PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Sequence 9

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 04:55 PM
I have a feeling that the Sequence 9 that we have in ACB isn't what the devs originally wanted the whole Sequence 9 to be.

According to the Wiki, in the novelization of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Ezio and Machiavelli were given 10 hand-held bombs each, made by Leonardo and different from smoke bombs. They attacked 12 Borgia Ships and a military encampment. I believe that this scene was going to be in Sequence 9 and was going to be our introduction to a form of Bombs and a foreshadowing of what we would get in Revelations, but they took it out for what-ever reason.

Here's the wiki quote"

"Quite little bombs, but effective enough to, say, wreck ships or disperse a camp."
?Leonardo da Vinci.[src]

Hand-held bombs were small explosive devices designed and manufactured by Ezio's close friend, Leonardo da Vinci. Consisting of a small, steel ball filled with sulfur, charcoal and potassium nitrate, they also possessed a small fuse which required lighting before the device could be detonated.[6]
HistoryEdit

These bombs were first used against Cesare Borgia's diehards, who had amassed a sizable military force in the city of Valencia.[6]

During the attack on Valencia, Ezio and Niccolò Machiavelli, each equipped with ten hand-held bombs, brought chaos to Cesare's military forces. They destroyed twelve Borgia ships, and an entire military encampment.[6]
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Bombs

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 04:55 PM
I have a feeling that the Sequence 9 that we have in ACB isn't what the devs originally wanted the whole Sequence 9 to be.

According to the Wiki, in the novelization of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Ezio and Machiavelli were given 10 hand-held bombs each, made by Leonardo and different from smoke bombs. They attacked 12 Borgia Ships and a military encampment. I believe that this scene was going to be in Sequence 9 and was going to be our introduction to a form of Bombs and a foreshadowing of what we would get in Revelations, but they took it out for what-ever reason.

Here's the wiki quote"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Quite little bombs, but effective enough to, say, wreck ships or disperse a camp."
?Leonardo da Vinci.[src]

Hand-held bombs were small explosive devices designed and manufactured by Ezio's close friend, Leonardo da Vinci. Consisting of a small, steel ball filled with sulfur, charcoal and potassium nitrate, they also possessed a small fuse which required lighting before the device could be detonated.[6]
HistoryEdit

These bombs were first used against Cesare Borgia's diehards, who had amassed a sizable military force in the city of Valencia.[6]

During the attack on Valencia, Ezio and Niccolò Machiavelli, each equipped with ten hand-held bombs, brought chaos to Cesare's military forces. They destroyed twelve Borgia ships, and an entire military encampment.[6] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Bombs

Sarari
10-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Why would they take a mission like that out!!!???? That would've made Brotherhood amazing and more fun!

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Development reasons, deadlines, maybe their play testers didn't take to getting a new combat option at the end of the game so well.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Why would they introduce bombs in the last sequence of the game? That seems a little weird to me. Unless they intended for the game to be much longer than it eventually became, I don't think that makes sense.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I personally wouldn't of minded it, as you could of still experimented with them during Free-roam.

It's just that Sequence 9 was so short, that you'd think there would of been something else in it.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I personally wouldn't of minded it, as you could of still experimented with them during Free-roam.

It's just that Sequence 9 was so short, that you'd think there would of been something else in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, yes, I agree that sequence 9 was quite short and was probably originally intended to be longer, but I doubt they'd introduce a new feature such as bombs at the end of the game. It might be possible that they originally intended to introduce them earlier on and then use them during the sequence.

masterfenix2009
10-16-2011, 05:07 PM
They might have also took it out because they wanted it in Revelations.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
They might have also took it out because they wanted it in Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the bombs would of just been like the Shrapnel Bombs with a fuse, instead of having a bunch of kinds to choose from.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 05:31 PM
I guess they ran out of dev time/money for another Exotic gameplay sequence.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
I guess they ran out of dev time/money for another Exotic gameplay sequence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of that did you guys see this article

http://www.escapistmagazine.co...opment-Time-is-Ideal (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.317863-Developer-Assassins-Creeds-12-Month-Development-Time-is-Ideal)

It confirms my belief that Ubisoft employees are not all happy about the yearly releases which is no surprise to anyone I suppose.

Falko Poiker: "A lot of people complain about that, I mean I'm talking internally - people say there's not enough time." He said. "

Saqaliba
10-16-2011, 05:42 PM
That is most likely true. There is a spare spot for another weapon in the inventory of the animus which suggest they removed a weapon but forgot to remove this space for it in the inventory. Hence bombs being implemented in Revelations.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
I guess they ran out of dev time/money for another Exotic gameplay sequence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of that did you guys see this article

http://www.escapistmagazine.co...opment-Time-is-Ideal (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.317863-Developer-Assassins-Creeds-12-Month-Development-Time-is-Ideal)

It confirms my belief that Ubisoft employees are not all happy about the yearly releases which is no surprise to anyone I suppose.

Falko Poiker: "A lot of people complain about that, I mean I'm talking internally - people say there's not enough time." He said. " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I think it's not that bad. At least now they have significantly more people working on it. the thing is it's important to just get the games out there, and get really meaningful data on what works, what doesn't haw to get stuff done quicker, and streamline the process, so each game can be exponentially better.

I don't think that just stagnating for 3 years would have made AC3 a masterpiece. I think these intermediate games are good for the health of the series.

They do make significant additions, gameplay-wise. They explore what to do with Assassin's creed, what players like, shuffle around mission formats, change and weak and add to the core gameplay mechanics, iron out the kinks of the engine, improve presentation. I see Brotherhood as the first step forward, which didn't go perfectly, but it went better than you expected. Revelations is largely about learning from the last step how to make the next one better, but it's also about taking more risks there. And that's how it should be. I think that AC3 should be an aggressive consolidation of all the mechanics and features that we've had, with tweaks and improvements to absolutely everything, and just BIGGER. BIGGER. Longer story, bigger cities. Focus on scale, don't worry about making the next hookblade, worry about improving the hookblade to make it more impressive and styled differently. Don't worry about the next hidden gun but worry about adapting it convincingly for a modern setting and giving it a real gameplay purpose and tweaking it to be easier to use.

The greatest innovation needs to come from how they make existing things better, for AC3, I think.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 05:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saqaliba:
That is most likely true. There is a spare spot for another weapon in the inventory of the animus which suggest they removed a weapon but forgot to remove this space for it in the inventory. Hence bombs being implemented in Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was the slot for the apple of eden, actually.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 06:00 PM
@calvarok: I am going to have to disagree. I would not call Brotherhood by any means a "significant" jump from ACII. And you can throw all the people at a project that you want but it will not guarantee quality in fact what it does is incentivizes many people to rush something instead of a smaller more passionate group. Imagine if that bigger group of people were given 2+ years instead of having to rush everything in 10 months how much better of a game we would have now. Having 2+ years does not encourage people to slack off or for the game to stagnate as you said. ACII itself was slightly unfinished after 2 years and it also had around 400 people working on it. I just hope that Alex won't be proven wrong when he said that after ACIII, the yearly thing is not going to happen anymore. It's time to get back to ACII quality.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Back to ACII quality?

I don't want ACII quality. AC2 felt rushed in terms of story and character development. Brotherhood actually didn't for me.

Altair661
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
I hope in Revelations they tell you when you renovate your city anymore. Because once you start sequence 8 there's really no break inbetween that and the end. And I was expecting to do alot of my buying and stuff after sequence 8 (I had been saving up) because I hate running around renovating after the game because you really get no gain from it.

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Brotherhood had so many side missions ONLY for the reason of the story being so short. There was not even any real depth to the side missions. They were just tacked on. Even the city was slightly lazy; it just recycled a bunch of the scenery, excluding the main attraction points. And half the city was nothing but countryside. I think that is was alright for countryside, but I think there was WAY too much countryside in Brotherhood.

People may deny it, but it is true. These yearly releases are not good for the series. BUT, I do think AC3 should come next year. Mostly because I am sure they have been working on it for a while now.

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Back to ACII quality?

I don't want ACII quality. AC2 felt rushed in terms of story and character development. Brotherhood actually didn't for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RUSHED in story and character development?? The story in Brotherhood was SIGNIFICANTLY short. There was just a city full of side missions. The story was short. You can not deny it.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 06:16 PM
That's your opinion dude. I like ACB the most out of all three games, and most others did also.

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
That's your opinion dude. I like ACB the most out of all three games, and most others did also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked the game too. But, the story was rushed.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
Brotherhood had so many side missions ONLY for the reason of the story being so short. There was not even any real depth to the side missions. They were just tacked on. Even the city was slightly lazy; it just recycled a bunch of the scenery, excluding the main attraction points. And half the city was nothing but countryside. I think that is was alright for countryside, but I think there was WAY too much countryside in Brotherhood.

People may deny it, but it is true. These yearly releases are not good for the series. BUT, I do think AC3 should come next year. Mostly because I am sure they have been working on it for a while now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I agree. At this point it would just not make sense to release ACIII after next year. It has to come out next year unfortunately so I really hope they started on it long ago.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 06:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
Back to ACII quality?

I don't want ACII quality. AC2 felt rushed in terms of story and character development. Brotherhood actually didn't for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RUSHED in story and character development?? The story in Brotherhood was SIGNIFICANTLY short. There was just a city full of side missions. The story was short. You can not deny it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But AC2's story went by really fast, along with the characters. I hardly knew what was actually happening at certain points.

ACB had less events, and less characters. They could spend more of their time enriching those events and the characters. I just liked it better.

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

People may deny it, but it is true. These yearly releases are not good for the series. BUT, I do think AC3 should come next year. Mostly because I am sure they have been working on it for a while now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I agree. At this point it would just not make sense to release ACIII after next year. It has to come out next year unfortunately so I really hope they started on it long ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Next year for both the reasons of the story coming to a point where real-life meets it and also it has most likely gotten a nice amount of development time.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
That's your opinion dude. I like ACB the most out of all three games, and most others did also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked the game too. But, the story was rushed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. The only rushed sequence was Sequence 9.

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Back to ACII quality?

RUSHED in story and character development?? The story in Brotherhood was SIGNIFICANTLY short. There was just a city full of side missions. The story was short. You can not deny it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But AC2's story went by really fast, along with the characters. I hardly knew what was actually happening at certain points.

ACB had less events, and less characters. They could spend more of their time enriching those events and the characters. I just liked it better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you think that there should be less going on??

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 06:21 PM

I liked the game too. But, the story was rushed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. The only rushed sequence was Sequence 9. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe "rushed" was the wrong term. But, the sequences were much shorter than AC2.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Yes!

Less events, more details on the events we have.

So many details were left out in AC2, they had to put the Christina missions in ACB.

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes!

So many details were left out in AC2, they had to put the Christina missions in ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They can still add details, while having more events. They should be EXPANDING the story, not wiping it out.'

They could STILL add things like the Christina missions as well. Longer development time, longer and more in-depth games. What could possibly be WRONG with taking all that time to carefully develop a game?

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Yes!

So many details were left out in AC2, they had to put the Christina missions in ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They didn't even do that well though in ACB. How many times did you really see machiavelli or Leonardo? Not enough to know much about them except who's side they were on. The Da Vinci disappearance gave you more time with Leo that was nice but the game had a short rushed story. I don't think it even did a good job of really explaining how screwed up Cesare was. The worst thing I saw him do was make out with his sister. Other than that he didn't seem to me any worse than all the other people I killed in the game except that he had more power.

I will add though that the Cristina missions were pretty awesome. It had a terrible ending though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 06:34 PM
I'd still rather have a Brotherhood than an AC2. If they could combine the amount of events of AC2 and the depth and detail of Brotherhood it would be perfect.

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 06:46 PM
I'd still rather have a Brotherhood than an AC2. If they could combine the amount of events of AC2 and the depth and detail of Brotherhood it would be perfect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which goes back to development time! They can expand the story if going back to a 2 year development cycle. =)
If the rumors of AC3 being worked on since AC2, then the game should be HUGE!

Animuses
10-16-2011, 06:52 PM
AC2's story was not rushed one bit...
and about character development, the only character that needed development was Ezio and we obviously got that. The other characters were just there to aid Ezio on HIS quest.

Brotherhood's story was so weak and so short that they HAD to add a ton side-missions and add a DLC to make up for it. That's the total opposite of AC2, since two sequences had to be taken out so it wouldn't drag on.
Cesare did not even have much character development.
This is Cesare:
1.power-hungry
2.incest
3.GUARDS
He was cliche, he had no Templar-like ambition, he just wanted the world to be his.
What makes it worse is that all of the other targets were crap too. They just kissed Cesare's ***.

I'll give Brotherhood this... the story was great up until Ezio got to Rome.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry, but aren't most things the main characters story? That doesn't stop them from developing the other characters in the game/book/movie.

And honestly, Cesare had the least character development in Brotherhood for a main character.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 06:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
AC2's story was not rushed one bit...
and about character development, the only character that needed development was Ezio and we obviously got that. The other characters were just there to aid Ezio on HIS quest.

Brotherhood's story was so weak and so short that they HAD to add a ton side-missions and add a DLC to make up for it. That's the total opposite of AC2, since two sequences had to be taken out so it wouldn't drag on.
Cesare did not even have much character development.
This is Cesare:
1.power-hungry
2.incest
3.GUARDS
He was cliche, he had no Templar-like ambition, he just wanted the world to be his.
What makes it worse is that all of the other targets were crap too. They just kissed Cesare's ***.

I'll give Brotherhood this... the story was great up until Ezio got to Rome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol It's sad how true this is.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Yay, opinions are now being held as facts.

I am so sad with the world.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Here's the thing Jexx. You have every right to your opinions and that's fine that you enjoyed ACB so much. I don't think anyone would make the argument that ACB was terrible or even bad but understand that many of us see ACB as a terrifying threat to a franchise that we all love.

ACB represents the beginning of the end and what we all fear is that the franchise will continue to be as rushed as shallow as ACB was. ACB was good but not anywhere near as great as it could/should have been had it been given more time and it wasn't near as great as ACII. That's just my opinion though.

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Yay, opinions are now being held as facts.

I am so sad with the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay. It is fact the MAIN story-line of ACB was shorter. But, Brotherhood needed more of a lot of things. Brotherhood was good, but not the best. I will leave it at that.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I see it as exactly the opposite then. I see Brotherhood as a great aid for the series and would love for the future games to be more like it in terms of it besides the difficulty of the combat, as I think Brotherhood is the Pinnacle of the series currently. I think ACR will ace it though.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Here's the thing Jexx. You have every right to your opinions and that's fine that you enjoyed ACB so much. I don't think anyone would make the argument that ACB was terrible or even bad but understand that many of us see ACB as a terrifying threat to a franchise that we all love.

ACB represents the beginning of the end and what we all fear is that the franchise will continue to be as rushed as shallow as ACB was. ACB was good but not anywhere near as great as it could/should have been had it been given more time and it wasn't near as great as ACII. That's just my opinion though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.

Although I think it really just needed more people working on it. Look at how good Revelations looks with more studios on board!

Brotherhood didn't look near as good by Gamescom last year as Revelations did at Gamescom this year.

I'm going to definately use that to infer my expectations of the game.

It looks a lot more finished, and the level of improvement we've seen since E3 just graphicswise is so much better than Brotherhood.

Not to mention the story.

Brotherhood's promotional trailers shied away from the story, and showed us war machines and Borgia towers.

And for good reason. THe main story is kinda one-note.

But what I did like about Brotherhood was the general feel of doing all those side-missions and borgia towers in Rome, which has to be one of the best AC cities ever.

I came for the Single-player, and I got sucked into the Lairs of Romulous missions and Glyphs way more.

The Last Day was probably the best linear puzzle mission in Assassin's Creed. The way you break down the door was so epic, and the plapable feeling of loneliness in a huge crumbling building was awe-inspiring.

But really, Brotherhood for me fell short of AC2 without falling quite as far as AC1 did.

And everything I've seen about Revelations is convincing me that it's going to do much better than that.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Calvarok, does that mean you think ACR will be better than AC2?

Altair661
10-16-2011, 07:36 PM
I felt like ACB's story was predictable, except for the Desmond parts. I thought story wise AC2 had more depth but when they started doing the time skips, I was okay with them, but it was just a tad confusing when they would skip 20 years.

But AC2 had a good story, as well as ACB, but I felt AC2 was more of a hero/redemption story more than anything. Up until you fought Rodrigo for the first time, after the that the story started picking up really well for me.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Calvarok, does that mean you think ACR will be better than AC2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, definately.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
:P

I can't wait to get the game.

Although I still wonder about Sequence 9 in Brotherhood. It feels like they didn't complete it.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
:P

I can't wait to get the game.

Although I still wonder about Sequence 9 in Brotherhood. It feels like they didn't complete it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same! At the end of sequence 9 i was life W*F? This is it?! It's seems so rushed on i mean they could atleast added something like when Ezio sees Leonardo for the last time since apparently he won't be in ACR.

naran6142
10-16-2011, 09:05 PM
i recall them saying there would be 2 major dlc releases for ACB, i think the 2nd was supposed to fill in the sequence 9 gap

i guess for some reason they cut it out

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 10:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
i recall them saying there would be 2 major dlc releases for ACB, i think the 2nd was supposed to fill in the sequence 9 gap

i guess for some reason they cut it out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The second dlc for Brotherhood was supposed to be huge. It was supposed to be the AC product for 2011 but one of the higher ups decided they'd rather made another full out AC game which turned into ACR.