains to be seen.

twenty_glyphs
08-23-2011, 04:02 PM
You do have a point. We know that Subject 16 seems to know a lot about Desmond, however that is. It could be because they have some connection in the past, or it could be because 16 saw a vision of Desmond among all the things he saw in his genetic memories. Or maybe the Subject 16 of Brotherhood knows about Desmond currently because they're both inside the same Animus. As for who "she" is, it could also be referring to someone in Desmond's future that we haven't even met yet. I really don't think we're going to solve anything with this. They gave just enough clues to be really intriguing, but not enough to put anything together and figure out the truth.

Ioder
08-23-2011, 04:05 PM
What I want to know is did Ubisoft plan this? They've turned the AC series into something more than a game, I wonder while making the first AC that they planned to add mysteries and puzzles into future games?

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 04:05 PM
@Twenty Exactly! And they have a habit of doing that. That's good though. Maybe he meant someone in the future. That would definitely surprise me

If theres some sort of vision here I think he got it from the apple somehow. Maybe his ancestor saw the future and he did as well due to the Animus. The reason I say that is cuz of the glyphs from the apple we saw at the ending

twenty_glyphs
08-23-2011, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ioder:
What I want to know is did Ubisoft plan this? They've turned the AC series into something more than a game, I wonder while making the first AC that they planned to add mysteries and puzzles into future games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really wonder a lot about this too. It's really a perfect combination of history, science fiction and conspiracy theories that is more than the sum of its parts. I hope that one day they come out with a "Behind The Scenes" book that gives some insight into their influences and when and where certain ideas came from. It could also give some more insight into what some of the more obscure symbols and other things are intended to mean.

I'm really curious at what point during the making of the first game they came up with the idea to add the whole science fiction/conspiracy theory/glyph angle to it. It must have been late in the process, because I know they didn't know the Templars were the antagonists from the start. I still remember the feeling of "what just happened?" after finishing the first game and then looking it up and seeing all the references to conspiracy theories and pseudo-science theories. It just seemed so interesting that they were taking all these crazy theories and putting them in a world where they were real and had an overarching explanation.

Ioder
08-23-2011, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ioder:
What I want to know is did Ubisoft plan this? They've turned the AC series into something more than a game, I wonder while making the first AC that they planned to add mysteries and puzzles into future games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really wonder a lot about this too. It's really a perfect combination of history, science fiction and conspiracy theories that is more than the sum of its parts. I hope that one day they come out with a "Behind The Scenes" book that gives some insight into their influences and when and where certain ideas came from. It could also give some more insight into what some of the more obscure symbols and other things are intended to mean.

I'm really curious at what point during the making of the first game they came up with the idea to add the whole science fiction/conspiracy theory/glyph angle to it. It must have been late in the process, because I know they didn't know the Templars were the antagonists from the start. I still remember the feeling of "what just happened?" after finishing the first game and then looking it up and seeing all the references to conspiracy theories and pseudo-science theories. It just seemed so interesting that they were taking all these crazy theories and putting them in a world where they were real and had an overarching explanation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm glad somebody else finds this interesting, I love what Ubi has done so far with the series and I'll stick with them to the end. (Which will be the saddest day of my life.)

ShaneO7K
08-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Although there is nothing to back this up but just an idea I might as well put out there.

What if S16 was at the Farm when Desmond was younger/in his teens. He could've been a friend of Desmonds father. Possibly at some point Desmond over heard a conversation between the two, something he could've back then thought to be meaningless and forgotten. But while Desmond goes through his memories he returns to this point and what S16 said back then is now relevant to what Desmond is doing now.

Right now no real evidence to what i'm saying but just something which could possibly happen.

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Maybe. He could know 16 and not be aware of it. But if that list of decoded memories is true then we might relive a memory of 16 that answers a lot of questions

Btw, I think they added that list in teaser so we 'would' decode it. I assume they monitor this forum and know we do stuff like that

Ioder
08-23-2011, 04:41 PM
I wonder if Ubi is sitting back right now just waiting to see if anybody can figure out the puzzle they've created.

LightRey
08-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I wonder if Ubi is sitting back right now just waiting to see if anybody can figure out the puzzle they've created. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure they are. I would be.

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Just like I said. Somebody in here is an insider watching us *dramatic music plays*

ShaneO7K
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
Just like I said. Somebody in here is an insider watching us *dramatic music plays* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know too much! *Stabs with hidden blade and throws body into a bale of hay*

LightRey
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
Just like I said. Somebody in here is an insider watching us *dramatic music plays* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're everywhere! Watching. Waiting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Mikatsuki95
08-23-2011, 05:03 PM
And waiting and watching. *eery wind starts to blow*

Ioder
08-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Maybe a user among us is one of them... Don't trust anybody.