PDA

View Full Version : The B-29 is porked!



x__CRASH__x
11-29-2004, 05:25 PM
I flew the B-29 on a server last night. Engines are powerful, and thats nice. I was easily able to lift my 20 x 500lb load alot. But after that, my smiling stopped.

FM is screwed up. This thing flies like a fighter. I know it has powerful engines, but I shouldn't be able to barrel roll with a full bomb load! But I did!

Aiming is terrible! I dropped the bombs precisely where they should have been dropped to terminate the factory. Bombs went too far and to the left! I was appauled!

DM is porked! A FW-190 came after me. Shot the hell out of my tail and ruined an aileron. I never lost full, easy control of the bird!

I'm getting so sick of screwed up airplanes! This better get fixed in the next patch or I'm going to refuse to fly the Superfortress again!

Jason Bourne
11-29-2004, 05:28 PM
um....yah....*grabs the popcorn and waits*

VW-IceFire
11-29-2004, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
I flew the B-29 on a server last night. Engines are powerful, and thats nice. I was easily able to lift my 20 x 500lb load alot. But after that, my smiling stopped.

FM is screwed up. This thing flies like a fighter. I know it has powerful engines, but I shouldn't be able to barrel roll with a full bomb load! But I did!

Aiming is terrible! I dropped the bombs precisely where they should have been dropped to terminate the factory. Bombs went too far and to the left! I was appauled!

DM is porked! A FW-190 came after me. Shot the hell out of my tail and ruined an aileron. I never lost full, easy control of the bird!

I'm getting so sick of screwed up airplanes! This better get fixed in the next patch or I'm going to refuse to fly the Superfortress again! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You know its AI only? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Korolov
11-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Uh-oh. CRASH is at it again.

http://www.mechmodels.com/fbstuff/crazyivan_ban.jpg

Bearcat99
11-29-2004, 05:42 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

You sure are walking that line....... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

x__CRASH__x
11-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Wha?

heywooood
11-29-2004, 07:01 PM
and the bar is waaay undermodeled...this bird carried a full bar with 3 kegs and a blender in R/L....wazzup?!?

x__CRASH__x
11-29-2004, 07:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:
and the bar is waaay undermodeled...this bird carried a full bar with 3 kegs and a blender in R/L....wazzup?!? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please try to keep this topic serious.

Thank you.

heywooood
11-29-2004, 07:07 PM
you first

Fennec_P
11-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Here is a serious question. What does it take to get banned around here?

BlastinFooz-619
11-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Please try to keep this topic serious.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]



AM I THE ONLY GUY WHO FINDS THIS GUY ANNOYING? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

x__CRASH__x
11-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Apparently some people are bereft of humor.

They ban people for personal attacks and the like. I merely add a little life to this forum on occasion. Try taking a deep breath, pull the panties out from where they are stuck, and enjoy the game and the forums.

These forums aren't all about whining and moaning all the time. There once was a time people actually had fun while visiting the UBI forums... many moons ago.

heywooood
11-29-2004, 07:50 PM
...yeah - Humor is waay underrated around here..ofcourse...its usually undermodeled too.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
11-29-2004, 07:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/tHeBaLrOgRoCkS/hodgesmain.jpg

OI!! Put that bloody light out!!!

Gibbage1
11-29-2004, 07:57 PM
I think someone is begging for another vacation.

roybaty
11-29-2004, 07:59 PM
He speaks of the before time, in the long long ago http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

But I gotta say crash isn't as bad as you know who (HINT 3 syllables, starts with "R" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif)



<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
Apparently some people are bereft of humor.

They ban people for personal attacks and the like. I merely add a little life to this forum on occasion. Try taking a deep breath, pull the panties out from where they are stuck, and enjoy the game and the forums.

These forums aren't all about whining and moaning all the time. There once was a time people actually had fun while visiting the UBI forums... many moons ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

x__CRASH__x
11-29-2004, 08:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gibbage1:
I think someone is begging for another vacation. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I say they give it to you!

RedDeth
11-29-2004, 09:04 PM
DUDE. on a serious note and im not joking. i was chasing a B-29 in a server at about 5k i think and i couldnt catch it in my spit9 !! the dang thing was BOOKIN!! i couldnt gain on it and i was at like max speed for five minutes!!! no this isnt trying to be funny ...that bird can boogey man. its fast .

heywooood
11-29-2004, 09:05 PM
and I say that was well played...advantage: Crash

http://snl.jt.org/arc/char/DaKo-***an.jpg

CowboyTodd41
11-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Posts like this remind me of when the pilot's lounge was still around, oops! We aren't supposed to talk about it are we http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

actionhank1786
11-29-2004, 11:10 PM
haha i enjoy Crash's random posts.
They a. drown out the real people complaining for no reason, and the countless threads of "I didnt read the readme...why am i stuck on the carrier deck?"
It's a nice break from the norm.

x__CRASH__x
11-30-2004, 12:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CowboyTodd41:
Posts like this remind me of when the pilot's lounge was still around, oops! We aren't supposed to talk about it are we http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Pilots Lounge does still exsist. When UBI took it away, the pilots who liked to hang out there created "A complete waste of space"

Click the link under my siggy to get there. Much fun is to be had by all. Be sure.

x__CRASH__x
11-30-2004, 12:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
haha i enjoy Crash's random posts.
They a. drown out the real people complaining for no reason, and the countless threads of "I didnt read the readme...why am i stuck on the carrier deck?"
It's a nice break from the norm. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks Hank.

You can show your appreciation by pointing me to a tutorial on how to Photoshop screen shots the way you do. I was browsing your thread, and I like the effects!

Peter_Fitzwell
11-30-2004, 12:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:
and the bar is waaay undermodeled...this bird carried a full bar with 3 kegs and a blender in R/L....wazzup?!? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please try to keep this topic serious.

Thank you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was mad that the microwave oven in the crew cabin didn't work and there was only basic cable installed for the televisions. I was looking forward to eating some orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn and watching the Sopranos during the long flight to the target and had to settle for a cold pop-tart and an infomercial for some kind of home gym.

You would think in such an expensive game, this would have been modeled better.

[/sarcasm]

H4wkw1nd
11-30-2004, 12:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
[QUOTE]The Pilots Lounge does still exsist. When UBI took it away, the pilots who liked to hang out there created "A complete waste of space"

Click the link under my siggy to get there. Much fun is to be had by all. Be sure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CWOS - the title pretty much sums up that site and its adherents http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif...

Peter_Fitzwell
11-30-2004, 01:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H4wkw1nd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
[QUOTE]The Pilots Lounge does still exsist. When UBI took it away, the pilots who liked to hang out there created "A complete waste of space"

Click the link under my siggy to get there. Much fun is to be had by all. Be sure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CWOS - the title pretty much sums up that site and its adherents http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


A little levity is a good thing. It entertains the like-minded while driving the straight-laced up the dang wall.

hobnail
11-30-2004, 02:32 AM
http://users.on.net/apoulos/donk.jpg

Tully__
11-30-2004, 04:07 AM
Awww, CWOS can be fun if you go there with the right 'tude. Just don't expect anyone to take anything seriously and do them the same favour. There are occasional serious discussions but the place is about letting your hair down and relaxing, not about surpassing Socrates.

x__CRASH__x
11-30-2004, 02:00 PM
There is an entire forum within CWoS dedicated to serious discussions that are not game related. It's heavily moderated and no spam is allowed. There is also a serious FB+AEP+PF forum that is relatively spam free. (We still enjoy an occasional joke) The Sports page and other game pages are cool. But the best forum... the forum that seperates the men from the a$$hats... is the Pilots Lounge. Have some thick skin, and be able to take a joke and roll with a punch. Tons o fun.

Tully, haven't seen you around in a while! You better pop in before your panties crawl too far in. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

R_Mutt
11-30-2004, 03:29 PM
CWoS? Never heard of it.

The best forum I know, is the VFC forum.

x__CRASH__x
11-30-2004, 03:48 PM
Never heard of it.

DuxCorvan
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
All AI planes have simple FMs. If they were realistic, it would be imposible for AI to manage them, or it would consume too much CPU. No matter if it can roll, because the AI isn't programmed to roll with it -it's 'bomber AI'- and you're not intended to be the pilot... yet. Wait for KAMI's cockpit, and if it finally reaches port, it's likely that a new, complex FM will be made for it.

H4wkw1nd
11-30-2004, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
Awww, CWOS can be fun if you go there with the right 'tude. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's my problem. I simply don't have the right 'tude, dude http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif...

x__CRASH__x
11-30-2004, 08:21 PM
What tude do you have, dude?